Should All Nighttime Offerings Be Separate Ticketed Events?

Should All Nighttime Offerings Be Extra Ticketed Events?

• Definitely, YES!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Not sure right now, but most likely yes!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • NO. Never!

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Perhaps maybe, but certainly not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I REFUSE to vote in this poll.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
So a ticket without fireworks would cost $105. A ticket WITH fireworks would cost . . . $105. Hmmm, which one would I pick? And doesn't this eliminate the reason for doing this in the first place, profit?
No. That was a separate idea where viewing the fireworks would be optional for the guest either way. That was not the same idea which included having to exit the park early, wait in holding areas, etc.
Basically with this idea, you pay the $105 and have the option of staying for the fireworks, castle lighting, etc. It wouldn't cost you any more or less either way.

So, when someone asked you early in this thread, "Are you trolling? Or are you actually being serious with this question?", and you said "I assure you I am not trolling", you were lying, right? So if you started a thread and got 58 posts out of it, that was all just for your amusement, right?

Lame.
This is a very legitimate question, which was prompted by so many sold-out MNSSHP's this Autumn. Then consider the proposed Disney Villain dinner offered at DHS for steep extra costs, which many would be willing to open their wallets for. I was curious as to how far Disney could take the extra-ticket campaign before people eventually balked.

the-reason14

Do people still crowd to watch old shows like wishes anyway? Who is gonna want to pay extra with the amount of money it costs as it is to get in now, who's gonna want to pay extra to watch an over 10 year old fireworks show? Or even any of the new shows? They already charge people for the dessert parties in areas that were once free for people to watch. That in and of itself should be the only "luxury" allowed. So no, they shouldn't.

CaptainAmerica

This is a very legitimate question, which was prompted by so many sold-out MNSSHP's this Autumn. Then consider the proposed Disney Villain dinner offered at DHS for steep extra costs, which many would be willing to open their wallets for. I was curious as to how far Disney could take the extra-ticket campaign before people eventually balked.
In theory, I don't have as much of a problem about the potential increased cost as I do about the way this whole thing would impact the guest experience. The simple logistics of filtering nighttime spectacular patrons from the other guests would be an absolute nightmare, as anyone who's been in the Magic Kingdom around 6:45 on a party night can attest. It might work with Fantasmic, since everyone is funneling through a central entrance area, but Wishes and IllumiNations (and presumably Rivers of Light) can be seen from general walkways. To be in the park is to experience those shows, meaning the only way to prevent all guests from experiencing the shows would be to herd them out. This would take way too long, especially when you consider stragglers in merchandise locations. Handling guests who don't have EMH access or party tickets is easy because you just prevent them from entering rides and attractions at the entrance to each until they get the hint that the park is closed and it's time to leave. It's much easier to say "you're not allowed to enter Space Mountain" than it is to say "you're not allowed to look up at the sky."

Chef Mickey

They aren't missing an opportunity. They have reviewed every single scenario with greater detail and precision than you can possibly imagine and have determined their current setup is ideal.

There is always a balance of "special event tickets" and giving people what they want with their park admission. There is some sweet spot between some special tickets and mostly an "all inclusive" experience.

You could stretch this further and say they should charge admission to every ride. They already tried that.

I don't think you can reasonably expect to charge for too many of the experiences without turning people off to the price of park admission.

Disney reviews pricing structures I'm sure daily. You could go anywhere from:
  • Free park entry and everything costs money
to
  • $500 entry and everything is free.

To pay extra for shows, there has to be some value add. Better seating, special food, preferred treatment, etc. I am perfectly willing to pay for a dessert package, dinner package or special viewing package if the benefits are good enough. However, people will expect a lot to be included if a 7 day ticket is $400. This isn't the state fair.

the-reason14

Are you nuts? Are you not paying enough already? Ii am quite willing to pay for WDW's declining quality. But I am NOT seeking a way to pay MORE for WDW's declining quality.

Which is what paying to go to WDW is essentially. Paying for an inferior product. I know they're building new things that are years off, but they have taken away a lot of things. Extra magic hours down to two hours, same old parade and fireworks. I don't know, maybe the whole fastpass plus thing has turned me way off, but I can never justify paying for regular price to go to WDW, and will never be an AP again.

rucifee

Which is what paying to go to WDW is essentially. Paying for an inferior product. I know they're building new things that are years off, but they have taken away a lot of things. Extra magic hours down to two hours, same old parade and fireworks. I don't know, maybe the whole fastpass plus thing has turned me way off, but I can never justify paying for regular price to go to WDW, and will never be an AP again.

I wouldn't say never again, if TWDC got their act together and started caring about the parks and consumers of the parks enough to make some tough sacrifices like reducing overall park capacity and stopped treating guests like sardines or like numbers on a balance sheet I'd buy an AP again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom