PHOTOS - My Disney Experience Mobile Ordering is coming to Pandora in the Satu'li Canteen

Incomudro

I like much of the food on the menu here.
I'm a healthy eater, and it can be a bit tough for me in WDW at times.
It's not a though I won't eat the occasional hamburger - I will, especially when I'm on vacation - but I do wish their were more choices, or more availability of say, grilled chicken.

jaklgreen

I am excited to try the vegetable curry pods. I am glad that they have child sized portions of the same foods. When I was growing up the kids meal where exactly that, smaller portions of adult food. For some reason about 20 years ago it changed to the unhealthiest foods ever. They need to go back and start offering better foods to kids. My kids would have loved some rotisserie chicken and broccoli.

Kman101

I believe the app ordering system doesn't pin you down to a time, you just order in advance (at anytime) and when you get there...whenever you get there...nothing holding you to a time....then you click a button on the app and then a reply message will tell you where you can go to pick up your order. It seems like a very fluid process.

I really like the idea of mobile ordering. Nothing worse than waiting in unbelievably long lines with one or two cast members working two lines each.

RSoxNo1

I really like the idea of mobile ordering. Nothing worse than waiting in unbelievably long lines with one or two cast members working two lines each.
I said this in a MiceChat article March 19, 2013:

What’s more discouraging is that there are actual components of Fastpass+ and MyMagic+ that really interest me. I love the thought of walking into Epcot at 11 AM and heading straight for Spaceship Earth. While in line, I would use the mobile app to book a dinner reservation at Le Cellier for later that night, a Soarin’ Fastpass for mid afternoon and order food at Sunshine Seasons for lunch. It’s very intriguing to be able to do all of these things day of.

Alternatively, if a guest doesn’t have a smartphone, feel free to have them utilize the touch screens in the Spaceship Earth descent instead. Technically speaking they’re still planning their future…

All kidding aside, I fear with advanced reservations that Disney is eliminating the biggest advantage of this new infrastructure: the availability of same day access. What’s more likely with my 11 AM Epcot arrival, is an artificially inflated wait time at Spaceship Earth and all Soarin’ Fastpasses are distributed for the day. And unless you woke up at 6 AM 180 days ago, you can forget about Le Cellier.

Kman101

Eh, I think they're being overdramatic. We'll see how it ends up rolled out. I imagine it's for quickservice. Why would you be able to place orders at a place like Le Cellier?

Kman101

15 quick service restaurants will soon begin to offer mobile ordering ... I didn't see a start date.

• ABC Commissary (DHS)
  • Backlot Express (DHS)
  • Columbia Harbor House (MK)
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (MK)
  • D-Luxe Burger (Disney Springs)
  • Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
  • Flame Tree Barbecue (AK)
  • Liberty Inn (Epcot)
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (MK)
  • Pinocchio Village Haus (MK)
  • Pizzafari (AK)
  • Restaurantosaurus (AK)
  • Satu’li Canteen (AK)
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant (MK)
  • Tortuga Tavern (MK)

RSoxNo1

15 quick service restaurants will soon begin to offer mobile ordering ... I didn't see a start date.

• ABC Commissary (DHS)
  • Backlot Express (DHS)
  • Columbia Harbor House (MK)
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (MK)
  • D-Luxe Burger (Disney Springs)
  • Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
  • Flame Tree Barbecue (AK)
  • Liberty Inn (Epcot)
  • Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (MK)
  • Pinocchio Village Haus (MK)
  • Pizzafari (AK)
  • Restaurantosaurus (AK)
  • Satu’li Canteen (AK)
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant (MK)
  • Tortuga Tavern (MK)
Where are you seeing this?

radiorae

100% agree. That "double line" thing drives me absolutely nuts. The only thing worse than waiting fifteen minutes to order food in a long line is waiting fifteen minutes to order food in a line that looks short at first glance... but turns out to be twice as long than originally realized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom