So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14: Greatest Hits (Official Hub Thread)

RMichael21

Hey everyone. So unfortunately I've had some unfortunate events occur in the past day or so and I think I'm going to have to drop out of the competition. I have so little time as it is, so this is kind of the icing on the cake. This really came at a bad time, because of the recent drop outs, but just know that me dropping out has nothing to do with all of that stuff, but rather my personal life and my busy schedule. I really have had a blast so far (and last season as well), and I wish Team Mist the best of luck. Again, really sorry to do this. :(

I'll be back at the finale (I'll probably be following along though!) to pass the So You Want To Be An Imagineer Victor's Torch. ;):)

RMichael21

Hey everyone. So unfortunately I've had some unfortunate events occur in the past day or so and I think I'm going to have to drop out of the competition. I have so little time as it is, so this is kind of the icing on the cake. This really came at a bad time, because of the recent drop outs, but just know that me dropping out has nothing to do with all of that stuff, but rather my personal life and my busy schedule. I really have had a blast so far (and last season as well), and I wish Team Mist the best of luck. Again, really sorry to do this. :(

I'll be back at the finale (I'll probably be following along though!) to pass the So You Want To Be An Imagineer Victor's Torch. ;):)
Also, a big round of applause to @TheOriginalTiki and @MANEATINGWREATH for being fantastic hosts. :)

JokersWild

@MANEATINGWREATH and I recorded a podcast earlier today breaking down the relaunch of the season, our final thoughts on project two, and a reassessment of the remaining 15 cast members after two and a half rounds.

Seasons 11 and 13 ;).

And I addressed the portability of the Dynamic Coaster in the presentation. It's irrelevant now, and I don't disagree with you. I just thought I'd mention that.

kmbmw777

I want to formally announce that I think it is finally time that I regretfully drop out of this competition. This was a difficult decision to make, but I feel that it had to be made. My life has suddenly become quite time consuming, difficult, and frustrating. I apologize to my team who I have let down.
I am very sorry to here. I had a blast working with you!

MANEATINGWREATH

I want to formally announce that I think it is finally time that I regretfully drop out of this competition. This was a difficult decision to make, but I feel that it had to be made. My life has suddenly become quite time consuming, difficult, and frustrating. I apologize to my team who I have let down.

Darn! Well, we do hope to have you again one day. :) You were a great addition to the cast, and as always, I wish you all the absolute best. I hope everything works out for you in your personal endeavors.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Same goes to you as well, @RMichael21. ;)

So, seeing as we've gone down to thirteen contestants this week out of the initial 20 remaining... We obviously have a few mechanics and things to tinker around with lol. Stay tuned, folks.

It feels like contestants have been dropping like flies over the last few days lol. Its a shame to see so many talented people leave, but I understand all their reasons and wish em all the best!

(If we keep going at this rate, I'll win by default on Monday haha)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
It feels like contestants have been dropping like flies over the last few days lol. Its a shame to see so many talented people leave, but I understand all their reasons and wish em all the best!

(If we keep going at this rate, I'll win by default on Monday haha)

Yea this was bad timing to happen the same round that we purposefully thinned out the cast to make things run smoother, haha. ;) Were down to 13 so as long as we can keep that number until the next elimination at the end of project four the competition element of the season should be fine. Hell, even if we theoretically have one more person drop out we'll still be fine with two teams of six moving forward. This mostly just screws up the team swap we were going to have at the end of this round since with 13 people it's impossible to get two even-numbered teams. As MEW said, lots of thinking going on behind the scenes trying to remedy the situation.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Thanks! I had a good time! If you guys have anything in July or August, I might be able to have more time to devote.

I believe @RMichael21 is hosting his Amazing Race competition in the summer. Really looking forward to that one! RM is a fantastic host and his two Sole Imagineer seasons are some of the most engaging games I've ever been a part of. Definitely plan on coming out of my semi-retirement post-TSI2 to compete in it :) I'm sure he can give you more info.

RMichael21

I believe @RMichael21 is hosting his Amazing Race competition in the summer. Really looking forward to that one! RM is a fantastic host and his two Sole Imagineer seasons are some of the most engaging games I've ever been a part of. Definitely plan on coming out of my semi-retirement post-TSI2 to compete in it :) I'm sure he can give you more info.
Thanks! I had a good time! If you guys have anything in July or August, I might be able to have more time to devote.
Yup! I've decided to move away from the SA format as well and make it a non-elimination format similar to the House Cup. Should allow for as many people to just have a fun time this summer.

Expect sign-ups to begin the second week of June, with the competition beginning shortly after. :)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Yup! I've decided to move away from the SA format as well and make it a non-elimination format similar to the House Cup. Should allow for as many people to just have a fun time this summer.

Expect sign-ups to begin the second week of June, with the competition beginning shortly after. :)

I'm so curious how this is going to play out and how you're going to design the game mechanics to make it feel like a "Race". I once designed an Amazing Race style game using all kinds of different proboards I had set up which each had different challenges and clues to get to the next site. I never could get anyone to actually play in it, but damn it, I had all the legs planned out and everything! This was WAAAY before So, You Want to be an Imagineer, haha.

RMichael21

I'm so curious how this is going to play out and how you're going to design the game mechanics to make it feel like a "Race". I once designed an Amazing Race style game using all kinds of different proboards I had set up which each had different challenges and clues to get to the next site. I never could get anyone to actually play in it, but damn it, I had all the legs planned out and everything! This was WAAAY before So, You Want to be an Imagineer, haha.
I have some tricks up my sleeve.

;)

(P.S. Now you know why I was voted as 'Most Likely To Use The Winky Emoticon' :p)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Also, may I add there's no strategy, haha. Just good ol' Imagineering.

But, I had to make a whole new, separate bag of tricks from my Sole Imagineer bag. The new tricks'll be less crazy but still fun. ;):D

I mean yea I was expecting that considering there's no real strategy in TAR either besides the road block, haha. I will say I'm a bit skeptical but open minded about not having a nailed down cast but I totally understand why you're doing it like that. Like I said I'm mostly excited to see how the actual mechanics of the "Race" part of the game will work.

RMichael21

I mean yea I was expecting that considering there's no real strategy in TAR either besides the road block, haha. I will say I'm a bit skeptical but open minded about not having a nailed down cast but I totally understand why you're doing it like that. Like I said I'm mostly excited to see how the actual mechanics of the "Race" part of the game will work.
Oh, there'll be a nailed down cast. I definitely won't allow sign-ups past the normal sign-up time. That's something I've generally help firm on even in TSI (except an exception or two, but in hindsight I probably shouldn't have done that).

By saying it's similar to the House Cup, I mean that the teams will be working for points, there'll be a bunch of side challenge for extra points, etc. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom