Trip Report Spoiler Alert. No Pandora, but Flowers and Gardens and Waves Galore.

Time for my first trip report!!! Exciting! First off going to tag some people in no particular order. :) @21stamps , @figmentfan423 , @Gabe1 , @betty rose , @littleroo, @Tony the Tigger , @donaldtoo, @Mr Ferret 88 , @Tuvalu , @TheMouseFan , @blgauger , @bee , @Cesar R M , @Songbird76 , @StarWarsGirl , @MinnieM123 , @MOXOMUMD , @ajrwdwgirl , @93boomer , @Courtney6682 , @amjt660 , @Doc Disney , @Goofyernmost @everybody:)

If you haven't read the ptr here is a link to it. :)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-hopefully-pandora-thrown-in-f-g-trip-2017.925406/

The planning for this trip May 19-27 started in November last year after I received a precious pin code in my email. I couldn't say no to that. ;)

Eventually I ended up getting a better rate when the AP discounts came out(dh had an AP at the time), so I rebooked for the same resort, The Cabins at Fort Wilderness. :happy:

Who was going: me, dh, and the 4 kiddos(dd15, ds13, dd9, dd6). Who we were leaving at home(3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 cockatiel, and a dear SIL who was housesitting for a price. ;))

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
After Splash, we all took a magic carpet ride. :)
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG

Then we split up. Dh took dd9 and 25 on SM and I took the other 2 on Buzz. This score is that of ds. :jawdrop:He was so proud. :)
IMG_0774.JPG

Since the others were not out by the time we got done, we went on the Peoplemover a.k.a. The Blue Train in my family. ;)
IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG
IMG_0778.JPG
The others were still not out so I got the kids ice cream. :hungry:
IMG_0782.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 27

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
We had an ADR at the GF Cafe for lunch. I like that they serve breakfast at lunch time. The menu seems like it has more choices than most places which is good if you have picky eaters. Who can say no to a Mickey waffle? I can't!:)
IMG_0786.JPG

Kids apparently love ice with a hole in the middle.
IMG_0787.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
IMG_0791.JPG

Some pics of the resort after we were done.
IMG_0792.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
After Splash, we all took a magic carpet ride. :)
View attachment 210481 View attachment 210482
Then we split up. Dh took dd9 and 25 on SM and I took the other 2 on Buzz. This score is that of ds. :jawdrop:He was so proud. :)View attachment 210483
Since the others were not out by the time we got done, we went on the Peoplemover a.k.a. The Blue Train in my family. ;)View attachment 210484 View attachment 210485 View attachment 210486 The others were still not out so I got the kids ice cream. :hungry:View attachment 210488
Love the splash pics

Now let me get this straight

I can choose one ride on space
OR
1 spin on biz plus people mover plus ice cream

SOLD
I pick door number 2!!!!!!!

Max

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
Beautiful photos of MK and GF! We are planning to try the GF Cafe later this year and it looks nicer in your pictures than I remember the last time I walked by it.
It looked better than the last time I remembered also. The food was good as well and the price reasonable as far as Disney is concerned.
Glad I could inspire some pictures :)
Looking for the little things makes you appreciate everything more. I liked that I could stop and notice things, and not just pay attention to how many people were on line.
Love the splash pics

Now let me get this straight

I can choose one ride on space
OR
1 spin on biz plus people mover plus ice cream

SOLD
I pick door number 2!!!!!!!

Max
Yes, glad I chose door number 2 as well!
Bubble wand and a golf cart

BEST. TRIP. EVER!!!
Writing this TR is giving me the same feeling!

TheMouseFan

View attachment 209236
Looking at this picture now and I am surprised that the skies didn't open up. Love the Mickey and Minnie looking down at everyone. :happy:
View attachment 209237
Ahhh. Basin!! I love this place, or should I say my nose loves this place. Love all the smells.
View attachment 209238

Have never eaten at T-REX My kids are not into Dino's View attachment 209239
Who wouldn't pay an upcharge to just wade in this water for 20 minutes. ;)
I haven't read any further yet, but I had to comment on the sky in these pics. I can't believe it didn't Rain! Every time it looked like this for us, it poured. It even rained when it was sunny!:mad:

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
I haven't read any further yet, but I had to comment on the sky in these pics. I can't believe it didn't Rain! Every time it looked like this for us, it poured. It even rained when it was sunny!:mad:
It rained on the drive to WDW on I-4, but stopped before we checked in. Lucky I guess. :)
I love the bubble trail from the golf cart! Great TR so far, I am looking forward to reading the rest of it.
I am looking forward to writing it!;) So much to do, like all the time. I will get back later and add to it.:) Thanks for reading.:):)
My kids were trying to decide if they could jump into the window from Garden Grill, and if there was even a floor that would hold them!
I know! I wonder if the rest of the house has any sort of floor plan and furnishings.;)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
When we got back to our cabin, we saw that stitch had been looking out the window waiting for us. :)
IMG_0802.JPG

All the cabins have this Bambi and Thumper print in the hallway. :)
IMG_0803.JPG

We decided to head for Winter Summerland this afternoon. We wanted to play Winter but there was a huge group we would have had to wait behind so we decided to play Summer.
IMG_0804.JPG

I think the theming of these 2 courses are the best I had ever seen. The teeny Airstreams are so cute!
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG

I have tried to get all the kids to sit nicely for a photo by this fireplace a few times to no avail. Wanted to use it for a Christmas card. Never happened. :(
IMG_0807.JPG

By the way @21stamps and @betty rose , no snakes seen today.;)

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
He headed to The Poly for dinner, Capt Cook's to be exact. :)
IMG_0809.JPG

We took 2 tables outside since it was a lovely evening. :)
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0811.JPG

I ordered the Pan Asian noodles with vegetables. It was a large portion. Easily shareable. It was a little blah so I added soy sauce and that helped it out.
IMG_0814.JPG

The 2 younger girls got a plain order of the noodles and dd6 took some of dh's nachos sans pork. Don't have a full picture of the dish, but he liked them.
IMG_0815.JPG

Then we checked out the gift shop. We did not get this. We did get a small coffee plant. The vase it came in broke when it tumbled out of our hatch when we unloaded the car when we got home. :(It was repotted though and is trying to survive on our deck. ;)
IMG_0816.JPG

Some outdoor Poly pics.
IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0824.JPG
IMG_0825.JPG

After dinner we were headed to MK to catch Happily Ever After. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom