RunDisney shoes

dreamfinder

Interesting. They show a potential set of designs when they were "working" with the designer, but then blurred out everything from the focus group? portion. Wonder if that was stuff that bombed, or what they showed with the designer was scrapped...

Can't wait for the first person to frame their race insert along with their medal and bib after the race

AUPr8Hd

The designs on the screen from the designer appeared to be generic New Balance shoes. I'm sure the blurred portions are possible leaks of the new designs and they didn't want to see them out.

LindsayLoves

Apparently the bloggers who were brought down for Wine and Dine by New Balance got a sneak peak of the new shoes but they can't say what they look like :(

Also I really need to get into blogging for free trips to races.

Ariel484

Apparently the bloggers who were brought down for Wine and Dine by New Balance got a sneak peak of the new shoes but they can't say what they look like :(

Also I really need to get into blogging for free trips to races.
I KNOW. :rolleyes: It's super annoying to see the same bloggers getting these perks over and over again (i.e. getting into the runDisney meet-ups, getting free race registration and rooms at deluxe resorts, etc.).

I think they should have "normal people" apply to be race bloggers for upcoming events...so they'd pick, say, 10 people (from different parts of the country with different backgrounds) who would document their training and trip preparations for a certain race weekend, then they'd get free registration and hotel, and report back once the race was over. That would be much more interesting to me rather than seeing the same running/"healthy living" bloggers over and over.

ANYWAY...on the topic of shoes, they must have brought the rest of their stock to the W&D expo since this was the last chance to get them. I waltzed up to the NB area at about 1PM on Friday and got a pair easily. The NB guy seemed surprised that I was so surprised that they were available.

AUPr8Hd

I'm not positive they saw the actual shoes. I know they were shown the new boxes, inserts, etc.

I do agree it gets tiring see the same names on the meet-up list over and over.

LindsayLoves

The latest from the Disney Parks Blog
Sorcerer Mickey for the men & Pink Minnie for the ladies, plus kid sizes... the pink are VERY pink.

LindsayLoves

And next week we will be shown the sole of the shoe. And the week after that the laces. Oy. The colors though, eeek.

...Its like the shoes are part of the witness protection program. I am sure those pink shoes will sell like crazy at Tinkerbell and Princess weekends but at this blurry point they are not striking me as something I need to shell out another $100 for as they would be only used for casual, non-running use.

ChristaH

I would have considered the old shoes for casual, walking around, but I have no need for pink Minnie Mouse shoes at this stage in my life!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I KNOW. :rolleyes: It's super annoying to see the same bloggers getting these perks over and over again (i.e. getting into the runDisney meet-ups, getting free race registration and rooms at deluxe resorts, etc.).

I think they should have "normal people" apply to be race bloggers for upcoming events...so they'd pick, say, 10 people (from different parts of the country with different backgrounds) who would document their training and trip preparations for a certain race weekend, then they'd get free registration and hotel, and report back once the race was over. That would be much more interesting to me rather than seeing the same running/"healthy living" bloggers over and over.

ANYWAY...on the topic of shoes, they must have brought the rest of their stock to the W&D expo since this was the last chance to get them. I waltzed up to the NB area at about 1PM on Friday and got a pair easily. The NB guy seemed surprised that I was so surprised that they were available.
I've noticed this happening a lot. I was wondering if others would notice the same thing. I don't quite see the purpose in inviting the same people, to the same event each time, and paying their airfare, room at the GF, the race costs, and all the extras. In most cases those they bring in have very limited influence.

Ariel484

I've noticed this happening a lot. I was wondering if others would notice the same thing. I don't quite see the purpose in inviting the same people, to the same event each time, and paying their airfare, room at the GF, the race costs, and all the extras. In most cases those they bring in have very limited influence.
I noticed it mostly because I used to read some of the blogs that got invited over and over. I've since stopped reading those blogs for a variety of reasons, but being bothered by the perks they kept getting from runDisney was definitely a contributing factor for me.

Belle2013

I noticed it mostly because I used to read some of the blogs that got invited over and over. I've since stopped reading those blogs for a variety of reasons, but being bothered by the perks they kept getting from runDisney was definitely a contributing factor for me.

I wish they would invite those who actually participate in the RunDisney races or have a sign up on the blog like they do for the Galloway meet ups.

Katherine

Do you think they will still sell the old models? I didn't get a pair and might be more inclined to by the "old" minnie v the new minnie model.

Sumrdog

I wish they had a shoe with more subdued colors, like earth tones maybe. Or some light blues and greens. The red and yellow just doesn't work for me...I know they are designed after Minnie Mouse but for some reason all I see is Ronald McDonald...

Ariel484

More new for 2014...they are also adding a version of the New Balance 890 shoe (neutral cushioning, faster, lighter).

The men's version will be Goofy-themed, while the women's version will be Cinderella-themed.

Article/video here.

Cindy is kind of a random choice, I think I would have expected them to do with Donald for men's and Daisy for women's. Hmmmm.....

Katherine

More new for 2014...they are also adding a version of the New Balance 890 shoe (neutral cushioning, faster, lighter).

The men's version will be Goofy-themed, while the women's version will be Cinderella-themed.

Article/video here.

Cindy is kind of a random choice, I think I would have expected them to do with Donald for men's and Daisy for women's. Hmmmm.....
True, they are probably thinking the Cindy shoes will sell well at the Princess.

Does anyone here know what the biggest difference between the men's and women's models are? I would LOVE a pair of Goofy sneaker and I would wear them just for parks and other walking things (not races) but wanted to know if there was a huge difference. I might go to a store and try them out before getting the mayhem that is the expo.

Also, what sizes are normally stocked for men's and women's? I think I saw this posted somewhere so sorry if this is a repeat.

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom