PHOTOS - My Disney Experience Mobile Ordering is coming to Pandora in the Satu'li Canteen

21stamps

Most important thing that I took from this article--

Kid's offerings will include grilled chicken or beef, fish or tofu with greens or rice; a hot dog wrapped in Parker House dough; cheese quesadilla, or a steamed “pod” (cheeseburger bao bun).

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes!!!
Yessssss!!!

FINALLY a kid's menu with more than hot dogs, nuggets, and burgers!! We no longer have to buy them adult meals of which they barely put a dent in!!!!!!!

Hooray!!!!

...at one restaurant anyway.lol. But maybe if this one is successful then it will pave the way for expanded children's menus elsewhere...especially tofu!

Oh, and @Colleen M - Agree!! I think it's rare that I ever get carry out food without ordering ahead on the app. I'm still confused about how after a few years now..there are still people in line at Chipotle.lol.

rushtest4echo

Lol, all of the reasons you described are why I would love to use the system. I do not consider standing in yet ANOTHER line at Disney to be any fun at all. Not even remotely. Also the prospect of my kid driving me nuts with a throng of people behind me getting more impatient by the minute does not impress me. My husband and I love technology. I consider sitting around the table to be the enjoyable family time. Anything that lets me increase my time at the table and decrease it in line ordering is a welcome to me. More time to eat, more time in the park, less time wasted in line.

I plan everything ahead of time anyway. I already know what I will eat at most restaurants and my trip isn't even until June. :D

See I knew it. These forums are so wrought with complaining that someone might take what I said seriously.

I apologize.

I'm overjoyed that they're implementing this system! I was just trying to cover the bases for the whiners. :)

KrzyKtty

See I knew it. These forums are so wrought with complaining that someone might take what I said seriously.

I apologize.

I'm overjoyed that they're implementing this system! I was just trying to cover the bases for the whiners. :)
Lol. Sorry I mis-read into your post! :)

21stamps

I could do without the fish egg garnish (what is it?), but other than that I'm excited for some variety! The drink offerings also look enticing, it will be fun trying a bit of ....oh, everything!
Do you eat sushi with masago?
I'm not a fan of masago, my kiddo is. So we order the same rolls two different ways sometimes. I'm assuming the eggs will probably be optional if you want it without them.

enfant

I'm not a fan of masago, my kiddo is. So we order the same rolls two different ways sometimes. I'm assuming the eggs will probably be optional if you want it without them.
I love fish eggs but I've never eaten them on anything except sushi really. I'm interested in seeing how this tastes :)

I am Timmy

Ok, so I had to look up masago to answer your question! No, not a fan, but thank you for that bit of knowledge. Would be very happy if they were optional. I will definitely be looking into that.

dreamfinder912

I must be my generations last holdout without a smartphone but man it's frustrating to have to be "connected" 24/7 and shell out a lot of money for a smartphone just to go to Disney with any sort of efficiency. and the lines will be especially bad due to the fact that dining plans arent accepted through MDX so all those people who see what they want and order it and are then told oh pick a side pick a dessert pick a drink (oh wait no not THAT drink) are going to hold up the non-priority line even more. let meal plans in on MDX ordering, and make selecting all your sides a requirement before you can hit submit.

disney4life2008

Im sorry this food looks disgusting!

I am all for a unique experience but this is just downright nasty looking. And before others chime in, I already know it looks great to you and you are excited that its not chicken nuggets

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Im sorry this food looks disgusting!

I am all for a unique experience but this is just downright nasty looking. And before others chime in, I already know it looks great to you and you are excited that its not chicken nuggets
And you love chicken nuggets and theme park cheeseburgers, but not real burgers like D-luxe. Excuse us if we all don't have your sophisticated palate.

Casper Gutman

And you love chicken nuggets and theme park cheeseburgers, but not real burgers like D-luxe. Excuse us if we all don't have your sophisticated palate.

Hey, folks like what they like. Chicken nuggets ain't bad (and what defines a "real" burger? I'm guessing it's about 50% the quality of the meat and other ingredients and 50% the price and decor).

I really like that they're going for diversity in food offerings. I really don't like any of the food offerings on display here (except the deserts). If we're doing baos, how about a nice pork one? And what do the Na'vi have against potatoes? Eh, I can always eat in one of Pandora's other... in one of Animal Kingdom's other restaurants.

I don't like the ordering system, which seems designed to let them employ fewer folks. I also don't like the fact that the system diminishes interaction with cast members, particularly in a land in which one of the key aspects of the advertised "immersion" is interaction with cast members!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Hey, folks like what they like. Chicken nuggets ain't bad (and what defines a "real" burger? I'm guessing it's about 50% the quality of the meat and other ingredients and 50% the price and decor).
Nothin wrong with nuggets. We just ordered two trays of em for my son's 3rd bday party and there is only gonna be 8 kids there. Adults smashed them last year. Anyhoo....

That particular poster loves to make extreme comments regarding food. And usually they are quite funny. If I'm not mistaken, he/she used to drink the liquid cheese at the toppings bars. Or some such. Just poking gentle fun.

G00fyDad

I wonder how long it will be before they institute a second check-in procedure to make sure people are not on an attraction checking in early and letting trays of food pile up. Some kiosk or something where you touch your name on a screen to show that you are physically IN the building. Several fast food restaurants near me do the whole pre-ordering thing and they have problems with people "checking in" very early and during busy times the food piles up and sits in the way. I can only imagine how bad it would be at WDW. Don't get me wrong. I love this idea. I just hope they have considered this.

Casper Gutman

I wonder how long it will be before they institute a second check-in procedure to make sure people are not on an attraction checking in early and letting trays of food pile up. Some kiosk or something where you touch your name on a screen to show that you are physically IN the building. Several fast food restaurants near me do the whole pre-ordering thing and they have problems with people "checking in" very early and during busy times the food piles up and sits in the way. I can only imagine how bad it would be at WDW. Don't get me wrong. I love this idea. I just hope they have considered this.

I know it can never happen but... wouldn't it be nice to go back to the days when you just got in a line to order food or get on a ride? When you could actually be in the moment in a theme park instead of juggling a schedule of several dozen future activities? Maybe that's the brilliant long term goal of all this - Disney will suddenly announce they're going back to the old 80s systems and people will be so grateful they won't even mind waiting in line (yeah, I know it's just me, but let me have this dream...)

wwm

The garnish on the slaw could it possibly be something like the strawberry/ banana pearls served over at the Brown Derby only a different flavor?

Casper Gutman

The garnish on the slaw could it possibly be something like the strawberry/ banana pearls served over at the Brown Derby only a different flavor?

I think we can safely say they didn't nail the aesthetics of the slaw garnish.

The blueberry cheesecake is pretty.

G00fyDad

I know it can never happen but... wouldn't it be nice to go back to the days when you just got in a line to order food or get on a ride? When you could actually be in the moment in a theme park instead of juggling a schedule of several dozen future activities? Maybe that's the brilliant long term goal of all this - Disney will suddenly announce they're going back to the old 80s systems and people will be so grateful they won't even mind waiting in line (yeah, I know it's just me, but let me have this dream...)

I am a tech nut and I love things like this. It allows me to not stand in line and argue with my family about what to order and end up holding up everyone else behind me in the process. I can remember those times vividly...

(We get in line for XXXX counter service.)
Me: So, what does everyone want?
Wife: (Looking at the menu posted) I'm not really sure what thy have.... give me a minute...
Daughter: Do they have vegetarian pizza?
Me: Do you mean cheese?
Daughter: Yes
Me: Yes
Daughter: Okay... I'll take a veggie burger.
Me: (?!?! Blank stare)
Son: Do they have spaghetti?
Me: No. This is a burger place.
Son: Do they have lasagna?
Son: Do they have steaks?
Son: Do they have tacos?
Son: I'll take a hamburger.
Wife: I'm not sure I want anything from here.
Me: I'm going to go sit down and try not to scream.

Casper Gutman

I am a tech nut and I love things like this. It allows me to not stand in line and argue with my family about what to order and end up holding up everyone else behind me in the process. I can remember those times vividly...

(We get in line for XXXX counter service.)
Me: So, what does everyone want?
Wife: (Looking at the menu posted) I'm not really sure what thy have.... give me a minute...
Daughter: Do they have vegetarian pizza?
Me: Do you mean cheese?
Daughter: Yes
Me: Yes
Daughter: Okay... I'll take a veggie burger.
Me: (?!?! Blank stare)
Son: Do they have spaghetti?
Son: Do they have lasagna?
Son: Do they have steaks?
Son: Do they have tacos?
Son: I'll take a hamburger.
Wife: I'm not sure I want anything from here.
Me: I'm going to go sit down and try not to scream.

Oh, I love tech too. New AA innovations, new ride designs - heck, Uni and other hotels are testing out a robot that will bring things that you request up to your room for you. I still worry about the effect on employment, but that's really cool. The tech exists for Disney to get really creative with new immersion strategies, to make the experiences they offer better. Disney's assorted reservation systems don't do that for me. At all.

And not to be rude (I'm sure I've annoyed lots of people in line) but it sounds like your situation might have been solved by deciding what you wanted before you got in line. Probably a cheaper plan to implement, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom