RunDisney shoes

dreamfinder

I've been holding off on opening my last pair of 890v2 (think I've gone through 6) but I may just need to get a pair of the 890v4 just because.

Disneymom201

Does anyone know the approximate cost for the woman's? I'm sure they are impossible to get!!!! I was thinking of contacting my cousin who works for WDW, are they only available @ the expo?
I run in Mizuno Wave Prophecy....Never have used New Balance. Any input from those who do use NB?

Voxel

President of Progress City
Does anyone know the approximate cost for the woman's? I'm sure they are impossible to get!!!! I was thinking of contacting my cousin who works for WDW, are they only available @ the expo?
I run in Mizuno Wave Prophecy....Never have used New Balance. Any input from those who do use NB?
They start at 78 and go up to 126 according to the Website. They are only available at the Events (though I wish I could buy one online) I love the Goofy Pair.

dreamfinder

The cost for any given model should be street price, plus like $5-10. New Balance has the 890V4 listed at $110, with their limited edition NYC pair at $120. The adult 860 lists for $114, but the kids 860 lists for $66, and runDisney said the cheapest will be $72. So I'd wager the 860 will be right about the $125 max, with the 890 at the same $120, and the kids at $72.

Reading the blog entry about the shoes will be key. No more lining up at the kiosk, but instead you need to make an appointment time, and then return at that time. Limit of 4 liners, 4 adult shoes, and 2 kids shoes per person.

dreamfinder

As a heads up, runDisney is changing the registration method for Princess weekend if you are still trying to get shoes. Check your email for more info.

imagination30

I just want the chance to buy a pair. We are always showing up after they are sold out ... womp womp.
I just read that run Disney has changed there policy on buying the shoe , to Runners only!!! , see why now it had to come to this .. after Marathon weekend , I guess they learned from tink and Marathon weekends!

dreamfinder

I just read that run Disney has changed there policy on buying the shoe , to Runners only!!! , see why now it had to come to this .. after Marathon weekend , I guess they learned from tink and Marathon weekends!

Not completely. Registered adult runners can take part in the online registration, but they are saying that "registered runners and all other guests" are able to try to register onsite. It does give runners and edge though, but there is nothing stopping a runner from buying 4 pairs to try to resell. It's no different than the runners that get home and immediately list their medal, race shirt, and whatever else they could pickup on eBay to offset the registration costs.

Maryssa*

According to the dreaded facebook page, people doing only the 5k were not able to register an online spot beforehand. I can see both sides to that I guess. They probably want "serious" runners to have first shot but I guess why draw the line where "serious" is? I think the register system is a nice improvement either way.

Belle2013

There are quite a few "serious runners" who will only do 5ks. So I find that silly of RunDisney to exclude those who run the 5k. Also, if you walk leisurely the half marathon are you more serious than the one who can do a 5k in 25 mins?

I see they are trying to prevent those who go in and buy all of them up just to sell them on eBay. By all means I applaud them to keep those kinds of people away, I don't think it should matter if you registered for the 5k or the half.

LindsayLoves

If NB would just sell the shoes online there would be no demand for the shoes on the secondary market.

That isn't entirely true. Disney sell their Dooney and Burke bags/accessories on their website and the popular patterns always end up in the secondary market. They would need to mass produce the shoes which would take away some of the exclusivity that buying them gives people. Disney release these limited edition items in order to keep interest up, same goes with the Vinylmation, if they had all sets available at all times people would lose the thrill of the chase to get that one item that they need for their collection.

Maryssa*

There are quite a few "serious runners" who will only do 5ks. So I find that silly of RunDisney to exclude those who run the 5k. Also, if you walk leisurely the half marathon are you more serious than the one who can do a 5k in 25 mins?

I see they are trying to prevent those who go in and buy all of them up just to sell them on eBay. By all means I applaud them to keep those kinds of people away, I don't think it should matter if you registered for the 5k or the half.
Absolutely. It comes off a little insulting to those doing the 5k even though I think they had different intentions.

I saw a whole bunch of people running the half in sparkling new Goofys/Cinderellas on Sunday x_x ouch people!!

Texas84

Minor bump: I just switched from the 880 to the 890. I'm impressed. Lighter and more flexible. But haven't done a long run on them yet.

OG Runner

I presented an idea to Disney of offering the shoes to runners when they sign-up for the races. Since sign-ups are months prior to the actual events, NB would know how many shoes to produce and at the same time everyone that wants a pair could get them, without going to ebay for a $400.00 pair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom