Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

How is this wrong? It's the definition of capitalism.

I agree with you, YouTube is saturated with mostly "meh" or down right bad videos.

That said if someone can create videos that draw enough attention advertisers will pay them for the large fan base they have. If that is the case than more power to them.
I wish I could do it tbh.

csmat99

They just opened a major land over Memorial Day weekend.

Star Wars Land is currently penciled in for ~Fall 2019 at DHS. By summer 2019 at DL.
I guess you never been to the world during the true peak season around xmas? No way would they open it close to the holiday season where parks are already at capacity. So to make the opening worth while and do all their special ticketed events they would need to do a soft opening by end of August and open in Sept. I just don't see that at all based on history and fact that they do want DL to have a buffer. I'm telling you it's not going to open that Fall and wouldn't be shocked if SWL in DL is open by May of 2019.

peter11435

I guess you never been to the world during the true peak season around xmas? No way would they open it close to the holiday season where parks are already at capacity. So to make the opening worth while and do all their special ticketed events they would need to do a soft opening by end of August and open in Sept. I just don't see that at all based on history and fact that they do want DL to have a buffer. I'm telling you it's not going to open that Fall and wouldn't be shocked if SWL in DL is open by May of 2019.
They opened parts of new fantasyland in December. The original Star Tours opened 10 days before Christmas.

csmat99

They opened parts of new fantasyland in December. The original Star Tours opened 10 days before Christmas.
Neither of those two come even close to the demand and scope of SWL. The only thing close has been Harry Potter in recent years. You recall seeing the pictures of people waiting for Harry Potter to open up? It will be that times 2. Fantasyland was a joke. Its M&G, Restaurant and bad dark ride with nice landscaping and waterfall. And star tours was such a long time ago and it was when DHS actually had more than 4 rides open and you could walk around MK on Xmas day and not feel like it was times square on NYE.

ToTBellHop

Well, you seem to be sure that you know best, so there you are.

peter11435

Neither of those two come even close to the demand and scope of SWL. The only thing close has been Harry Potter in recent years. You recall seeing the pictures of people waiting for Harry Potter to open up? It will be that times 2. Fantasyland was a joke. Its M&G, Restaurant and bad dark ride with nice landscaping and waterfall. And star tours was such a long time ago and it was when DHS actually had more than 4 rides open and you could walk around MK on Xmas day and not feel like it was times square on NYE.
Obviously the scope is very different and I doubt opening in December is their first choice. But if things fall behind and they miss fall they will open as soon as things are ready even if that means December.

csmat99

Attendance wise the crowd levels are actually not too far off. The Christmas crowds just last for much longer.
Ok if my recollection is accurate MK closes for capacity on avg 6 times a year. NYE is always one of them and 2-3 are during Xmas week. July 4th is the other when MK most likely will close to capacity. Only other times of the year it will is when easter and spring break overlap.

csmat99

Obviously the scope is very different and I doubt opening in December is their first choice. But if things fall behind and they miss fall they will open as soon as things are ready even if that means December.
That isn't what I'm saying. I'm not saying they will deliberately hold off opening a park because they couldn't get it done by October. I feel strongly the plan is to get it open in Feb of 2020. Because it makes sense to open it at a time when hotels aren't at capacity already.

Kman101

Well, you seem to be sure that you know best, so there you are.

Despite numerous insiders like yourself stating it will open in 2019. Fall makes sense due to somewhat lighter crowds.

And to Matt just because they don't normally open things in Dec around the holidays doesn't mean they won't open a land like SW then.

peter11435

That isn't what I'm saying. I'm not saying they will deliberately hold off opening a park because they couldn't get it done by October. I feel strongly the plan is to get it open in Feb of 2020. Because it makes sense to open it at a time when hotels aren't at capacity already.
You can feel strongly about anything you'd like. Doesn't mean you are correct. The plan is to get it open in 2019.

Kman101

September also has lower crowds. Not sure why you're determined to keep insisting 2020 when numerous people are telling you otherwise.

Chicagoshannon2

They have stated both SWL will open ind 2019. If that doesn't happen the company will get more criticism than they ever have.

I also think it's a mistake to not open them at the same time. Seems very short sighted to me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
September also has lower crowds. Not sure why you're determined to keep insisting 2020 when numerous people are telling you otherwise.

Yeah, everything we have seen, including Disney's own announcement is saying 2019 if things go as planned. I have little doubt that 2019 is the plan, now if something causes it to slip that's another matter entirely.

Kman101

Yeah, everything we have seen, including Disney's own announcement is saying 2019 if things go as planned. I have little doubt that 2019 is the plan, now if something causes it to slip that's another matter entirely.

Exactly. And of course it is very possible something causes it to slip, but they still have, what it seems like, several months after a planned opening to still make it 2019. They're not going to hold off if they can help it, even if it means opening in December. IMO. But, again, IMO, the "plan" has never been 2020, unless an insider wants to tell me otherwise.

They're 5-6 months behind Disneyland, no? Maybe even 4? (In terms of construction itself, I know that still leaves a month or two for testing, soft opens/previews, etc.)

csmat99

It's not about being determined. It's about gathering information and coming to my own conclusion. DL wants a buffer between the two lands opening. Spirit also confirmed this in a post awhile back. So it's not like I have a bet on when it opens. And if recent history has told us anything DL gets what it wants.

Kman101

They're still going to open months apart.

And no one else is drawing conclusions, the insiders are telling us what they've been told. It's opening in 2019.

csmat99

And I have already brought up that point that since they want to have that buffer between the two lands opening the chance of delays happening in the swamps of Florida with weather are much more likely to happen then in Southern CA. Especially since when CA usually gets really bad rain like this last year it will go years without getting anything to speak of. Like I mentioned before I'm not betting the house that SWL won't open in 2019 but from what I have heard and based on history with delays at WDW I'm saying don't be surprised we are talking a FEB 2020 opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom