Trip Report Spoiler Alert. No Pandora, but Flowers and Gardens and Waves Galore.

Time for my first trip report!!! Exciting! First off going to tag some people in no particular order. :) @21stamps , @figmentfan423 , @Gabe1 , @betty rose , @littleroo, @Tony the Tigger , @donaldtoo, @Mr Ferret 88 , @Tuvalu , @TheMouseFan , @blgauger , @bee , @Cesar R M , @Songbird76 , @StarWarsGirl , @MinnieM123 , @MOXOMUMD , @ajrwdwgirl , @93boomer , @Courtney6682 , @amjt660 , @Doc Disney , @Goofyernmost @everybody:)

If you haven't read the ptr here is a link to it. :)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-hopefully-pandora-thrown-in-f-g-trip-2017.925406/

The planning for this trip May 19-27 started in November last year after I received a precious pin code in my email. I couldn't say no to that. ;)

Eventually I ended up getting a better rate when the AP discounts came out(dh had an AP at the time), so I rebooked for the same resort, The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. :happy:

Who was going: me, dh, and the 4 kiddos(dd15, ds13, dd9, dd6). Who we were leaving at home(3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 cockatiel, and a dear SIL who was housesitting for a price. ;))

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
After lunch we went to Dinoland Dd6 was so looking forward to going on Primeval Whirl. She even said that she had crocs on to make her taller. :p
IMG_0943.JPG

But hete is her poor little face when she saw that she was still about 4 inches too short. Not even her new snow leopard friend could cheer her up.:( I felt bad for her but dh offered to have her play some carnival games while the others went on the ride. She was okay with that.
IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

When the other kids got off PW we saw that we could catch Nemo(ha ha). :D
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
I had signed up dh for a Passholder preview at 2, The rest of us did not have AP's when I signed him up.
IMG_0959.JPG

In any case this was just one part of that line and dh said there was no way he was going to wait. I could not blame him. So we made our way outside the park.
IMG_0960.JPG

But first we looked at these guys before we left.
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG

Spoonbills are so pretty.:)
IMG_0963.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Well we did plan on seeing ROL this evening and knew that in order to make it we needed some kids to nap, but it would not happen in our cabin. So we decided to do what always worked which was a drive in a comfortable air conditioned car. We went to Celebration.:)
IMG_0965.JPG

When we first started taking our kids to Disney we would frequently take drives there and look around the new neighborhoods. It was a great way to give the kids a break from the heat and for us adults to explore someplace new.
IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0968.JPG

I would not mind living on this street. :)
IMG_0969.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG
IMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0972.JPG
IMG_0973.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Well the drive worked and dd6 got a nap in. :)
We drove around for about 40 minutes. We were all getting a little hungry so I came up with idea of going here and getting a snack. :)
IMG_0974.JPG

I tried to get some more signs but dh drove a bit too fast. :D
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG

Pop has some of the most fun decor. I wanted to take a walk around but no one else did. They wanted snacks.
IMG_0978.JPG

I spy some yummy treats, but I ended up with some clementines. :confused:No picture but when I started eating them I realized some were no good. I should have stuck with junk. Next time.
IMG_0979.JPG

The 2 older kids actually wanted meals instead so I think ds had a plain burger and dd15 got a bacon cheeseburger. Think that's what it was. No pics. Dd6 wanted a tie dye cheescake. Dd9 wanted a sundae. There was no line for sundaes until I was ready to order and then there were 4 groups of people ahead of me. :confused: They were not ordering anything simple of course. :rolleyes: One couple was from across the pond and I think they must have been on their last day because they paid for their sundaes with all change. :jawdrop:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
When we got back to the cabin we were surprised with the Sea Marine shampoo, conditioner, and soaps. :)
IMG_0981.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG

I was surprised because this was the soap we always got at the cabins. Either they have upgraded the soap for all moderates or the mousekeeper was very happy with the tips we had been leaving . :)
IMG_0983.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
img_0968-jpg.211493

No trash, lawns mowed perfectly, and no one outside to wreck the view of the street. (I don't think I'd last 5 minutes living there--too perfect looking! I definitely don't belong! :D )
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Those houses are gorgeous! :inlove: What a fun way to take a break from the parks!
It is and it's only a 5 minute drive. There are lots of nice shops and cafes there as well. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
After lunch we went to Dinoland Dd6 was so looking forward to going on Primeval Whirl. She even said that she had crocs on to make her taller. :pView attachment 211478
But hete is her poor little face when she saw that she was still about 4 inches too short. Not even her new snow leopard friend could cheer her up.:( I felt bad for her but dh offered to have her play some carnival games while the others went on the ride. She was okay with that.
View attachment 211477
View attachment 211476
When the other kids got off PW we saw that we could catch Nemo(ha ha). :D
View attachment 211479 View attachment 211480 View attachment 211481 View attachment 211482 View attachment 211483
Wow what a face! Poor baby!
Love the Nemo show!! I always tear up. lol

93boomer

Premium Member
I had signed up dh for a Passholder preview at 2, The rest of us did not have AP's when I signed him up.
View attachment 211484
In any case this was just one part of that line and dh said there was no way he was going to wait. I could not blame him. So we made our way outside the park.View attachment 211485
But first we looked at these guys before we left.View attachment 211486 View attachment 211487
Spoonbills are so pretty.:)
View attachment 211488
Don't blame him. That line was awful every time we walked by.

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Great updates!

I also like Flights of Wonder.

Love the pics on Kali.

Celebration looks like a place I could get used to.
Most definitely!!:)
Wow what a face! Poor baby!
Love the Nemo show!! I always tear up. lol
I know. I felt so bad, but then I took a picture of her sad face instrad of comforting her. Terrible mom. ;) I don't get it anyway. She is tall enough for Kali and that seems to move quicker.

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
The kids had eaten at Pop but dh and I really hadn't so he and I took the golf cart and drove to The Settlement and grabbed some take out from P and J's. I got the mac n cheese. I think dh got the wrap. We also did take cornbread to go. :)
IMG_0987.JPG

Some pics while we waited for our food.
IMG_0986.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG

I like the sayings they have on their paper products now and that it says Walt Disney World and not just Disney Parks :)
IMG_0992.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
We did make it back to AK after dinner to make out FP for ROL. I thought the Tree of Life looked spectacular at night. We had never been there at night so this was all new.:)
IMG_0994.JPG
IMG_0995.JPG
IMG_0997.JPG

Undortunately it started to drizzle a few minutes after we got seated. Dh looked at the weather radar on his phone and said that it did not look good and we did not have rain gear. :(5 minutes after the show started it got heavier and so we made the decision to leave. We ran into the store where EE lets out. There were a couple of people in there also hiding from the rain. We hung out there for a few minutes and when the rain lightened up we made our way to the front of the park. Here are a couple of pictures I did take. I took a few more, but there are better pics from other TR's not taken in the rain. ;)
IMG_0998.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG

We did catch the show at The Tree of Life as we left since the rain had mostly stopped. I am glad we saw it. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
May 23- Day 5
This was the day we would try out Typhoon Lagoon for the first time. We just had a simple breakfast in the cabin consisting of Pop Tarts, bagels, and corn bread. Kids couldn't wait to go. We ended up being the first ones there that day. :)
IMG_1027.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG

The water temps seemed a little bit chilly to me. But with a high of 91 I thought it would be bearable. ;):cool:
IMG_1029.JPG

We did have a bit of a wait before we were let in so the kids amused themselves by using data. :confused:
IMG_1031.JPG
IMG_1030.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Miss Adventure Falls was down when we first got there so we tried the lazy river for a bit. I did not carry my phone so no pics of it. It was pretty, but my initial fear of the water temp proved true. It was freezing to me early in the AM before the sun had time to heat everything up(like me;)). I forced myself in because I saw the whole family float away. :) Once I was in I figured I would get used to it, but no I didn't so I was happy when they wanted to get out and try Miss Adventure Falls again. :)

By this time it was working so we got on the line and with practically no wait we were on. :)
IMG_1042.JPG

We had to break up into 2 groups since there was a max of 4 per raft. I turned off the phone at this point. The parrot animatronic was not working so that was a little disappointing. Overall the family preferred Teamboat Springs at BB.

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
What everyone loved the most about TL was the wave pool. I stayed in the shallow end with dd6 at first and then the first wave came. Completely not knowing what to expect ds, dd15, dd9, and dh were pummeled by the wave. They loved it!! Dh could not stop laughing about it. I was just mesmerized by the size and color of the waves. Truly beautiful and my favorite color. :) I took loads of pictures of the waves.
IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom