Trip Report Spoiler Alert. No Pandora, but Flowers and Gardens and Waves Galore.

Time for my first trip report!!! Exciting! First off going to tag some people in no particular order. :) @21stamps , @figmentfan423 , @Gabe1 , @betty rose , @littleroo, @Tony the Tigger , @donaldtoo, @Mr Ferret 88 , @Tuvalu , @TheMouseFan , @blgauger , @bee , @Cesar R M , @Songbird76 , @StarWarsGirl , @MinnieM123 , @MOXOMUMD , @ajrwdwgirl , @93boomer , @Courtney6682 , @amjt660 , @Doc Disney , @Goofyernmost @everybody:)

If you haven't read the ptr here is a link to it. :)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-hopefully-pandora-thrown-in-f-g-trip-2017.925406/

The planning for this trip May 19-27 started in November last year after I received a precious pin code in my email. I couldn't say no to that. ;)

Eventually I ended up getting a better rate when the AP discounts came out(dh had an AP at the time), so I rebooked for the same resort, The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. :happy:

Who was going: me, dh, and the 4 kiddos(dd15, ds13, dd9, dd6). Who we were leaving at home(3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 cockatiel, and a dear SIL who was housesitting for a price. ;))

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
May 22 Day 4
This day was our AK day and we started at the safari. There were plenty of animals out. I could only get a few pictures of animals that actually came out half good. I know the drivers aren't supposed to wait but if they sometimes could stop for more than 5 seconds, that would be great. So here are some that are not half bad. :)
IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0883.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 21

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
My 2 favorite animals on the safari are the flamingos on Mickey island and the lions. :)
IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG

Could only get the lioness's backside. :p
IMG_0892.JPG

Afterwards we got something to eat at Kusafiri. We had a blueberry muffin, an elephant ear, a breakfast sandwich, and a Mickey pretzel purchased from a cart. :hungry:We managed to find a table inside this little pavilion. Got lucky. :)
IMG_0893.JPG
IMG_0895.JPG
IMG_0896.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 23

MinnieM123

Premium Member
those are good pics of the safari
I have given up even trying

Max

Those were some great photos she took. I haven't taken pictures, myself, for a long time (no camera, and the disposable ones are a pain in the neck).

However, what I've discovered from reading multiple TRs for a few years here, is that it's primarily luck and timing to get a great photo from the safari, for most people. (It also depends on where you're sitting in the vehicle, and the short time that the driver allows for a stop, so that people can take photos, etc.)

I've seen some outstanding animal pictures, from time to time here. And some of those photos were from people who went to WDW a few times each year, and had not taken any decent photos of the safari, on previous trips. So don't give up yet, Max! :)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Those were some great photos she took. I haven't taken pictures, myself, for a long time (no camera, and the disposable ones are a pain in the neck).

However, what I've discovered from reading multiple TRs for a few years here, is that it's primarily luck and timing to get a great photo from the safari, for most people. (It also depends on where you're sitting in the vehicle, and the short time that the driver allows for a stop, so that people can take photos, etc.)

I've seen some outstanding animal pictures, from time to time here. And some of those photos were from people who went to WDW a few times each year, and had not taken any decent photos of the safari, on previous trips. So don't give up yet, Max! :)
Yep @amjt660 think about it. The safari is a long ride and I only got 10 good shots worthy enough to share. Just luck. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
After breakfast we made our way to EE where 3 of us had a FP. I signed up 6 but 2 didn't want to go on and dh decided to stay with them. :)
IMG_0899.JPG

The imagineers loaded the queue with some really cool relics. Sometimes when you are in line for a coaster you forget that there is a lot of effort actually put into those queues.
IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_0902.JPG

I sat with dd9 and dd15 got a single rider with her.
IMG_0903.JPG

Guess who used her brown eyes to sucker daddy into getting her a snow leopard.:rolleyes:;)
IMG_0904.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
And just to clarify on the safari picture issues...

What I find is that if I try to take pictures I to might get a few good ones but I spend the whole time trying and getting frustrating with all the ones that do not turn out

So I find it more enjoyable now to just ride along, enjoy the commentary and look for/at the wonderful animals and scenery

Max

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Love your pix! May have to upgrade to the 7. I especially love all the water pix!!
Yayy for the snow leopard to find a home. They are my favorite. :)
I had an android prior to the 7 plus. The reason I wanted the 7 plus was because of the camera. I figured a great camera would cost a bundle and would be cumbersome. I love having a great camera in a small package. I have gone from the Canon Sure Shot to the Sony Cyber Shot. I liked that they were small but they were so unresponsive and indoor pix were terrible. I never would have gotten great shots of the fireworks with either of those. I totally recommend the 7 plus. The 7's screen is too small for me and the battery lasts longer in the 7 plus.:)

Ha! So true! :) But not complaining about it. It should be that way.;)

93boomer

Premium Member
I had an android prior to the 7 plus. The reason I wanted the 7 plus was because of the camera. I figured a great camera would cost a bundle and would be cumbersome. I love having a great camera in a small package. I have gone from the Canon Sure Shot to the Sony Cyber Shot. I liked that they were small but they were so unresponsive and indoor pix were terrible. I never would have gotten great shots of the fireworks with either of those. I totally recommend the 7 plus. The 7's screen is too small for me and the battery lasts longer in the 7 plus.:)

Ha! So true! :) But not complaining about it. It should be that way.;)
Thanks for the info!:)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Next up was Kali River Rapids. This is everyone's favorite ride at AK! :)We were taking bets as to who would get the wettest. I thought I would. Dh said he would. Funny how we want to get wet but don't want to walk around with wet underwear. :p
IMG_0922.JPG
IMG_0923.JPG
IMG_0925.JPG
IMG_0926.JPG
IMG_0929.JPG

First splash down. The other family with us got hit with this splash. :D
IMG_0930.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

The result! Dh did get the wettest of our group. The other family seemed wetter than us. It was a hot day though so whatever water was on us evaporated quickly. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom