Shoes?

cbryns

Hi everyone!

I am new to the boards but very not new to Disney World. Over the 18+ times I have been, I still have not been able to pin down an actual COMFORTABLE shoe that is remotely attractive other than a spiffy pair of Nikes (and for us ladies we all know sneakers don't always go too well with our Disney park hopping attire). I know this is random and I am new so I am not sure if this is the right section to post under, but any and all advice is welcome! I've got my next trip in less than a month and I need to get serious!

Xo

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It’s Disney, not a fashion contest. I have the “wear what’s comfortable to you” opinion. Who cares if your Nikes don’t match your outfit? At least you won’t have a blister by 11am. I’m always in Nikes, and if it’s the summer I throw a pair of flip flops in my backpack. I’ve been burned one too many times by a torrential downpour and having my socks and shoes soaked for the rest of the day. My feet are aching, red and tender by the end of it.

Now what I will never understand are the people that wear 6 inch heels around the parks, and then are stumbling and limping to the parking lot by the end of the day. You were aware you would be walking miles, right?

Fashion sense overrode common sense...

Upvote 0

Jo DeVil

I don't like feet!!! so I don't do sandals or flip flops but I love my Crocs, I have the shoes, I love my Lina Flats and Rio Flats, It doesn't matter if they get wet on rides or if it rains and I just wash them to stop them getting sweaty, because we go for at least 2 weeks at a time so they need to be washable.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

I actually have a ton of luck with BB at thrift shops of all places. My wife has a small eBay business where she'll sell secondhand clothes so she's in the thrift stores at least once a week.
There is a oulet store about an hour away but we live in redneck country. Where camo is an offical color ot the DMV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
I don't like feet!!! so I don't do sandals or flip flops but I love my Crocs, I have the shoes, I love my Lina Flats and Rio Flats, It doesn't matter if they get wet on rides or if it rains and I just wash them to stop them getting sweaty, because we go for at least 2 weeks at a time so they need to be washable.

Uh, doesn't that make it rather difficult to walk, not liking feet?

Upvote 0

21stamps

If you'd join me in November for the W&D half, you'd loose those 10 lbs...and more. My Fitbit said I burned more than 18,000 calories running in the three races this past weekend.

Plus, you could wear your leggings and everyone would think "cool running tights". :)

Hey now... I do have "cool running leggings!"lol.. I only wear them for running, I don't do errands or go out in workout clothes.

Upvote 0

alissafalco

Upvote 0

gawrshdanielle

I wore Chaco sandals to WDW and they were perfect. They were waterproof and still cute although they didn't really match any of my outfits but I think when at Disney, your shoes don't need to match as long as they are comfortable. I did buy some Birkenstock sandals for my upcoming trip so hopefully those will work out as well. I'm still bringing the Chaco sandals for backup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wore Chaco sandals to WDW and they were perfect. They were waterproof and still cute although they didn't really match any of my outfits but I think when at Disney, your shoes don't need to match as long as they are comfortable. I did buy some Birkenstock sandals for my upcoming trip so hopefully those will work out as well. I'm still bringing the Chaco sandals for backup.
I love Birkenstock's they are comfy and last forever but they do not make good Disney shoes unless they are well broken in and are your everyday shoes. They don't have padding or do well in the rain.

Upvote 0

gawrshdanielle

I love Birkenstock's they are comfy and last forever but they do not make good Disney shoes unless they are well broken in and are your everyday shoes. They don't have padding or do well in the rain.
I have been breaking them in and I find them very comfortable. I'm bringing them along with my Chacos to have a another pair of shoes to switch into. My Chaco sandals are super comfortable but I did find that I was having the tiniest amount of discomfort after a week of wearing them so I thought having another pair of shoes would help this time around.

Upvote 0

becca_

No matter what you wear just make sure they're thoroughly broken in before you go :p
Personally I wear old navy flip flops or converse, neither have ever given me any issues.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom