Shoes?

cbryns

Hi everyone!

I am new to the boards but very not new to Disney World. Over the 18+ times I have been, I still have not been able to pin down an actual COMFORTABLE shoe that is remotely attractive other than a spiffy pair of Nikes (and for us ladies we all know sneakers don't always go too well with our Disney park hopping attire). I know this is random and I am new so I am not sure if this is the right section to post under, but any and all advice is welcome! I've got my next trip in less than a month and I need to get serious!

Xo

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
No worries, when it comes to this sort of topic we're quite friendly!

I'm not sure what sort of footwear you consider stylish, I have a pair of Keds backless slide-on sneakers that I live in at WDW and a pair of crocs huarache flip-flop sandals that also work well for me. Will edit with more info when I search style names. i know @figmentfan423 has a favorite pair of crocs too, maybe she can share info.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
No worries, when it comes to this sort of topic we're quite friendly!

I'm not sure what sort of footwear you consider stylish, I have a pair of Keds backless slide-on sneakers that I live in at WDW and a pair of crocs huarache flip-flop sandals that also work well for me. Will edit with more info when I search style names. i know @figmentfan423 has a favorite pair of crocs too, maybe she can share info.
You know me so well LOL Crocs Capri flip flops are what I live in at WDW I also have one pair of their Vezzy's left (rip that style:() The Capri's are leather so I take a leather conditioner to them and put a few miles on new ones before a trip:)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

When in the parks with a pavement-pounding morning itinerary, I suck it up and wear the best cute-but-also-comfy running shoes I can find (typically Skechers or Nikes), and tailor my wardrobe to match (skewing toward ath-leisure or hiking clothes rather than fashion-forward frou-frou).

Our evenings are more relaxed, so that's when I change into my Tevas, which look as good with a skort or sundress as they do with hiking garb. (They make some adorable Mary Janes, and I love my Teva Tirra sandals, which are strappy and beige, and look less clunky than a typical hiking sandal.) Not only that, but Tevas are great on rainy days or water rides. Unlike some waterproof footwear (I'm looking at you, Crocs and flip-flops!), they don't get dangerously slippery when wet, and because they're adjustable, if your feet swell due to the heat and humidity (or just from all that walking), you can loosen the straps as needed, to avoid blisters.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

People have already said my recommendations-
Sperry's and Toms.
I wore leggings pretty much every day last trip, so I did buy a black pair of Keds slip ons, recommended from a friend.. they were really comfy too.
150c3176c4e0ae32d00ee99715c41508_star-wars-darth-vader-nogif-meme-darth-vader-no_500-202.gif

Not you, @21stamps! I had you pegged squarely as a solid "no leggings ever" kind of person.

Upvote 0

21stamps

150c3176c4e0ae32d00ee99715c41508_star-wars-darth-vader-nogif-meme-darth-vader-no_500-202.gif

Not you, @21stamps! I had you pegged squarely as a solid "no leggings ever" kind of person.

Ha ha ha ha. Nope, I'm definitely a leggings gal.. since about 2005 or so. I used to rock them under a denim skirt.. thankfully, for all of us, that trend ended. But still- leggings for yoga, leggings for shopping, leggings for a bar, and leggings for WDW.. I love 'em.

Sorry. :)

Upvote 0

kimbermouse

I love Fit Flops, they have sandals and shoes, and they are easy on your feet and your back! Loads of styles, I have quite the collection now, I've been wearing the brand for a number of years. It's a British brand, so make sure you know what size you need before you order!

I second the vote for Fit Flops! I have very flat feet and always have issues walking alot anywhere I go, often getting blisters. I have two pair of Fit Flops that I bought at Disney several years ago and wouldn't even consider going to WDW without them!.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I'm a dance teacher and honestly can't bring myself to wear leggings unless working out or teaching.

I just had to think.. in 9.5 days at WDW I wore Denim once, for a couple of hours while monorail hopping...every other moment- leggings. I brought 15 pairs with me.

Don't get me wrong, I love jeans. Just not for the parks...and I may love leggings just a little bit more overall.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom