Scenes from the Road

Phonedave

I might have to start running with my phone so I can take pictures. Problem is I don't like to carry ANYTHING when I run.

I am thinking of starting a roadkill journal. So far this spring the tally is three squirrels, one cat, one hawk, and one rabbit.

-dave

Mr mom

Yep, gotta put on your big boy pants to run down here. Im going tonight for a run and taking Mr Toby. Gotta start slow with him, especially since at 8pm, it will still be in the 70's.

ugh, It will be about two months before I get the 70's. Oh well, florida in May will be nice

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I might have to start running with my phone so I can take pictures. Problem is I don't like to carry ANYTHING when I run.

I am thinking of starting a roadkill journal. So far this spring the tally is three squirrels, one cat, one hawk, and one rabbit.

-dave
No photos please of the road kill. LOL I eat lunch looking at this site you know. :D Just nice scenery.

JillC LI

My cell phone is so old that I couldn't download any photos I took with it anyway - besides which the resolution is non-existent so all photos I take with it stink. My kids have newer and better cell phones than I do!

Kristia

Original Poster
My cell phone is so old that I couldn't download any photos I took with it anyway - besides which the resolution is non-existent so all photos I take with it stink. My kids have newer and better cell phones than I do!
My phone is like that too. I actually carry a small camera on races and also during some of my training runs. I hate carrying it sometimes but I always like to look back at my pics.

Phonedave

Your Santa Cruz race sounds awesome! That water must have felt great on your toes at the end. Sounds like a great place to run and race. So jealous! Just a little far though for me to travel...;)

I ran a half marathon on the Grand Cayman Island. That was one of the best races. Running alongside the beach as the sun comes up. Finishing in the middle of town, and then drinking the finishline beer on Three Mile Beach while I waded into the ocean in my running clothes.

-dave

Phonedave

I work in the telecomm industry (hence the screen name). Up untill about three years ago, the only cell phone I had was my company issued old school flip phone. People would ask way I didn't have a spiffy new one, especially since I got discounts. I just never needed it. Technicaly I still don't need it, but it does come in handy quite often.

-dave

JillC LI

I work in the telecomm industry (hence the screen name). Up untill about three years ago, the only cell phone I had was my company issued old school flip phone. People would ask way I didn't have a spiffy new one, especially since I got discounts. I just never needed it. Technicaly I still don't need it, but it does come in handy quite often.

-dave

That's funny. I work for as an attorney for a major camera company, and my camera is the old one they gave us as a free holiday gift about 10 years ago. LOL. As for my phone, I'm actually contemplating upgrading to one that at least has a keyboard so I don't have to press each key 2 or 3 times to text with my kids and sister! LOL. I have no real need for a smartphone.

joel_maxwell

One thing every runner needs to experience at least once in their life is Alabama red clay/dirt. It will stain your shoes forever. When i got home from the Lake Martin Ultra, a friend thought I had dried blood all over my legs. So funny. It isnt blood red at all, a bright orange red.

Mr mom

One thing every runner needs to experience at least once in their life is Alabama red clay/dirt. It will stain your shoes forever. When i got home from the Lake Martin Ultra, a friend thought I had dried blood all over my legs. So funny. It isnt blood red at all, a bright orange red.

Mixed with sweat and dry it might pass, perhaps

joel_maxwell

Good looking stuff.

photo.JPG

Mr mom

Its the panorama option on the iphone. The road is straight in real life.
Problem is, it turns to packed red clay and nothing grows well and the water pan is about an inch below.

You mix in a healthy amount of sand and it will hold the water evenly and stay loose, works really well. peat moss helps too.

Phonedave

Keeping the streak alive, it took until mile 5 or so, and then I saw it - the headless fawn. Dead animals on every run.

There was also a skunks tail later in the run - who knows where the rest of the skunk was.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom