Should we have an Official 'Halloween Horror Nights 25' thread

mergatroid

Original Poster
Keep it all on here and in one place? Ordered our tickets earlier this week and we're looking forward to it already

Jason vs Freddy

Insidious

The Walking Dead

The Purge

An American Werewolf in London

Official site

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/index.html#

This years full run down is

HOUSES

logo_walkingdead.png

THE WALKING DEAD: THE LIVING AND THE DEAD
From the burnt ashes of Terminus, through the flooded community food pantry basement, and into the darkened churchyard, hordes of walkers surround you as you relive gut-wrenching moments of the most recent season.

logo_FvJ.png

FREDDY VS. JASON™
From the cursed Camp Crystal Lake to the nightmarish 1428 Elm Street, awake or asleep, you'll find yourself caught in the middle of this epic battle -- where the winner's reward is YOU.

logo_insidious.png

INSIDIOUS
Enter “The Further” and travel through all three parts of the Insidious saga. Denizens of the afterlife try to find their way back into the world using the living to guide them. The house isn't haunted--we are.

logo_thepurge.png

THE PURGE
This year's Purge is more brutal than ever. From the moment you step inside the house, dozens of vicious vigilantes will descend upon you as they exercise their right to purge.

logo_werewolf.png

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
Step into John Landis' landmark 1981 horror classic. From the attack on the English moors to the bone-crunching transformation, it's one of the most popular houses in Halloween Horror Nights® history.

logo_monstermayhem.png

JACK PRESENTS: 25 YEARS OF MONSTERS AND MAYHEM
Relive the most terrifying moments of the past 25 years as Jack releases our catalogue of creatures in one maze. You'll be attacked by Universal classic monsters, meat-grinding maniacs and the fiends of Horror Nights past.

logo_run.png

RUN: BLOOD, SWEAT, AND FEARS
You’ve just been selected as a contestant on RUN, a brutal TV show where everyday people are stalked by skilled assassins. Just remember: the more horrifying your death, the higher the ratings.

logo_wonderland.png

ASYLUM IN WONDERLAND 3D
Follow the white rabbit through the looking glass and into a murderous 3D Wonderland. Is this world all in Alice's mind or are the images we see real enough to kill us?

logo_bodycollectors.png

BODY COLLECTORS-RECOLLECTIONS
The Body Collectors have returned, descending upon Shadybrook Asylum to collect the human parts they require. Screams echo the hallways as a blizzard rages outside while sharpened blades swirl inside.

SCARE ZONES

PSYCHOSCAREAPY – UNLEASHED
The criminally insane inmates of Shadybrook Asylum have escaped and stumbled upon a Halloween Block party in the streets of New York. They quickly decide they’d kill for some costumes of their own.

ICONS – HHN
The eeriest icons and most cadaverous characters of the last 25 years of Halloween Horror Nights® have returned. The Caretaker, The Storyteller, The Director, The Usher and more are back to relive every monstrous memory.

SCARY TALES – SCREAMPUNK
Classic fairytale characters get a sinister Scary Tale twist immersed in the wicked world of steam punk.

EVIL'S ROOTS
Your darkest fears will take root amidst the perilous paths of Central Park as you face evil fairies, humanoid bats, scarecrows and more horrors.

ALL NITE DIE-IN – DOUBLE FEATURE
The Carey Drive-In movie theatre has been closed for decades after grisly murders during a double feature. It’s lights, camera, carnage as the theater nicknamed “Die-In” by the locals lives up to its name.

SHOWS

logo_billandted.png

BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT HALLOWEEN ADVENTURE
Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in politics, show business and pop culture.

logo_clownface.png

THE CARNAGE RETURNS
Jack the Clown is taking Halloween Horror Nights®back in a blaze of murderous mayhem with his army of feared followers and his companion in carnage, Chance. Remember, Jack always has the last laugh.

Last edited:

danpam1024

How did you already order your tickets? Did you buy a package? We'll be there from 10/14-10/19 HHN 25 on the 15th :D 129 days!!!

mergatroid

Original Poster
How did you already order your tickets? Did you buy a package? We'll be there from 10/14-10/19 HHN 25 on the 15th :D 129 days!!!

We live in the uk. There's an English website that sells Frequent Fear Passes for £65 (English pounds). They send us vouchers which are exchanged for proper tickets on the day at Universal, used them last year and had no problems whatsoever.

https://www.floridatix.com/park-tickets/universal-orlando

71jason

1- with USF closing at 5 for HHN- and Diagon alley likely being closed (if it's same as last year) when is the latest we can eat at the leaky cauldron? Would they allow a 5pm and then us bolt for IOA via train afterwards (or even leave the park)?
2- How are crowds affected in the evening at IOA during HHN at USF? Is it a ghost town for the 2-3 hours it's open simultaneously or more crowded?

Also- unrelated question- if IOA closes at 7pm, when is the latest I could eat at Mythos? Similar to Disney where I can eat at 7 and leave after park is long closed?

1) If Diagon closes at 5:00--big "if," hours changed even after HHN started last year--Cauldron probably closed by 4:00.

2) Still a slower time of year, so shouldn't be bad.

3) Probably 3:00. Mythos closes ridiculously early, especially in slow seasons.

danpam1024

1) If Diagon closes at 5:00--big "if," hours changed even after HHN started last year--Cauldron probably closed by 4:00.

2) Still a slower time of year, so shouldn't be bad.

3) Probably 3:00. Mythos closes ridiculously early, especially in slow seasons.
Confisco closed ridiculously early in off season as well- I think the parks closed at 7 and they stopped serving food at 3!

mergatroid

Original Poster
Ok last year was our very first HHN visit. Somebody told me that the Rocky Horror Tribute Show had returned after a few year break. Does anyone know if we're expecting RHS again this year and if not what type of show usually replaces it?

danpam1024

Has any FL resident spotted the Coca Cola bottles with the codes yet? I've been looking, even went to Burger King just for a Coke- we don't have them yet in Fort myers. I want to buy my tickets- but not without that stupid code!!!

champdisney

Has any FL resident spotted the Coca Cola bottles with the codes yet? I've been looking, even went to Burger King just for a Coke- we don't have them yet in Fort myers. I want to buy my tickets- but not without that stupid code!!!
The Burger King HHN promotion usually begins around late August - early September. I'm afraid you're looking into those discount codes a tad bit early... I don't blame you, I use the BK cups too. ;)

71jason

Ok last year was our very first HHN visit. Somebody told me that the Rocky Horror Tribute Show had returned after a few year break. Does anyone know if we're expecting RHS again this year and if not what type of show usually replaces it?

Current rumors have it not coming back (it has never performed well, was a surprise when it returned last year). There have been various magic shows in that venue in the past, but hearing we might get a Jack show--either on the streets or in Animal Actors--but that's not confirmed.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Current rumors have it not coming back (it has never performed well, was a surprise when it returned last year). There have been various magic shows in that venue in the past, but hearing we might get a Jack show--either on the streets or in Animal Actors--but that's not confirmed.

Thanks for that my friend. We thoroughly enjoyed RHS last year, was kind of hoping it would be back if I'm honest.

On a different note, I found this interesting on the location of the 9th house this year

For years Universal has done everything in their power to provide as many mazes as possible. Typically we receive 8 houses. This year we are getting a 9th! Pause for awesomeness. Alright, so where the heck is it going to go? For the longest time the speculation has pointed to the 9th house being in a new tent in an undisclosed location. New information has surfaced that suggests that the 9th house will take place inside of the Shrek 4D theater. I’m also told that our friends in A&D have wanted to use Shrek for many years but just hadn’t found a way to make it happen. Good news, the attraction has plenty of existing queue area. I welcome the new experience!

http://hhnrumors.com/9th-house-location-confirmed/

Can't see this myself but who knows.

JT3000

This isn't the first time I've heard the Shrek rumor. While I don't fully understand the how or why, I also don't doubt that it may happen.

mergatroid

Original Poster
This isn't the first time I've heard the Shrek rumor. While I don't fully understand the how or why, I also don't doubt that it may happen.

That has me stumped too to be honest. The normal pre show area certainly isn't big enough to do a maze, neither is the exit as far as I'm aware? Also they're not going to remove seats in the theatre to house a maze as it would put Shrek out of business for 12 weeks ( or more including construction time).

The only thing I could imagine them doing is have the Shrek 3D movie playing with maybe scareactors roaming the theatre during the show, though there'd be little to no shock factor to this. I suppose they could have an adult themed intro in the pre show area, but I doubt that would be very entertaining. Finally you couldn't really call what I've described or similar 'a house', more a slightly modified existing attraction?

JT3000

While it's hard to imagine them removing seats for the sake of a temporary attraction, it is worth remembering that Shrek has two theaters. So Shrek could theoretically stay operational the entire time, but capacity would be blown to hell.

I suppose they could also try pulling a USH and basically erect a tent structure (not a Sprung "tent", an actual tent) in the extended queue on the Hollywood Blvd side, but this is generally a terrible idea in Florida. Just ask Busch Gardens. They did this and once lost an entire house to a storm. The other downside to attempting this is that I have no idea where the house's queue would go. Simply having the entrance there would already interrupt any scarezones in the vicinity.

So yeah, putting a house in Shrek would probably be one of the worst ideas they've ever had, but I don't really doubt they've had it.

Last edited:

71jason

While it's hard to imagine them removing seats for the sake of a temporary attraction, it is worth remembering that Shrek has two theaters. So Shrek could theoretically stay operational the entire time, but capacity would be blown to hell.

It's an older, fading attraction, I don't imagine they ever use the second theater September - November.

Theater with the seats removed + preshow area = roughly half the size of a soundstage. Since normally can fit two houses per soundstage (don't always do it, but can be done), this should be approximately the size of any other house. With a ready-to-use queue already built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom