Should we have an Official 'Halloween Horror Nights 25' thread

JT3000

Did anyone go last night? If so, how were the wait times? We'll be there tonight and I'm hoping we can get all 9 houses done if we make the 5 30 AP early access.

Waits were pretty bad for an opening night. Most stayed above 60 for much of the night. Saw a few hundreds at the soundstages and Insidious. TWD, which is in a location that usually has no wait at the beginning of the night, was already at 45 minutes at 6:30. On the bright side, I caught Asylum with only a 10 minute wait following a showing of Carnage. Not sure what that one averages, but you have to know it's there or you might miss it.

mergatroid

Original Poster
SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!
Inside of 'The Purge' & 'Insidious' houses, don't watch if you don't want the surprise spoiling!!!!

CaseyKassidy

Does anyone know what the wait time for Gringotts was during the party? And is the rest of Diagon Alley open?

My 12 year old is a pansy. :-( In order for me to experience any of HHN, I essentially just have to figure out the tamest way back to DA. On the plus side, I have an AP, so the AP discount tickets are the cheapest way to get my HP fix.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Does anyone know what the wait time for Gringotts was during the party? And is the rest of Diagon Alley open?

My 12 year old is a pansy. :-( In order for me to experience any of HHN, I essentially just have to figure out the tamest way back to DA. On the plus side, I have an AP, so the AP discount tickets are the cheapest way to get my HP fix.

Diagon Alley and Gringotts isn't scheduled to be open for HHN25, all rides open can be found here.

I did see on youtube it was open the other night but have a feeling that was only till 6:20pm before the main guests entered at 6:30pm. The guy who took the video had a stay and scream ticket meaning at 5:30pm he could enter some houses and scare zones before everyone else enters an hour later?

CaseyKassidy

Diagon Alley and Gringotts isn't scheduled to be open for HHN25, all rides open can be found here.

I did see on youtube it was open the other night but have a feeling that was only till 6:20pm before the main guests entered at 6:30pm. The guy who took the video had a stay and scream ticket meaning at 5:30pm he could enter some houses and scare zones before everyone else enters an hour later?

They changed this, Gringotts is listed as open during the party. I've got lots of Twitter pictures of people being on way after dark.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Why is that girl pumping a double-barreled shotgun?

I'm assuming you don't 'pump' a double barrel shotgun (being British we don't have access to firearms)? If you don't actually 'pump' them, then I'll go for "because she doesn't know what she's doing" or "she's been given the wrong prop to match the audio in that house" :confused:

Maybe I'll ask her on the 11th when I first visit :).

draybook

We actually made all 9 houses on the 19th with 4 minutes left to spare. The Insidious house and the Monsters of Mayhem house were really awesome. The only two we thought sucked were the Purge and Run houses. Run:Blood, Sweat and Fears was the SciFi channels version of a mainstream movie.

mergatroid

Original Poster
A question for the HHN veterans on here. I understand that the 'Stay and Scream' folk are set free an hour before those of us waiting outside are allowed in. However during this hour, how many houses are actually open for them to visit? I think I've read it's just one but if so is it the same house every night or do they alternate? We're going multiple times and plan on getting there 1 1/2 hours before opening each time to hopefully get a few houses with 5-10 min queues.

JT3000

A question for the HHN veterans on here. I understand that the 'Stay and Scream' folk are set free an hour before those of us waiting outside are allowed in. However during this hour, how many houses are actually open for them to visit? I think I've read it's just one but if so is it the same house every night or do they alternate? We're going multiple times and plan on getting there 1 1/2 hours before opening each time to hopefully get a few houses with 5-10 min queues.

I haven't done S&S in a while, but it's usually two soundstage houses that are initially open for those at Finnegan's (typically where AWIL and FvJ are located), with a third (where BC is located) opening up a little later.

JoeCamel

two

surfsupdon

I went on Sunday the 27th.

I waited in the Diagon Alley holding area, and was able to see all 9 houses....and do 3 repeat houses! Saw the carnage show, and had time to stop off 3x for food and drink. It was not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be-but I hit everything at perfect times.

We also got to ride Gringotts and Rip Ride 1x each, and Mummy 2x. It was a really fun night!

mergatroid

Original Poster
I went on Sunday the 27th.

I waited in the Diagon Alley holding area, and was able to see all 9 houses....and do 3 repeat houses! Saw the carnage show, and had time to stop off 3x for food and drink. It was not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be-but I hit everything at perfect times.

We also got to ride Gringotts and Rip Ride 1x each, and Mummy 2x. It was a really fun night!

Hi, we're there a week on Sunday. Are all the shops open in Diagon Alley?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom