Scenes from the Road

Zman-ks

Great pics! So pretty! :)
75.gif

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That is a beautiful pool, I love the roof system.
I love it too and it is coming down tomorrow. I looked at the lows this week. All in the low 30's. Ahhhh. That is going to make me a member of the Birmingham Polar Bear Society. Tons of swimming this week to fix the sore body.

joel_maxwell

Scenes from the Trail! Lake Martin 50 miler. 2 Loops, 3K of vertical elevation on each loop.

Panorama from the Start Finish Aid station
_IMG_1653.jpg

Dark Valley did not dissapoint. It was so dark in there and I loved it.
_IMG_1665.JPG

Some nice streams added some awesome calming sounds. I cant believe some runners used ipods. Boo - Hisss.
_IMG_1668.JPG

Nice landscapes.
_IMG_1675.JPG

We did plenty of climbing.
_IMG_1677.JPG

And got back down to the Lake many times. Water is 3 feet down due to Alabama Power pulling into the dam.
_IMG_1684.JPG

@Kristia this is for you. Ran past beautiful horse pastures and barns. Lucky horses.
_IMG_1689.JPG

joel_maxwell

What an amazingly cool course! Kudos Joel.
I say Kudos for getting descent pictures while running. I never stopped running while taking them. I had to stick with my group. I missed a few really neat shots, but I didnt want to stop.

Nick will tell you more from experience than me, but the rule of thumb is, "Just keep moving". No matter if you are even crawling, run, walk, crawl... just keep moving.

So, that is why I never stopped.

joel_maxwell

Scenes from the Trail. Water was up from all the rain and the trails were just wet enough. Nice cool morning with temps around 47.

Tried to get the background blurred and me in focus... I guess I wasnt running fast enough. Fun with the iphone.
photo 2.JPG

Water was up and the sounds of nature were infectious. Such a great way to spend 90 minutes of my morning.
photo 1.JPG

Small little technical area. Nothing major, but still gotta respect it. A lot of jagged vertical rocks. Trail continues off to the left.
photo 3.JPG

Katherine

View attachment 28766
Sorry I never post in here. I'll start taking more pics. But the above one is from BoB100, my pacer and me at the finish getting some push ups.

I agree with Joel, you definitely run in some awesome races!

So I wish I had my camera more ready during the race I ran today. IT WAS GORGEOUS! It was all along the coast of California in Santa Cruz and it was really beautiful. We passed by/through a farm area and there were beautiful grey horses.

Here's a shot of me with my feet in the nice chilly water about 20 ft from the post-race area. Overall, it was a great race if anyone is looking to run a 5k, 10k, or half in Santa Cruz, CA!

543139_1897936054724_995583047_n.jpg

joel_maxwell

I agree with Joel, you definitely run in some awesome races!

So I wish I had my camera more ready during the race I ran today. IT WAS GORGEOUS! It was all along the coast of California in Santa Cruz and it was really beautiful. We passed by/through a farm area and there were beautiful grey horses.

Here's a shot of me with my feet in the nice chilly water about 20 ft from the post-race area. Overall, it was a great race if anyone is looking to run a 5k, 10k, or half in Santa Cruz, CA!
Very nice. Glad you had fun. It was nice down here in Birmingham all day too.

Mr mom

Only problem, we go from winter, top spring to summer in about 2 weeks. These mild temps wont last and it will be a typical Alabama summer soon enough. :)
Yeah, you guys really get some heat, I can't wait until I hit the high 40's consistently here, then I can give up the gloves and hat, lol

joel_maxwell

Yeah, you guys really get some heat, I can't wait until I hit the high 40's consistently here, then I can give up the gloves and hat, lol
Yep, gotta put on your big boy pants to run down here. Im going tonight for a run and taking Mr Toby. Gotta start slow with him, especially since at 8pm, it will still be in the 70's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom