Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Phicinfan

It's not about being determined. It's about gathering information and coming to my own conclusion. DL wants a buffer between the two lands opening. Spirit also confirmed this in a post awhile back. So it's not like I have a bet on when it opens. And if recent history has told us anything DL gets what it wants.
Okay we get it, you have done some investigation and such, and have a personal point of view. Let it go, first I don't really care what you have decided, its YOUR opinion. You are certainly entitled to it, just stop trying to stuff it down our throats. I trust the insiders we have here, not you. Just move on already and let it go

csmat99

They're still going to open months apart.

And no one else is drawing conclusions, the insiders are telling us what they've been told. It's opening in 2019.
You don't think DL wants to have a 9-12 month window of exclusivity of SWL? to get more guests and numbers? If someone knew they had to wait almost a year for FLA don't you think they would book a trip to DL and then another year after to DHS? But if FLA was opening few months after they most likely will wait.

csmat99

Okay we get it, you have done some investigation and such, and have a personal point of view. Let it go, first I don't really care what you have decided, its YOUR opinion. You are certainly entitled to it, just stop trying to stuff it down our throats. I trust the insiders we have here, not you. Just move on already and let it go
Not trying to stuff it down anyone's throat. I voiced my opinion and responded when posters asked why. I have every right to voice it so if you don't like it you can skip past it or ignore it.

Phicinfan

Not trying to stuff it down anyone's throat. I voiced my opinion and responded when posters asked why. I have every right to voice it so if you don't like it you can skip past it or ignore it.
coming across as a 2 year old is not stating ones opinion. Stating it, and letting it stand is. All I hear and read is a temper tantrum, let it go

csmat99

They have stated both SWL will open ind 2019. If that doesn't happen the company will get more criticism than they ever have.

I also think it's a mistake to not open them at the same time. Seems very short sighted to me.

I agree with you. They should of planned both to open at same time. So then you have to wonder why they chose not to.

Kman101

You don't think DL wants to have a 9-12 month window of exclusivity of SWL? to get more guests and numbers? If someone knew they had to wait almost a year for FLA don't you think they would book a trip to DL and then another year after to DHS? But if FLA was opening few months after they most likely will wait.

I don't really know what DL wants. They're being built about six months apart. It's not really up to the park executives I don't believe. At one point, even though we all knew it wasn't true, they were said to be opening at the same time, which they should have. I see your points but we're being told 2019 for DHS. That's what I'm going by.

I think it would look terrible for them if they put it off until 2020 just so DL can have a few months of exclusivity. But we'll see what happens. I understand your thinking but again, we're being told 2019.

csmat99

I don't really know what DL wants. They're being built about six months apart. It's not really up to the park executives I don't believe. At one point, even though we all knew it wasn't true, they were said to be opening at the same time. I see your points but we're being told 2019 for DHS. That's what I'm going by.
I understand. Big picture it's just frustrating when we finally are getting something that should've gotten a long time ago. Disney is going to try and wring out every drop they possibly can out of this whole thing. They want to divert your attention away from things they have neglected for so long. That being said with the 50th coming I am optimistic that things can change and all the parks get the attention they deserve and we never have a repeat of what DHS has become. Pandora was a good start from everything I have heard so far.

Kman101

I understand. Big picture it's just frustrating when we finally are getting something that should've gotten a long time ago. Disney is going to try and wring out every drop they possibly can out of this whole thing. They want to divert your attention to things they have neglected for so long. That being said with the 50th coming I am optimistic that things can change and all the parks get the attention they deserve and we never have a repeat of what DHS has become. Pandora was a good start from everything I have heard so far.

Agreed.

It is frustrating. To be fair I think DHS should have opened it first because of their need of things to do but I get that they want the flagship Disneyland to have some bragging rights for a bit. I think they really should have forced them to open both at the same time.

The DHS expansion has been so frustrating. They neglected it for far too long. They let the empty backlot sit for a few years without touching it when they should have started immediately on new things. IMO we should be preparing for SWL in 2018 and TSL would have long been open. But they'd rather stretch openings out (which I totally understand and get) and spread the costs out instead of just getting it done.

But at least we can actually say for the first time in how long that they're actually building two lands at the same time in one park, but it's a park that desperately needed these expansions. And again, they need even more than what we're getting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And I have already brought up that point that since they want to have that buffer between the two lands opening the chance of delays happening in the swamps of Florida with weather are much more likely to happen then in Southern CA. Especially since when CA usually gets really bad rain like this last year it will go years without getting anything to speak of. Like I mentioned before I'm not betting the house that SWL won't open in 2019 but from what I have heard and based on history with delays at WDW I'm saying don't be surprised we are talking a FEB 2020 opening.

No offense, but you seem to be changing your story. You have been saying Disney has planned it to open in 2020, but now you are saying delays will push it into 2020. I personally have little doubt that the internal plan is for it to open in 2019, it slipping for various reasons is another matter entirely and I agree with you that slipping into 2020 would not be surprising.

Goob

So, I wonder what the must have merch will be for SWE. The next Rookery banshee, if you will. I'm gonna say they have to find a way to produce and sell these "real" light sabers I've heard mentioned. Gonna be cool to see what all they can come up with.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Star Wars Land is currently penciled in for ~Fall 2019 at DHS. By summer 2019 at DL.

While they expect the two lands to be offset, do they still want them to open simultaneously if they could? As per...

I did hear they would actually prefer to open both lands at the same time FWIW. I personally think May 2019 will be a stretch but September could work.

ToTBellHop

While they expect the two lands to be offset, do they still want them to open simultaneously if they could? As per...
It is my understanding that they would now prefer simultaneous but the schedule doesn't really show that happening. Originally they were quite far apart. They are significantly closer now. There is certainly no feeling that DL should have "exclusivity."

Goofyernmost

I sure as the hell wouldn't. Why go to that much expense for something that will be here shortly. The first 50 visitors don't get a special prize for early attendance. I might go to DL for other reasons, but, not that.

hpyhnt 1000

It is my understanding that they would now prefer simultaneous but the schedule doesn't really show that happening. Originally they were quite far apart. They are significantly closer now. There is certainly no feeling that DL should have "exclusivity."

Corporate should offer a massive bonus to the leadership of the resort that gets their SWL opened first. Judging from past experience, TDO would move heaven and earth to be first if it meant fatter paychecks!

I kid, I kid....but only a little. :D

jt04

No he didn't. He said he believed DHS's SWL will open a year later based on just his own hunch of his dim view of how Disney can get things done in a timely manner. He very specifically said this was not based on insider information.

Actually he claimed many years ago that if they built SW as a land it wouldn't happen before 2020. Many then ran with that. To his credit he has stuck with his original thought.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

So I mostly come to this thread for visual updates to the construction (being a DL guy, I get spoiled with weekly videos)...but man this thread can be a downer at some points.

What does it matter who is "right" over opening dates? In the grand scheme of life, its about as important as whether someone's pants are blue or black. The point is...they're wearing pants! SWL IS coming to DHS. Can't egos get set aside and people not lose their collective junk over an arbitrary date on a calendar?

**slowly backs away**

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So I mostly come to this thread for visual updates to the construction (being a DL guy, I get spoiled with weekly videos)...but man this thread can be a downer at some points.

What does it matter who is "right" over opening dates? In the grand scheme of life, its about as important as whether someone's pants are blue or black. The point is...they're wearing pants! SWL IS coming to DHS. Can't egos get set aside and people not lose their collective junk over an arbitrary date on a calendar?

**slowly backs away**

It's not a matter of who it right, it's a matter of being sure accurate information is getting out there. This is a message board a Disney World, in the grand scheme of things very little we talk about here really matters.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It's not a matter of who it right, it's a matter of being sure accurate information is getting out there. This is a message board a Disney World, in the grand scheme of things very little we talk about here really matters.
Touche. It was just hard to sift through the past couple pages without finding people squabbling about opening dates. Disney has formally said 2019. How is that not good enough for everyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom