SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Thumper14

Any updates on the remaining walls finally coming down? Are they running the ride at all today? Maybe to let the other 6 dwarves ride it first.

Any eye witnesses?  

Thumper14

Just my luck! I really really really want to catch a soft opening during my upcoming trip.
I keep changing my day to stay in the park from the 29 to 30 now back to 29.
I know the Media Event is May 30-May 2.
I was told the public would not be allowed and some of Fan land could be closed off during the media events.
Just as I get excited about online ADR and FP+ this "wishy-washy open the darn thing already" ride rains on my parade! I think I need to lower my expectations of this ride being ready and focus on the other Disney attractions!:banghead:

Where's a fairy godmother when you need her!  

KatMaria

Really? They've already had riders so it's clearly safe to ride. I wonder why they're delaying it so much. I would think it would be better to open as far before Diagon Alley opens as possible.
Edit: I have no idea in when Diagon Alley is going to be opening. This conclusion was just from looking at pictures and knowing that team members are in training. Other members have deemed it false. Mine Ride will probably open before Diagon Alley.
Diagon Alley is probably going to be in soft openings before mine ride, I already heard they are training their team members and running the ride. From the pictures, it seems that the outside is the only thing needing finishing. With the mine ride, I have no idea, just got this info and decided to post it. My source hasn't been wrong before and is very involved with the mine ride so I just have to trust the info. I also think the mine ride is very touch and go, usually they would have announced a opening date publicly by now. Also it is very different to have paid actors on a ride than normal folks. I think Disney is just dotting everything down to the t before giving the public a go.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I know the Media Event is May 30-May 2.
I was told the public would not be allowed and some of Fan land could be closed off during the media events.

Now that is a twist I had not thought of and yep that sounds plausible. For the media event for Test Track 2.0 they closed off that whole side of Future World.

Mr Bill

Really? They've already had riders so it's clearly safe to ride. I wonder why they're delaying it so much. I would think it would be better to open as far before Diagon Alley opens as possible.
Getting the OK to operate the ride for a filming crew using actors who likely signed waivers isn't as hard as opening it to regular guests. Also doesn't require having nearly as many trained cast members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom