Road Trip: Competition Thread

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Challenge 5: Triotech Adventures.
IDR_Zombie2.jpg

Recently, Cedar Fair (owners of multiple regional parks across the nation, like Cedar Point and Kings Island) have begun to install Triotech dark rides across the nation, proving high-quality dark ride adventures can be brought to even seasonal parks. Cedar Fair CEO Matt Ouimet has promised Triotech Dark rides will appear in every Cedar Fair park.

If you don't know the basic experience of a Triotech dark ride, have a look at these videos:

(minus roller coaster segments)

Your objective is to design a Triotech dark ride for a Cedar Fair park.. To make things a little more interesting, random Cedar Fair parks have been chosen for each remaining competitor:

@RMichael21- Carowinds
@TheOriginalTiki- Kings Island
@spacemt354- Cedar Point
@orlando678- California's Great America
@Flippin'Flounder- Worlds of Fun
@tcool123- Kings Dominion

In addition, there are a few guidelines that you must follow:
- Your ride may NOT be based on any IP.
-You must develop an original theme and backstory for your attraction.
- You may NOT include any roller coaster segments like Wonder Mounain Guardian.

This project is due on Sunday, April 10th at 9:00 PM. You will work on this project completely individually. You must have at least 10 sentences and no more than 15 images.

The bottom two competitors in this challenge will be eliminated. And then from there, we hit the home stretch! :D

Ready, Set, GO!

cedar_fair_logo_detail.jpg

tcool123

Hope this helped. :D
Yup, but I have more questions now! :p:D

Are we aloud to add a gift shop at the end of the ride?
Are we aloud to rename a land?
Are we aloud to create a website?
Are we aloud to describe an opening day ceremonial show?
Are we aloud to use characters in the public domain? Like say if I wanted to create my own version of such and such character, that is famous has been adapted many times, but is in public domain?

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Yup, but I have more questions now! :p:D

Are we aloud to add a gift shop at the end of the ride?
Are we aloud to rename a land?
Are we aloud to create a website?
Are we aloud to describe an opening day ceremonial show?
Are we aloud to use characters in the public domain? Like say if I wanted to create my own version of such and such character, that is famous has been adapted many times, but is in public domain?

So many questions! :p

- Yes
- No
- Yes
- Yes, but make sure the attraction description is the main focus.
- Can you give an example of what you're planning to do so I can give a valid awnser? If you don't want to reveal it on this thread, you can PM me.

Jack Pumpkinhead

Challenge 5: Triotech Adventures.

Coming soon to King's Dominion is a ride like no other. It will make you happy, scared, scream, excited, and so much more! What exactly is this ride? Well it seems that you'll just have to find out by your self!

Carnacki & The Battle of Steam Manor

I hope you enjoyed it. Good luck everyone! :D
My guess since it's a battle attraction one of three things
-3-D shooter ride like Toy Story Midway Mania and the upcoming Ninjago ride
-3-D dark ride like Transformers The Ride and The Amazing Adventures Of Spider-Man
-KUKA ride similar to Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey

tcool123

My guess since it's a battle attraction one of three things
-3-D shooter ride like Toy Story Midway Mania and the upcoming Ninjago ride
-3-D dark ride like Transformers The Ride and The Amazing Adventures Of Spider-Man
-KUKA ride similar to Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey
It's option #1, but specifically like Voyage to the Iron Reef over at Knott's.

Admittedly this isn't my favorite shooter attraction I have created I prefer my Hero's Duty shooter/hanging omnimover concept I created a while back. I'm not sure if I ever got around to posting it :confused:

spacemt354

Chili's
The Lighthouse

Backstory
Cedar Point Amusement Park opened its doors to the public in 1870, and a park with that much rich history also has some dark tales as well. Arthur Blackwood, resident of Sandusky, Ohio and scientist on Lake Erie in the last 19th century, owned a lighthouse on the pier of Lighthouse Point, the now residential area at the northern most region of the amusement park. The lighthouse was built by settlers in the earlier part of the 19th century and as the stories go, there was a terrible experiment gone wrong in the lighthouse. Mr. Blackwood was attempting to create life, in ways unknown and unheard of to scientists of the age, however, legend has it that he was successful. Nevertheless, while his experiments might have worked on small inanimate objects, eerie things began to happen in the house, as bookcases would move on their own, doors would slam shut, and Mr. Blackwood's children even saw their mirror come to life!

The Blackwood family abandoned the lighthouse and it has been left alone rotting in the sun and waves for over a century, until now. Upon approaching The Lighthouse, riders will board Triotech vehicles and travel through the haunted lighthouse with 3D glasses, using freeze guns for protection from any haunted or animated figures throughout the house.

lighthouse_camperaerial21.jpg

A new expansion to Cedar Point, expanding from Frontier Town station to the right of this image, there will be a small bridge that goes over the roadway and towards the coastline of Lake Eerie - where you will be prepared for an...eerie encounter! (Sorry I couldn't resist)

You will approach the abandoned lighthouse where you will see overgrown and dead looking grass all around you with rotting tress and rocks along the coast before you enter the ominous looking lighthouse for the indoor queue.

Queue
lighthouseinterior.jpg

As you enter the lighthouse you see a 19th century thematic look to the place. You can even catch a glimpse of the basement where Mr. Blacksmith performed his experiments, which is where your journey begins, you go down a set of spiral staircases to the laboratory where you approach your ride vehicles and pick up your 3D glasses for the adventure in this haunted interactive lighthouse.

Ride-Through

IDR_Zombie.jpg

Your triotech dark ride vehicles take off and head into the foyer for your first scene. As your vehicles spin around towards the 3D screens, you see a swaying chandelier come to life and fly towards you before you blast it. Tables and plates on display also come to life as well as flower pots and books as you try hard to beat your friends and family on the score board by freezing the inanimate objects that have come to life with your freeze gun.

You then enter the kitchen of the lighthouse were flying plates, dishes, and silverware come soaring out of the screen as you try to get as many as possible before the entire dinner table comes flying out for the climax of the scene as you move forward in the house.

Your vehicles twist to the right for the next encounter with a screen where you are in the living room with a piano and other amenities. The piano starts playing an ominous haunted house type song as the keys comes flying off the piano and right at the screen! Couch pillows and other instruments from the closet of the living room soar at you as you all try to rack up your points.

The next scene you enter is in the hallway and this leads for the most immersive scene as something new happens for the triotech ride on this adventure...there will be 3 screens you can shoot at 180 around your vehicles as you lurch forward to get the maximum number of points available. You can turn left for a child's bedroom, where stuff animals and other 19th century toys come flying out of the door that opens by itself, or you can turn to the right for the bathroom where all sorts of amentities come flying out of the screen, or you can shoot directly ahead at the master bedroom and balcony where even more inanimate objects come to life and fly at the screen!

The last scene takes place as you venture back to the lighthouse, and it's the sun room, in it you can see outdoors looking out over the lake, but the windows are tinted in a way where it always looks dark and gloomy outside. You get your last round of points as plants and other objects come flying at the screen before the ride ends.

Conclusion
While amusement parks might not have the same budget as a Disney or Universal when it comes to dark rides, the triotech dark ride allows for 3D technology to immerse the guests as much as possible in the adventure. Hopefully this new attraction is a way to tie into the historical aspects of Cedar Point, being the second longest operating amusement park in America, it's coastal location, but also provide a family friendly attraction for all to enjoy with a "haunted" twist.

Thank you very much for reading!

cp_wave_out_4c-a.png

tcool123

Ha thanks!:D

I swear I had that first image draw on Tuesday and all week I was like...aw yeah I'm ahead of schedule:cool:....and then...nope:p
Me too I had my maps all done, and the theme, and the home done by Tuesday. Then I decided to accept invitations to anywhere someone wanted to this week. Not the best plan to get things done, but at least I had fun at the events:D

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Original Poster
Challenge 5 Results:
I don't really have the motivation to write critiques today, but let me say both of you did a really stellar job! :)

Due to only 2/6 people posting, it's safe to say we can call this the finale.. So without further ado, the winner is...

Congratuations! @spacemt354, you were a very close second, but you didn't have enough detail to drive your concept home.

This has been a rocky road (Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p) but hopefully the comp was fun for everyone involved. Thanks so much for playing! It means a lot! :D

Now everyone go play @spacemt354's comp, The House Cup. :p;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Challenge 5 Results:
I don't really have the motivation to write critiques today, but let me say both of you did a really stellar job! :)

Due to only 2/6 people posting, it's safe to say we can call this the finale.. So without further ado, the winner is...

Congratuations! @spacemt354, you were a very close second, but you didn't have enough detail to drive your concept home.

This has been a rocky road (Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p) but hopefully the comp was fun for everyone involved. Thanks so much for playing! It means a lot! :D

Now everyone go play @spacemt354's comp, The House Cup. :p;)
Congrats tcool!

And thanks Puff for doing this comp - while I wish more people contributed, there's always next time! :) And I think it was a good learning experience so I'm glad it happened!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom