Scenes from the Road

Texas84

Here is where I run when I visit my hometown, Harlingen, Texas. Nice quiet trail along the Arroyo Colorado. 4 mile out and back.
HRLtrail_zps4601bd8e.jpg

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I forgot to post my favorite picture I've taken on my route. This was taken about 1/2 block from my house, just as it was about to get dark. I love this picture, because my grandmother had died the day before, and I went out on a grief-filled run. Seeing this sunset toward the end really re-centered my emotions and allowed me to get through the difficult next few days. Now when I pass this spot in my run, I always think of her.

169381_458652387487713_471997316_o.jpg

a2grafix

Here's the other side of the long Riverside trail in Downtown Memphis along the Mississippi River that I usually run. This is on the other side in Mud Island (more like a peninsula). Run from here down to the I-40 bridge (the bridge straight ahead in the trees), circle back, go over a railroad bridge that is near the Pyramid (slightly to the left between the two trees, if you follow the truck). One way, with the quick down and back .50 by the bridge is easily 3.35 miles. I take a different industrial-residential area that is easily 3.25 miles to get to this spot. Nearly 7 miles loop from my apartment.

2013-01-06_13-03-46_636.jpg

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Here are some images from my normal loop that takes me about 10 miles.
I erased the pictures in my reply so it would take up the whole page, but love this route. Very nice scenery Brad. I bet the winds off that lake are killer in the winter time.

joel_maxwell

Here's the other side of the long Riverside trail in Downtown Memphis along the Mississippi River that I usually run. This is on the other side in Mud Island (more like a peninsula). Run from here down to the I-40 bridge (the bridge straight ahead in the trees), circle back, go over a railroad bridge that is near the Pyramid (slightly to the left between the two trees, if you follow the truck). One way, with the quick down and back .50 by the bridge is easily 3.35 miles. I take a different industrial-residential area that is easily 3.25 miles to get to this spot. Nearly 7 miles loop from my apartment.

2013-01-06_13-03-46_636.jpg
Nice run right along the river. I bet those winds are bad there too in the winter. I give Brad's the edge though.... I bet his are brutal.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I erased the pictures in my reply so it would take up the whole page, but love this route. Very nice scenery Brad. I bet the winds off that lake are killer in the winter time.

Yeah, they pretty much are....any time it snows it drifts the entire 30 feet of our driveway shut over and over until the snow freezes down a bit. You can almost see a line where the wind block that the house provides stops....the last snow storm we had 18 inches of snow, but the drift in that area was almost 3 feet high.

joel_maxwell

Yeah, they pretty much are....any time it snows it drifts the entire 30 feet of our driveway shut over and over until the snow freezes down a bit. You can almost see a line where the wind block that the house provides stops....the last snow storm we had 18 inches of snow, but the drift in that area was almost 3 feet high.
We had a 3 foot snow drift in some places in 1992, crippled the city. Couldnt drive for 3 days and took weeks to get some power lines restored. We cant function in snow.

joel_maxwell

Ok, I know this isnt a "road"... and this is a running forum, but Im spending way too much time 2 days a week in this bubble not to show it. It is awesome to go through the revolving door into a warm bubble with some cool water. Technically, since this swimming actually crosses into running in the same event, I grant permission to post it. :D

Leaving the gym this morning after a brick workout.
photo.JPG

JillC LI

I'm so envious of these gorgeous routes. I rarely get to run on a scenic path. It's just around the neighborhood for me. The prettiest thing I see are Christmas lights.

Mr mom

I'm so envious of these gorgeous routes. I rarely get to run on a scenic path. It's just around the neighborhood for me. The prettiest thing I see are Christmas lights.

same here, unless you like dirty streets, traffic lights and this time of year.. snow

Phonedave

Where I used to live I had a great path about a 1/4 mile from my house. A walk there to warm up, and then a great senic path to run.

Now, it's got to be the county road in front of my house. EVERYONE runs on this road. There must be upwards of 20 runners that pass my house on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Where I used to live I had a great path about a 1/4 mile from my house. A walk there to warm up, and then a great senic path to run.

Now, it's got to be the county road in front of my house. EVERYONE runs on this road. There must be upwards of 20 runners that pass my house on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

-dave
Same with a road I run on 200 yards from my house. In the spring and summer, it is flooded with cyclist too. We just moved there in May, and I already know a lot of faces of the Saturday runners and some cyclists. Everyone for the most part is just very happy and always speaks or at least waves. :D

Mr mom

Same with a road I run on 200 yards from my house. In the spring and summer, it is flooded with cyclist too. We just moved there in May, and I already know a lot of faces of the Saturday runners and some cyclists. Everyone for the most part is just very happy and always speaks or at least waves. :D

I think it is safe to say we all have regulars we wave or nod to every day on our route, there are about 4 or 5 I see every day and a few others I might see if I do a weekend run or at a different time from my norm. The part I really like is that there are several over 70 or so that still walk a decent pace and do a few miles every day, nice folks too.

joel_maxwell

I think it is safe to say we all have regulars we wave or nod to every day on our route, there are about 4 or 5 I see every day and a few others I might see if I do a weekend run or at a different time from my norm. The part I really like is that there are several over 70 or so that still walk a decent pace and do a few miles every day, nice folks too.
There is guy that puts in a lot of distance. He will run 50 miles any given Saturday and we arent talking road, trails. I passed him the other day on the road Im referring too and I noticed he was wearing Hoka's (my brand of shoe; Thanks Nick). I turned around and drove back and rolled my window down and introduced myself. Told him I noticed the Hoka's and thought Id say hello since I have seen him running for months now.

Come to find out, we live very close to each other and his route and my routes pass each others house. Kind of funny. Anyway, he was a nice guy.

Phonedave

I never used to. Most of the time I would run after work, somtimes in the dark, and usualy on park trails. There where times when I think I was the only person in the entire park complex. I now recognize a bunch of people just because they run past my house all the time.

-dave

joel_maxwell

So much rain this month. I havent run in sunshine in weeks. Granted, I start at 5:30ish, but the tail end of my morning runs have looked like this. Nice exposed rocks and this picture doesnt do it justice. Very pretty.

photo.JPG

Katherine

I love this! To prep for the Goofy I took my camera with me to practice running with it and here's where I run. I in Burlingame, CA and run along the bay and see everything from wooded areas to marinas. It's pretty fun.
487303_1833511844159_709697566_n.jpg

Coming in for a landing...
397506_1833511804158_399558604_n.jpg

305061_1833511964162_1034909317_n.jpg

601198_1833512204168_1552443518_n.jpg

19112_1833512324171_1283260268_n.jpg

398118_1833512444174_321157495_n.jpg

76945_1833512524176_420794953_n.jpg

Good evening, San Francisco...
734958_1833512804183_723742123_n.jpg

I think that's about it. I mostly run on bike trails and sidewalks that follow the water's edge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom