Should All Nighttime Offerings Be Separate Ticketed Events?

Should All Nighttime Offerings Be Extra Ticketed Events?

• Definitely, YES!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Not sure right now, but most likely yes!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • NO. Never!

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Perhaps maybe, but certainly not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I REFUSE to vote in this poll.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
disney-world-events-july4.jpg

Let's face it. The icing on the cake for any WDW vacation would have to be none other than the majestic & extravagant nighttime spectacles that occur every evening after sunset. Who doesn't get the least bit emotional seeing the skies above Cinderella Castle aglow with Wishes fireworks? Who doesn't feel their inner child cheering Mickey onto victory as he defeats malevolent beings in Fantasmic! ? Who doesn't feel the pride & harmony of a world without worries while watching Illuminations ignite World Showcase lagoon? And now with Rivers Of Light on the verge of debuting upon DAK's waters...soon all 4 parks will have the after-dark hours greeted with projectiles of illuminated goodness for all to behold.

There is no doubt that Disney excels in bringing nighttime to life like no other. But, as the gallant Caped Crusader said in the 2008 blockbuster hit, 'The Dark Knight'.... "If you're good at something, never do it for free."

So my question is this: Is Disney missing a huge opportunity by not making all nighttime entertainment separate after-hours ticketed events? In doing this, not only would it benefit DisneyParks with the additional revenues that would be created, but would also benefit us as patrons for having less crowds, and ultimately less stress to deal with overall. Imagine exiting MK after Wishes without the elbow-to-elbow gridlock of humanity flooding out the gates in aggressive fashion. People would be willing to pay for this luxury, and the benefits to us attending would far outweigh the extra cost. Those who are unwilling to pay the extra costs of nighttime magic would still be able to enjoy the parks as usual until around 6:00pm every evening.

When Walt built WDW back in 1971, one thing he never wished for was heavy crowds. As we've all come to learn, some of the most horrendously crowded conditions are during times of nighttime spectacle. But with a more limited audience paying a little extra to attend (no more than MNSSHP or MVMCP), this would shrink crowd control issues during those times, while broadening shareholders' smiles.

My plea to Disney is this: Make all nighttime offerings at all 4 theme parks separate ticketed events. It will enhance the experience for the guests, it will reduce the crowd control worries of CM's, and it will pay for all equipment & materials needed for said nighttime productions. It's not only a good strategic move for Disney, but it's also a good strategic move for Disney.

What are your thoughts? Would you pay extra for Disney magic after dark?

Last edited:

gsimpson

Using some of the logic in your argument they should return to the "ticket" system for attractions so that the more popular rides aren't so crowded. Poll question: "Should Disney charge $25.00 for each ride on the more popular attractions (I.E. Soarin, Test Track, Midway Mania, Tower of Terror)". Options: "Yes - that would be a great idea" or "Yes - it will probably make some unhappy though".

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
Are you trolling? Or are you actually being serious with this question?
I sorta rushed through the typing of the OP, so while I may have come across as ignorant or trolling, I assure you I am not trolling.

My curiosity is legit on whether or not people would be willing to pay extra $$$ to enjoy nighttime entertainment at the parks. They have become increasingly popular over the years, and combine that with the fact that a record number of MNSSHP's sold out this year, plus the willingness of guests to pay for other extra ticketed events (Epcot after-hours wine party, DHS villain dinner, etc), I was just wondering if this too would be deemed worthy of an extra admission.

(Not that I personally would, as I think it's an utterly ridiculous idea. But just wondering if there is a market out there that would.) That is all.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
disney-world-events-july4.jpg

Let's face it. The icing on the cake for any WDW vacation would have to be none other than the majestic & extravagant nighttime spectacles that occur every evening after sunset. Who doesn't get the least bit emotional seeing the skies above Cinderella Castle aglow with Wishes fireworks? Who doesn't feel their inner child cheering Mickey onto victory as he defeats malevolent beings in Fantasmic! ? Who doesn't feel the pride & harmony of a world without worries while watching Illuminations ignite World Showcase lagoon? And now with Rivers Of Light on the verge of debuting upon DAK's waters...soon all 4 parks will have the after-dark hours greeted with projectiles of illuminated goodness for all to behold.

There is no doubt that Disney excels in bringing nighttime to life like no other. But, as the gallant Caped Crusader said in the 2008 blockbuster hit, 'The Dark Knight'.... "If you're good at something, never do it for free."

So my question is this: Is Disney missing a huge opportunity by not making all nighttime entertainment separate after-hours ticketed events? In doing this, not only would it benefit DisneyParks with the additional revenues that would be created, but would also benefit us as patrons for having less crowds, and ultimately less stress to deal with overall. Imagine exiting MK after Wishes without the elbow-to-elbow gridlock of humanity flooding out the gates in aggressive fashion. People would be willing to pay for this luxury, and the benefits to us attending would far outweigh the extra cost. Those who are unwilling to pay the extra costs of nighttime magic would still be able to enjoy the parks as usual until around 6:00pm every evening.

When Walt built WDW back in 1971, one thing he never wished for was heavy crowds. As we've all come to learn, some of the most horrendously crowded conditions are during times of nighttime spectacle. But with a more limited audience paying a little extra to attend (no more than MNSSHP or MVMCP), this would shrink crowd control issues during those times, while broadening shareholders' smiles.

My plea to Disney is this: Make all nighttime offerings at all 4 theme parks separate ticketed events. It will enhance the experience for the guests, it will reduce the crowd control worries of CM's, and it will pay for all equipment & materials needed for said nighttime productions. It's not only a good strategic move for Disney, but it's also a good strategic move for Disney.

What are your thoughts? Would you pay extra for Disney magic after dark?

Why stop at nighttime shows? Toy Story Midway Mania is a really popular ride, so they should upcharge that also, it would give Disney extra revenue and would benefit patrons with shorter lines. There should also be an admission fee just to get in the door of Be Our Guest. When the Frozen attractions open in Epcot, the Norway/Arendelle pavilion should also be an upcharge.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I sorta rushed through the typing of the OP, so while I may have come across as ignorant or trolling, I assure you I am not trolling.

My curiosity is legit on whether or not people would be willing to pay extra $$$ to enjoy nighttime entertainment at the parks. They have become increasingly popular over the years, and combine that with the fact that a record number of MNSSHP's sold out this year, plus the willingness of guests to pay for other extra ticketed events (Epcot after-hours wine party, DHS villain dinner, etc), I was just wondering if this too would be deemed worthy of an extra admission.

(Not that I personally would, as I think it's an utterly ridiculous idea. But just wondering if there is a market out there that would.) That is all.

Not to legit if you don't give people the option to vote no.

Seabasealpha1

Eh...put the NO option on there...and I'll vote.

(If you've established in the pages of replies that this was a leg puller I retract my commentary here...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom