Should All Nighttime Offerings Be Separate Ticketed Events?

Should All Nighttime Offerings Be Extra Ticketed Events?

• Definitely, YES!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Not sure right now, but most likely yes!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • NO. Never!

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Perhaps maybe, but certainly not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I REFUSE to vote in this poll.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Some nighttime shows are a few hours before the park closes on late closing nights. How would this possibly work? "Sorry, m'am. You and your family must vacate the park for the next 20 minutes after which you will be allowed to re-enter and enjoy the rest of your day."

On second thought, I wouldn't put it passed Disney for trying this. :rolleyes:

Especially with Georgie K and his upcharge event mania, I'm still waiting for the paid FP's to make their appearance and at that point some attractions going FP ONLY.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
How about they charge $105 just to "walk into the park" then add on their old ticket books for each attraction, show and parade? Seems like they are leaning this way already with the "hard ticket" events.

Well since the Paul Pressler days WDW has been little more than a mall with a cover charge....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They aren't missing an opportunity. They have reviewed every single scenario with greater detail and precision than you can possibly imagine and have determined their current setup is ideal.

There is always a balance of "special event tickets" and giving people what they want with their park admission. There is some sweet spot between some special tickets and mostly an "all inclusive" experience.

You could stretch this further and say they should charge admission to every ride. They already tried that.

I don't think you can reasonably expect to charge for too many of the experiences without turning people off to the price of park admission.

Disney reviews pricing structures I'm sure daily. You could go anywhere from:
  • Free park entry and everything costs money
to
  • $500 entry and everything is free.

To pay extra for shows, there has to be some value add. Better seating, special food, preferred treatment, etc. I am perfectly willing to pay for a dessert package, dinner package or special viewing package if the benefits are good enough. However, people will expect a lot to be included if a 7 day ticket is $400. This isn't the state fair.

No many state fairs have better entertainment included in the ticket price... As does UNI top line acts at Christmas like Mannheim Steamroller no extra charge to see this.

Chef Mickey

Little known fact: Walt himself insisted they use the Pocahontas live scenes in WDW's version of Fantasmic rather than the Peter Pan medley in California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom