Trip Report So Much to Celebrate! Some Things Expected, and Some Things Not so Much. And this Time, We Are All In the World!

The countdown is over! The packing is pretty much done, and I'm in full vacation mode. Looking forward to the trip we had planned to take for Madelyn's high school graduation, but almost didn't happen because life always has different ideas. Things are great now, and we are all ready to roll tomorrow.

We have a late morning flight on American from Philly and arrive in Orlando around 1:30. We are using We Drive You Fly for our roundtrip transportation from MCO. We read about them online and they had great reviews. I called and spoke with Ian, and he was great. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

We are staying at POFQ for the first time. We visited the resort several summers ago and thought it was very nice. Looking forward to the stay.

Our only plan tomorrow is relaxing at the resort pool then dinner at Narcoossee at 8:25. If all goes well, we will be able to relax and watch the fireworks from just outside the restaurant before heading back to the resort for the night.

We are staying until July 28 and had contemplated APs, but with the kids college schedules the next few months and some serious home repairs planned, we opted for 8 day hoppers and an After Hours night at Epcot. Also have a few other first time events planned on the trip.

I'm really looking forward to sharing this Live report and catching up with all of you. Also looking forward to the chance for a few meet ups while we are there.

Tiki Traveler

I understand how precious family time is when your children hit college. So sorry your wife got called away.

Thank you for your wonderful trip report. The photos from POR made me feel like I was back there and the restaurants your family ate at gave me some ideas for future family trips too.

Best wishes for good health and great college experiences this fall. You all deserve it!

coachwnh

Original Poster
I understand how precious family time is when your children hit college. So sorry your wife got called away.

Thank you for your wonderful trip report. The photos from POR made me feel like I was back there and the restaurants your family ate at gave me some ideas for future family trips too.

Best wishes for good health and great college experiences this fall. You all deserve it!
Thanks for the well wishes and for taking the time to read

erstwo

I didn't get to follow along live, but I really enjoyed reading your trip report! So happy your wife is well, but so sorry she had to miss so much of the trip. I'm the oldest daughter and oldest cousin - so I've been there with the family things.
Thanks again for sharing!

coachwnh

Original Poster
I didn't get to follow along live, but I really enjoyed reading your trip report! So happy your wife is well, but so sorry she had to miss so much of the trip. I'm the oldest daughter and oldest cousin - so I've been there with the family things.
Thanks again for sharing!
Thanks for reading

amjt660

Premium Member
Great Live Report @coachwnh - was not able to keep up with you but did enjoy getting caught up and all the pics

Great to hear that Crystal is doing well - shame she had to cut her trip short

Your family touring style is very different from ours - we tend to stick together for most of the trip

Your team is more into....

Divide And Conquer GIF by One Chicago

Thanks for bringing us along

Max

coachwnh

Original Poster
Great Live Report @coachwnh - was not able to keep up with you but did enjoy getting caught up and all the pics

Great to hear that Crystal is doing well - shame she had to cut her trip short

Your family touring style is very different from ours - we tend to stick together for most of the trip

Your team is more into....

Divide And Conquer GIF by One Chicago

Thanks for bringing us along

Max
Thanks for checking in Max. Hope all is well

Minnie1986

Up and ready for a day in Epcot. Lunch at Space 220 around noon. This will be our first time eating there.

Brayden and Madelyn haven't been to Epcot to ride Guardians and Remy. Crystal and I made a short stop here last summer when Brayden was visiting FSU. He decided to transfer from Arizona State to FSU after the visit.

In June of 2021, during a routine exam, Crystal's doctor discovered a lump in her throat. After multiple tests and an initial surgery, she was diagnosed with follicular lymphoma. She would then have a second surgery at UPenn hospital to remove the remaining tumor which was growing aggressively. After that surgery, it was found her cancer was now diffuse large B cell lymphoma. She would then undergo multiple rounds of chemo and radiation. She was just weeks away from these treatments when she said if we are in Florida and I have to go through these treatments, then we are doing a quick Disney stop.

Fast forward to today, as of this past spring, she is now cancer free!

Sometimes life can be crazy, but she rocked her treatments and kept active. She missed less than 5 days of working out during her chemo and radiation and never missed any of Maddy's games, even on the day she shaved her head!

So, we are ready to get on with this trip!
Thank goodness she's well! I know what it's like to go through that hell and to make it to the other side. Please give her an extra big hug for me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom