PHOTOS - My Disney Experience Mobile Ordering is coming to Pandora in the Satu'li Canteen

G00fyDad

Oh, I love tech too. New AA innovations, new ride designs - heck, Uni and other hotels are testing out a robot that will bring things that you request up to your room for you. I still worry about the effect on employment, but that's really cool. The tech exists for Disney to get really creative with new immersion strategies, to make the experiences they offer better. Disney's assorted reservation systems don't do that for me. At all.

And not to be rude (I'm sure I've annoyed lots of people in line) but it sounds like your situation might have been solved by deciding what you wanted before you got in line. Probably a cheaper plan to implement, too.

Yeah, you would think so. Apparently I married the most indecisive person on the planet and our kids inherited it. LOL

rushtest4echo

Oh, I love tech too. New AA innovations, new ride designs - heck, Uni and other hotels are testing out a robot that will bring things that you request up to your room for you. I still worry about the effect on employment, but that's really cool. The tech exists for Disney to get really creative with new immersion strategies, to make the experiences they offer better. Disney's assorted reservation systems don't do that for me. At all.

And not to be rude (I'm sure I've annoyed lots of people in line) but it sounds like your situation might have been solved by deciding what you wanted before you got in line. Probably a cheaper plan to implement, too.

Trying to figure out what the s/o and/or kids want before hopping in line is a useless waste of energy. You'll either get a huge bowl of "this isn't what I wanted", or you'll have your phone ring mid-ordering-process with the wife asking what kind of salads they have. :banghead:

G00fyDad

I have gone so far as to print out the menu for every restaurant (yes, seriously) and keep it in our backpack so the family can decide what they want before we get there. Still didn't work. :banghead:

Princess Leia

Satuli-Canteen_Full_29837.jpg

These 'fish eggs' look like bobas... I love bobas on fro yo and in bubble tea, but on a salad? Ehhhh :depressed:

flyerjab

The thing that I appreciate about this is that Disney and Lightstorm are working to come up with food items and selections that are not your average park food. Also, the choices seem to veer towards more healthy selections. This is something that they could have easily just said "well, humans have taken over this place so we will provide them with food that reminds them of home - chicken fingers and hamburgers!" Now will it eventually devolve into that? Maybe. But I credit them for trying something that is different, healthy and fits with what they are going for in this expansion.

KrzyKtty

I have gone so far as to print out the menu for every restaurant (yes, seriously) and keep it in our backpack so the family can decide what they want before we get there. Still didn't work. :banghead:

I laugh because this is totally my family, except with my husband leading the pack. And the hungrier he gets, the worse it gets!

Princess Leia

The thing that I appreciate about this is that Disney and Lightstorm are working to come up with food items and selections that are not your average park food. Also, the choices seem to veer towards more healthy selections. This is something that they could have easily just said "well, humans have taken over this place so we will provide them with food that reminds them of home - chicken fingers and hamburgers!" Now will it eventually devolve into that? Maybe. But I credit them for trying something that is different, healthy and fits with what they are going for in this expansion.
Plus, the food presentation (at least in the pictures) looks gorgeous. I really appreciate the variety in the meals here. My family spent a couple trips at Disney during the Lenten season (#Catholic), and I remember the struggle of finding a place with decent vegetarian options on Good Friday. I can't remember where it was (though I want to say it was at the Magic Kingdom), but after a lengthy search, we finally found something with tofu. Kudos to Disney for creating fish and tofu options at Pandora.

flyerjab

Plus, the food presentation (at least in the pictures) looks gorgeous. I really appreciate the variety in the meals here. My family spent a couple trips at Disney during the Lenten season (#Catholic), and I remember the struggle of finding a place with decent vegetarian options on Good Friday. I can't remember where it was (though I want to say it was at the Magic Kingdom), but after a lengthy search, we finally found something with tofu. Kudos to Disney for creating fish and tofu options at Pandora.

I'll also put this out there. At Tiffins, one of the lesser expensive choices on the menu is a vegetable curry that is absolutely delicious.

MrHappy

I know it can never happen but... wouldn't it be nice to go back to the days when you just got in a line to order food or get on a ride? When you could actually be in the moment in a theme park instead of juggling a schedule of several dozen future activities? Maybe that's the brilliant long term goal of all this - Disney will suddenly announce they're going back to the old 80s systems and people will be so grateful they won't even mind waiting in line (yeah, I know it's just me, but let me have this dream...)
I believe the app ordering system doesn't pin you down to a time, you just order in advance (at anytime) and when you get there...whenever you get there...nothing holding you to a time....then you click a button on the app and then a reply message will tell you where you can go to pick up your order. It seems like a very fluid process.

21stamps

I am a tech nut and I love things like this. It allows me to not stand in line and argue with my family about what to order and end up holding up everyone else behind me in the process. I can remember those times vividly...

(We get in line for XXXX counter service.)
Me: So, what does everyone want?
Wife: (Looking at the menu posted) I'm not really sure what thy have.... give me a minute...
Daughter: Do they have vegetarian pizza?
Me: Do you mean cheese?
Daughter: Yes
Me: Yes
Daughter: Okay... I'll take a veggie burger.
Me: (?!?! Blank stare)
Son: Do they have spaghetti?
Me: No. This is a burger place.
Son: Do they have lasagna?
Son: Do they have steaks?
Son: Do they have tacos?
Son: I'll take a hamburger.
Wife: I'm not sure I want anything from here.
Me: I'm going to go sit down and try not to scream.

I laughed out loud at this.

twebber55

Interesting, but nothing to spark the masses like butterbeer
butter beer is popular because its freaking good....
its in the movies very little, my suspicion is the blue berry cheese cake ,if good, could be the butter beer of this land not that it will have that level of popularity but still popular and something you have to get when you go to the land. Maybe even the lumpia at Pongu Pongu will be popular who knows i think ill wait and judge on May 13th

Goofyque'

Can't wait to try this! We will be there both the 27th and 28th, any word on if they will serve into the extra late EMH?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom