So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14: Greatest Hits (Official Hub Thread)

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't take it as an insult to myself, not at all. The opposite in fact. I'm very worried that we've insulted others by how we've phrased certain things in the past two rounds. Were not shutting the game down, I can assure you of that. I'm sorry I was so hasty to even mention something like that. I do genuinely worry that as the game goes on and the eliminations become more and more high stakes it'll lead to more hurt feelings, but obviously the vast majority of you are really enjoying the game so it's a risk I'm willing to take.

If @Angels and Disney's and @StevenU are truly done, then consider this round a non-elimination for the rest of you. If either of them wants to come back after thinking it through, the door will be open for the rest of the round. :)
What I meant was you should not feel horrible as you were saying before.

Heck the person who was eliminated was the least upset. So as long as MEW and yourself have a defined rubric for eliminations and are consistent with them going forward, I really don't see it being an issue. It's "best imagineer wins" which is the best and most fair elimination comp possible! Nothing more you can do.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
What I meant was you should not feel horrible as you were saying before.

Heck the person who was eliminated was the least upset. So as long as MEW and yourself have a defined rubric for eliminations and are consistent with them going forward, I really don't see it being an issue. It's "best imagineer wins" which is the best and most fair elimination comp possible! Nothing more you can do.

Thanks. To be honest a bit part of the reason I was so upset at first was just because @StevenU was easily one of my favorite new players of the season and I was looking forward to seeing how far he'd get. At any rate, @MANEATINGWREATH and I can assure everyone that were in this to make things as fair as possible and to have as clear of a rubric as possible. I think not having the nomination process muddle things and cause some unwanted paranoia and hurt feelings will actually work very well for this. Space is absolutely right when he says for better or for worse were aiming for this to be a "Best Imagineer Wins" event which means the competition is going to be tough throughout the game and consistently be based on how much you provide to your team's finished project.

If StevenU really is done playing, that creates a bit of an uneven number when it comes to teams with Mist having all seven original players and Younger being down to five people. I'm going to give it a good 24 hours, but if by that time neither StevenU or Angels and Disneys say they want to keep playing we'll probably swap one person from Team Mist over to Team Younger to make an even three teams of six.

MANEATINGWREATH

Well, I can't say I'm pleased to see you go, StevenU. But ultimately, it is your choice. Someone had made a comment in regards to things smoothing out over the course of the first few prompts. Given how this is an elimination-based game, people are bound to be eliminated. That's how this long-running game has always run, and that's how it always will run.

Tiki and I are currently in talks to figure out where to go from here. Please, continue work on Project Three. If StevenU and Angels do in fact decide to separate from the game, we will be moving someone from Team Mist to Team Younger, just to even things out.

I can't wait to see what you all create for this prompt. :)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Don't take it as an insult to yourself, please.

Pi said it very well...and I'll just expand that this competition is quite a commitment and a more frenetic pace than most other outlets on here. Especially having so many new people, and not having a lot of high stakes elimination experience, it's a combination that hopefully will be resolved as the game goes on.

@StevenU -- I wish you the best. As I told Angels, (Pi some free advertising :p) I really would recommend the One Sentence Comp before jumping back into these bigger competitions to get experience. That might help this going forward. It's non-elimination and designing Disney projects.

Thanks for the free advertising lol.

I would love to see both of you stay in this competition, but if it is more stress than you want or not as fun as you thought it would be, I understand.

The One Sentence Comp is much more casual and open to everyone! No eliminations, point based game. We even have a catch-up week going on right now! So, even if you haven't played at all, you can catch up with everyone over the next week

spacemt354

Chili's
A PSA:

Just wanted to say that (myself and Red) have been talking with Tiki and MEW for a night now, trying to think of a solution to help not only this competition move forward, but to re-ignite the rest of the forum as well.

Since the game has begun, it's taken up a lot of free time from other areas of the forum, particularly many of the open brainstorming threads that were created after the end of the Creator Games, but have since been abandoned, not to anyone's fault, but it's good to have a balance of multiple outlets on the forum running smoothly.

With such a large cast (18 at the moment) and 10 rounds to go -- eliminations from here on will be tough decisions, and the less double eliminations needed to endure, the better for everyone involved. Not only that, but the "golden zone" for elimination competitions defined by Tiki years ago is around 14 contestants -- the closer we can get to that number, I truly think the better this competition will be for all.

Having said all of that -- I'll speak for Red too, but we both only joined to support this competition (at the time, we filled the final 2 spots before the game was expanded). We were intending on taking a break from competitions, but joined to support Tiki/MEW. Neither of us are in this to win, we've both won comps in years past, it was purely for fun (hence rides about cereal:p)

Taking everything into account - the game's conundrums at the moment, and the stalling activity in other areas of the forum - we're going to quietly depart so as to help the game move forward hopefully more swiftly and effectively.

By doing this, we can then focus on building up the open brainstorming threads and other areas of the forum, while SYWTBAI can continue on to greener pastures and Tiki/MEW can infuse their plans for change in the coming rounds to make the game run more smoothly now with a smaller cast and less burdens.

Lastly, in order to make the most effective transition, CraniumCommand -- I was the one that defended you to stay in the game, and already you're aggravating us and we are a day into Project 3. I said one more chance, and you've used it, so I've recommended your elimination.

Tiki and MEW will explain how the game will proceed going forward, but I'm confident that this plan will bring about the best of both worlds, for this competition and the forum as a whole!:)
8bd052df938cd996131f8365dff3280e.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
A PSA:

Just wanted to say that (myself and Red) have been talking with Tiki and MEW for a night now, trying to think of a solution to help not only this competition move forward, but to re-ignite the rest of the forum as well.

Since the game has begun, it's taken up a lot of free time from other areas of the forum, particularly many of the open brainstorming threads that were created after the end of the Creator Games, but have since been abandoned, not to anyone's fault, but it's good to have a balance of multiple outlets on the forum running smoothly.

With such a large cast (18 at the moment) and 10 rounds to go -- eliminations from here on will be tough decisions, and the less double eliminations needed to endure, the better for everyone involved. Not only that, but the "golden zone" for elimination competitions defined by Tiki years ago is around 14 contestants -- the closer we can get to that number, I truly think the better this competition will be for all.

Having said all of that -- I'll speak for Red too, but we both only joined to support this competition (at the time, we filled the final 2 spots before the game was expanded). We were intending on taking a break from competitions, but joined to support Tiki/MEW. Neither of us are in this to win, we've both won comps in years past, it was purely for fun (hence rides about cereal:p)

Taking everything into account - the game's conundrums at the moment, and the stalling activity in other areas of the forum - we're going to quietly depart so as to help the game move forward hopefully more swiftly and effectively.

By doing this, we can then focus on building up the open brainstorming threads and other areas of the forum, while SYWTBAI can continue on to greener pastures and Tiki/MEW can infuse their plans for change in the coming rounds to make the game run more smoothly now with a smaller cast and less burdens.

Lastly, in order to make the most effective transition, CraniumCommand -- I was the one that defended you to stay in the game, and already you're aggravating us and we are a day into Project 3. I said one more chance, and you've used it, so I've recommended your elimination.

Tiki and MEW will explain how the game will proceed going forward, but I'm confident that this plan will bring about the best of both worlds, for this competition and the forum as a whole!:)
We'll miss you both! But I totally understand!

spacemt354

Chili's
We'll miss you both! But I totally understand!
Thank you! I've been letting some of the Imagineering Weekends threads slip, along with the Magic Kingdom project, and other ideas for the forum I've had no time to do...and maybe we'll spark back up your Kansas Disneyland thread haha and some of the others -- with the goal of giving the forum several outlets of creativity!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thank you! I've been letting some of the Imagineering Weekends threads slip, along with the Magic Kingdom project, and other ideas for the forum I've had no time to do...and maybe we'll spark back up your Kansas Disneyland thread haha and some of the others -- with the goal of giving the forum several outlets of creativity!
I have actually been doing a lot of behind the scenes work on Kansas Disney! I decided to finalize my ride list first before moving on. All that's slowing me down now is work taking up too much time to make maps lol. But this Friday I'm off and I'm probably gonna make a couple land maps that day so I can start posting regularly!

And I cant wait to see all your brainstorming and Imagineering weekends stuff more again! You two are great at that!

kmbmw777

A PSA:

Aw! I'll miss you Space and Red! We will win in your honor! :)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

I'm also always down to start up that idea we've had for a while of a weekly "Highlights" podcast focusing on individual projects done on these boards outside of the comps. I definitely want to have as much variety on here as possible and was truly worried that SYWTBAI was monopolizing the site. So folks, with Red and Space's departure here is the current landscape of the game.

22nd Place: @NAdoTEg
21st Place: @MCParradox
20th Place: @Angels and Disney's
19th Place: @StevenU
18th Place: @MonorailRed
17th Place: @spacemt354
16th Place: @CraniumCommand89

Team Younger
@Magic Feather
@Pionmycake
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@ThatGuyFromFlorida
@mharrington
Plus the three remaining people from Team Cap: @Brer Oswald, @kmbmw777, and @David2319

Team Mist will remain the same...
@JokersWild
@Basketbuddy101
@Snoopy
@RMichael21
@mickeyfan5534
@DisneyManOne
@TrevorA

We figure a team of eight new players vs. a team of seven All Stars is more than fair. Obviously this round will continue to be a non-elimination so no one else will be leaving. Next round we'll be splitting things up again into three teams of five complete with a BRAND NEW Team Cap to round out the numbers, but for now it's easier to switch as few people around as we can.

As for Cranium...Space vouched for him, said he'd give him one more chance, and he used up that chance yesterday when he went directly attacking people on the team for having things going on in their real life that might intrude on working on the project before throwing in the towel on doing any work. Cranium, I really was pulling for you but for this transition to go smoothly we have to let you go and I'm sure I have the support of the cast when I say that. You're truly one of the biggest "Characters" we've ever seen in the early rounds of the game, but your presence has also made things more tense then they need to be and you've already exhausted a number of different chances we've given you. I'm sure you'll have something to say about this. I'm setting up a private conversation with Space, MEW, and I if you want to discuss this. I'd urge you NOT to post here and to take out any issues you have in private.

With this in mind, we are going to lift the ban on nominations and allow the Project Leader to select the nominee(s) for each round. The players on each team will vote. This will eliminate the bad feedback we have been getting for the elimination process...

However, given this ban on nominations started with Cranium targeting undeserving players, we reserve the right to deny a nomination if it is obviously a ploy to get someone out who doesn't deserve to be taken out. Also, we will continue to retain a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on strategy and alliances. It will result in INSTANT elimination.

And with that we move forward and turn the page on a brand new chapter of SYWTBAI Season 14!

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm also always down to start up that idea we've had for a while of a weekly "Highlights" podcast focusing on individual projects done on these boards outside of the comps. I definitely want to have as much variety on here as possible and was truly worried that SYWTBAI was monopolizing the site. So folks, with Red and Space's departure here is the current landscape of the game.

Team Younger
@Magic Feather
@Pionmycake
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@ThatGuyFromFlorida
@mharrington
Plus the three remaining people from Team Cap: @Brer Oswald, @kmbmw777, and @David2319

@JokersWild
@Basketbuddy101
@Snoopy
@RMichael21
@mickeyfan5534
@DisneyManOne
@TrevorA

We figure a team of eight new players vs. a team of seven All Stars is more than fair. Obviously this round will continue to be a non-elimination so no one else will be leaving. Next round we'll be splitting things up again into three teams of five complete with a BRAND NEW Team Cap to round out the numbers, but for now it's easier to switch as few people around as we can.

As for Cranium...Space vouched for him, said he'd give him one more chance, and he used up that chance yesterday when he went directly attacking people on the team for having things going on in their real life that might intrude on working on the project before throwing in the towel on doing any work. Cranium, I really was pulling for you but for this transition to go smoothly we have to let you go and I'm sure I have the support of the cast when I say that. You're truly one of the biggest "Characters" we've ever seen in the early rounds of the game, but your presence has also made things more tense then they need to be and you've already exhausted a number of different chances we've given you. I'm sure you'll have something to say about this. I'm setting up a private conversation with Space, MEW, and I if you want to discuss this. I'd urge you NOT to post here and to take out any issues you have in private.

With this in mind, we are going to lift the ban on nominations and allow the Project Leader to select the nominee(s) for each round. The players on each team will vote. This will eliminate the bad feedback we have been getting for the elimination process...

However, given this ban on nominations started with Cranium targeting undeserving players, we reserve the right to deny a nomination if it is obviously a ploy to get someone out who doesn't deserve to be taken out. Also, we will continue to retain a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on strategy and alliances. It will result in INSTANT elimination.

And with that we move forward and turn the page on a brand new chapter of SYWTBAI Season 14!
*And also I'll just add David is on a cruise this whole week, so really it remains 7 on 7!

MANEATINGWREATH

This wouldn't be the first time the game has COMPLETELY changed overnight. In fact, Season Eight - my favorite season - underwent a mass exodus, mass recast, and massive overhaul all in the matter of twelve hours. But that's another story...

First, I would like to thank Space and Red for their assistance in such a smooth transition, as well as their general patience and support of our dream to reinvent SYWTBAI. It's been a rough start, but we're getting there. Second, I would like to thank Brer Oswald, David2319, and kmbmw777 for being patient, understanding and cooperative with us. I understand that this is a
HUGE turn of events for you three. However, having looked at the Team Younger thread thus far, I don't foresee any issues or roadblocks along the way. Third, I would like to thank Team Mist and the old Team Younger for being awesome. I didn't want you guys to feel left out of my speech. :p

Cranium, this was not an easy decision. I want you to know that you have proven yourself to us this season. I guarantee that we will never forget about you and your time in this game. The next time a fantasy draft rolls around, I'm almost certain you won't be left out. I would like to extend an apology for the ongoing conflict between the three of us, and I wish you all the absolute best in your future endeavors. Again, please respond to us in the private PM, not on this thread.

Anyhow, we're in for a great rest of the season, folks! We still have several incredible prompts lined up. So keep up the good work, follow your heart, and shoot for the stars! Thank you all for joining us on this wild ride. We appreciate you all more than you will ever know.

StevenU

You're kidding right? You don't like an elimination, so you jump ship? That's far worse than the actual eliminations, frankly. Do what you want, but I implore you to try actually playing the game rather than protest the results....
Excuse me. This reaction sums up why I don't want to be in the game. It's too demanding on me and I don't feel comfortable in it. I want to find something more flexible with my schedule.

StevenU

Don't take it as an insult to yourself, please.

Pi said it very well...and I'll just expand that this competition is quite a commitment and a more frenetic pace than most other outlets on here. Especially having so many new people, and not having a lot of high stakes elimination experience, it's a combination that hopefully will be resolved as the game goes on.

@StevenU -- I wish you the best. As I told Angels, (Pi some free advertising :p) I really would recommend the One Sentence Comp before jumping back into these bigger competitions to get experience. That might help this going forward. It's non-elimination and designing Disney projects.
Ok thanks I'll try that sometime soon.

JokersWild

Excuse me. This reaction sums up why I don't want to be in the game. It's too demanding on me and I don't feel comfortable in it. I want to find something more flexible with my schedule.
Apologies for not agreeing with your reasons for dropping out. I understand where you're coming from, and obviously you've gotta do what's best for you, especially if you feel like the game is demanding too much. It sucks that you don't feel comfortable, and I understand where you're coming from as we've all (judges included) dealt with a bunch of bull through these first few rounds, which, hopefully, is truly over.

I suppose that I'm just disappointed that you A) feel this way, and B) feel so compelled to drop because of the elimination. Nevertheless, good luck in your endevours, and I hope to see you around.

spacemt354

Chili's
This just dawned on me, but I have a Diamond PoMVP award from the Festival of Imagination rounds.

Something like this happened in Season 13 and it was re-assigned iirc. If it is going to be re-assigned, I'd like to give it to Magic Feather for being the runner-up finisher in the Festival projects, and having custom art in all three of those submissions. Seeing as that is where these awards were derived from I felt that was the most fair person to give it to.

Though if my Diamond PoMVP is being taken out of the game entirely then strike everything I just said. :p

CraniumCommand89

Team Younger
@Magic Feather
@Pionmycake
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@ThatGuyFromFlorida
@mharrington

@JokersWild
@Basketbuddy101
@Snoopy
@RMichael21
@mickeyfan5534
@DisneyManOne
@TrevorA

Sorry, but you can't blame things on me publicly and then tell me to not respond. I'm not going to cause a commotion, but the notion that you think I will shows your true feelings about me. Both hosts have been hot and cold with me which doesn't help. I'm sorry I'm not the best team player but I'll leave in peace. Good luck to everyone in the competition.

spacemt354

Chili's
Crap... The forum unwatched the thread and it looks like I missed a lot, lol. :cyclops::p

@MonorailRed and @spacemt354 you two are fantastic and I wish you the best. :)
Thank you! The same to everyone here as well! It's not a good look for the forum in general when there's an air of conflict -- something had to be done, and I'm really glad to see that now with a smaller cast and less judging burdens... that the comp is back on the rails. (Hopefully for good now):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom