PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

betty rose

Is the new lobby and trader sams operating hours really deterring folks from staying there? Am I the only one excited to go? I've experienced the old lobby plenty of times, and while it was cool I certainly think the benefits of an open lobby layout, no interior environmental concerns, a brand new themed bar, and two new pool areas one with a new bar and grille, outweigh the removal of the rock formation. Do any of you currently gave plans there, or plan yo go in the future?
Good to hear you are excited. Now, my husband and I will have company in the new lobby. :joyfull:

note2001

Good to hear you are excited. Now, my husband and I will have company in the new lobby. :joyfull:

I like the new seating arrangements in the lobby, and can even get into the colors and patterns being used. The old lobby layout left the downstairs feeling very dark and made me feel a bit closed in. I'm sure my family will enjoy waiting there for our reservations.

And it's nice to see Mr. Tikishrug turned out nicer than imagined. Maybe when nobody's looking he can rearrange his rockpile into a castle. :D

betty rose

I like the new seating arrangements in the lobby, and can even get into the colors and patterns being used. The old lobby layout left the downstairs feeling very dark and made me feel a bit closed in. I'm sure my family will enjoy waiting there for our reservations.

And it's nice to see Mr. Tikishrug turned out nicer than imagined. Maybe when nobody's looking he can rearrange his rockpile into a castle. :D
It's a really nice and relaxing place to spend an afternoon out of the hot sun. The Tiki was missing when we spent an afternoon. We are going back to listen to the music, and get an "after" shot, of the Tiki. I loved the old lobby, but my allergies made it impossible to stay long. This is on my to do list each time we visit Disney.

note2001

It's a really nice and relaxing place to spend an afternoon out of the hot sun. The Tiki was missing when we spent an afternoon. We are going back to listen to the music, and get an "after" shot, of the Tiki. I loved the old lobby, but my allergies made it impossible to stay long. This is on my to do list each time we visit Disney.

That's a good thing with your allergies. I can't say the Poly lobby ever gave me an asthma attack, but I know climbing the stairs there was physically exhausting each and every time. ALthough I blamed the stair size, chances are better that it was probably a sign that all was not well with the air quality as I have no problem with stairs elsewhere.

betty rose

That's a good thing with your allergies. I can't say the Poly lobby ever gave me an asthma attack, but I know climbing the stairs there was physically exhausting each and every time. ALthough I blamed the stair size, chances are better that it was probably a sign that all was not well with the air quality as I have no problem with stairs elsewhere.
I have asthma as well, and had lots of trouble climbing the stairs. Not this last time...I never thought about it though, until you mentioned it.;)

betty rose

I don't think the pictures do it justice. Must be seen in person IMHO. :joyfull:

PhotoDave219

There's an Elevator.

PhotoDave219

It does seem that some think that behavior which is considered normal for Bike Week at Sturgis, should also be acceptable at all times at EPCOT.

You need to experience at least ONE 'Bike Week' however it's not an experience I would choose to do again but I'm glad I did it. It's a unique culture all on it's own with guys named 'Stick' because they have a wooden leg... You get the picture.

The Bikes are amazing, Everything from 'American Chopper' type custom bikes to bikes where everything except the engine and transmission were smithied on a forge, Bike people are equally unique.

Will you stop trying to pour your brand of sobriety down my throat like I was a 50 year old lawyer Funneling bourbon while tailgating at the University of Georgia at 10 AM on north campus before a game against Alabama?

Not that I've ever seen that.... No wait. I've seen that.

PhotoDave219

The orange shirt is called for when you have 8-12 drinks inside you and are challenging every passer-by to a fight, not enjoying a drink or three while walking around the WS or having dinner.

I've seen the former behavior far too often, Some people think because they are on vacation at WDW the standards of polite and responsible behavior no longer apply.

Anyone who thinks the parks should be 'Dry' needs their head examined for crying out loud it's why Walt built Club 33 so he and his guests could have a DRINK at DL,

That being said drunken behavior should be grounds for immediate ejection from the park and probably protective custody by the OC Sheriff because at that point you are a danger to yourself and others.

You're inspiring me to do a drinking game with your posts.

Mr. Peabody

I disagree. The water feature did not obscure the sunlight from above, and the Great Ceremonial House has big windows on the north and south sides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom