Shoes?

cbryns

Hi everyone!

I am new to the boards but very not new to Disney World. Over the 18+ times I have been, I still have not been able to pin down an actual COMFORTABLE shoe that is remotely attractive other than a spiffy pair of Nikes (and for us ladies we all know sneakers don't always go too well with our Disney park hopping attire). I know this is random and I am new so I am not sure if this is the right section to post under, but any and all advice is welcome! I've got my next trip in less than a month and I need to get serious!

Xo

CaptainAmerica

*Looks around. Realizes it's only me and a bunch of women talking about shoes and leggings.*

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

21stamps

They're pretty expensive full price but well worth it if you can find them on clearance or at an outlet. They're lined with sheep skin and have memory foam soles.
My problem with them is the support. The same with Tom's, I love Tom's flats and I wear them often, and I love Sperrys dressier shoes, I just wish they had the same support when you were at an all day outing.

I actually love Sperrys duckling duck shoes. When I don't want to wear rain boots they're perfect

PS Cole Haan with Nike air soles are probably my favorite...and I was always jealous of men because they have such a variety of styles, same with Clark's. Clark's they're hideous for women but they're really nice styles for men

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

My problem with them is the support. The same with Tom's, I love Tom's flats and I wear them often, and I love Sperrys dressier shoes, I just wish they had the same support when you were at an all day outing.
That's my wife. She has at least 20 pairs of Toms but doesn't mess with them when we're in the parks. Reeboks and good thick socks.

I actually love Sperrys duckling duck shoes. When I don't want to wear rain boots they're perfect
Sperry duck shoes are knock-off Bean Boots. Yeah, I said it.

Upvote 0

21stamps

That's my wife. She has at least 20 pairs of Toms but doesn't mess with them when we're in the parks. Reeboks and good thick socks.

Sperry duck shoes are knock-off Bean Boots. Yeah, I said it.
No, I agree with you. They are total knock offs..but mine are black and I like the trimmings, they just look nicer than classic duck shoes, and sometimes more appropriate than a pair of Hunter boots.

I also agree with your wife, I wore Nikes a lot during our last trip. On warm trips I just wear regular sandals though.

Upvote 0
Another vote for Toms! Last trip I ended up only packing various Toms shoes. The classics are comfy, but I'm really loving their Avalon line. They offer more support than the classics, but they're like walking on clouds. I also have Toms flip flops that are are super comfy and still supportive - they're great as well! FYI - Toms is offering free shipping on all orders right now if anyone is in need :)

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

I love my Nike Flex. I wore them on our trip in December for 7 days and didn't have any issues. I also wore my Toms a few evenings if we came back to the room and went back out for dinner. I'm not normally a tennis shoe wearing person, but for Disney I need comfortable shoes.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

*Looks around. Realizes it's only me and a bunch of women talking about shoes and leggings.*

giphy.gif
I enjoy leggings. Just for different reason's.

I poked around the Crocs site and when I read pillow like softness I'm interested. I work retail so I am on my feet and walking all day but still Disney is a diffetent beast. These size 13's start barking after a normal day not in the theme parks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ha ha ha ha. Nope, I'm definitely a leggings gal.. since about 2005 or so. I used to rock them under a denim skirt.. thankfully, for all of us, that trend ended. But still- leggings for yoga, leggings for shopping, leggings for a bar, and leggings for WDW.. I love 'em.

Sorry. :)

You do know leggings are NOT pants.......

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Sketchers Go Walk 3 - they aren't the most fashionable shoe, but they come in some pretty exciting colors - and they have great arch support and a super cushy yoga mat insole.

But if you're looking to keep the blisters at bay, then socks are the important part of your footwear choice.

I had to wear my good flip flops for a few days after this weekend's SW races. I hate wearing flips in the parks, especially with aching, swollen feet (and blisters) after a race, always worried that's when a stroller or EVC will run over my toes. Did have a kid step on the back of one of my Vineyard flips as I was getting on Star Tours - I turned around and gave him such a look. :cautious:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Well, if your leggings are stretched so thin that I can see your lovely Pink undies, no they are not. ;)

Unfortunately, for some, leggings are a baaad choice. :eek:
I know we're veering off of shoes and into bottoms but my wife swears by the Old Navy Pixie Chino shorts. They go on sale for like $10, which I love. I swear by the men's versions as well, unless I find Brooks Brothers on crazy clearance.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Well, if your leggings are stretched so thin that I can see your lovely Pink undies, no they are not. ;)

Unfortunately, for some, leggings are a baaad choice. :eek:
Not all leggings are created equal. There is a vast difference in the quality and look from one to the next. I agree that the thin ones look horrible.
I have leggings that I only wear to work out..I have inexpensive leggings that I wear for errands or around the house..and I have good leggings that can be dressed up or dressed down.

I had put on 10lbs before my last Disney trip.. and I wore more than planned mainly because my jeans didn't fit..lol..maybe I shouldn't have.. but, like I said, I love them! Plus 10lbs or not, I would have been in leggings the majority of time either way.

Upvote 0

disneygeek90

It’s Disney, not a fashion contest. I have the “wear what’s comfortable to you” opinion. Who cares if your Nikes don’t match your outfit? At least you won’t have a blister by 11am. I’m always in Nikes, and if it’s the summer I throw a pair of flip flops in my backpack. I’ve been burned one too many times by a torrential downpour and having my socks and shoes soaked for the rest of the day. My feet are aching, red and tender by the end of it.

Now what I will never understand are the people that wear 6 inch heels around the parks, and then are stumbling and limping to the parking lot by the end of the day. You were aware you would be walking miles, right?

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

I know we're veering off of shoes and into bottoms but my wife swears by the Old Navy Pixie Chino shorts. They go on sale for like $10, which I love. I swear by the men's versions as well, unless I find Brooks Brothers on crazy clearance.
Love Brooks Brothers but crazy high prices. I've lost some weight so maybe it's time I venture in there for a treat.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not all leggings are created equal. There is a vast difference in the quality and look from one to the next. I agree that the thin ones look horrible.
I have leggings that I only wear to work out..I have inexpensive leggings that I wear for errands or around the house..and I have good leggings that can be dressed up or dressed down.

I had put on 10lbs before my last Disney trip.. and I wore more than planned mainly because my jeans didn't fit..lol..maybe I shouldn't have.. but, like I said, I love them! Plus 10lbs or not, I would have been in leggings the majority of time either way.

If you'd join me in November for the W&D half, you'd loose those 10 lbs...and more. My Fitbit said I burned more than 18,000 calories running in the three races this past weekend.

Plus, you could wear your leggings and everyone would think "cool running tights". :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom