PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

asianway

Keep looking. There have been several, but they are getting yanked fast. Also, people already trying to line up outside the door. Guess they didn't get the memo.
I'm seeing lots of pictures of the go away sign but no pics of the hallway. A line would not surprise me

kkocka

Honestly the only pics of any interest that were leaked was what I stated earlier: Nautilis on the menu and food on the menu. Nothing else is of any interest.

Stevek

I'm seeing lots of pictures of the go away sign but no pics of the hallway. A line would not surprise me
I would expect that there are or will be tents, beach chairs, sleeping bags and blogger/podcaster tables all along the hallway sooner than later. WDW fanbois all have to be the first one there so they can stroke their, um, egos. How is there not a #tradersamswatch2015 ala what the freaks did for Star Tours a couple of years ago?

asianway

I would expect that there are or will be tents, beach chairs, sleeping bags and blogger/podcaster tables all along the hallway sooner than later. WDW fanbois all have to be the first one there so they can stroke their, um, egos. How is there not a #tradersamswatch2015 ala what the freaks did for Star Tours a couple of years ago?
I think they're using grottowatch

RSoxNo1

Courtesy of @WDWKingdomcast on Twitter
CBC7h2LUsAAEMvU.jpg

durangojim

Very excited! Can't wait to be there in October. To bad for the folks who will be there in the next couple of weeks but can't get the mugs.
Highlight for Spoiler:Looks like all the stools can go up and down including the ones at the surf board table.

Last edited:

andre85

That really does look great! And the food looks like a huge step up from the one in DL.

But two possible concerns:
1) Is there a second "window"?
2) I wonder if the bar loses a little something by having the actual 'bar' in the back. In the DL one, that's the focal point--it's in the middle and it's easy to get to. Here it looks small, out of the way, and a pain to get to.

durangojim

That really does look great! And the food looks like a huge step up from the one in DL.

But two possible concerns:
1) Is there a second "window"?
2) I wonder if the bar loses a little something by having the actual 'bar' in the back. In the DL one, that's the focal point--it's in the middle and it's easy to get to. Here it looks small, out of the way, and a pain to get to.

I'm sure you remember but at DL there isn't that much room for tables and seating inside, mostly against the walls with the bar being surrounded on 2 1/2 sides. This might be better as there appears to be more room for people to sit at tables. Either way I don't think it will be a big deal.

andre85

I'm sure you remember but at DL there isn't that much room for tables and seating inside, mostly against the walls with the bar being surrounded on 2 1/2 sides. This might be better as there appears to be more room for people to sit at tables. Either way I don't think it will be a big deal.

Oh, I'm intimately familiar with the DL one haha--go like 3-4 times a year. Yeah, the seating's a definite improvement, but part of the charm was the interaction with the bartenders, such as during the Shipwreck where they spray everyone with water

durangojim

Oh, I'm intimately familiar with the DL one haha--go like 3-4 times a year. Yeah, the seating's a definite improvement, but part of the charm was the interaction with the bartenders, such as during the Shipwreck where they spray everyone with water
I agree with the bartender interaction. I'm sure that they'll figure out a way to keep that (I hope!). I'm looking forward to seeing the new mugs and trying the unique drinks!

andre85

So I was looking up pics for comparison for fun. Here's Trader Sam's in Disneyland. Waaay more seating at the bar, as it wraps around. I just wish they had made the bar at DW closer to this. I mean, it's hard enough getting the bartender's attention at DL on a busy night--I imagine this will be even more the case in DL. With that said, I love the look at the DW one, and the sloped roof is a really nice touch. (and I'm with you that on the new drinks! Gonna try them all lol)
disneyland-hotel-trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar-968x450-02.jpg

Last edited:

betty rose

So I was looking up pics for comparison for fun. Here's Trader Sam's in Disneyland. Waaay more seating at the bat, as it wraps around. I just wish they had made the bar at DW closer to this. I mean, it's hard enough getting the bartender's attention at DL on a busy night--I imagine this will be even more the case in DL. With that said, I love the look at the DW one, and the sloped roof is a really nice touch. (and I'm with you that on the new drinks! Gonna try them all lol)
disneyland-hotel-trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar-968x450-02.jpg
At one sitting? ;)

kkocka

I'm a bigger fan of sitting at the bar. In fact, if I can't sit at the bar I tend to just pass. I've developed some fair friendships with some staffers and I enjoy learning from them, picking their brain, etc. Not everybody is like me however and they just want a drink and a show.

Grog Grotto definitely caters to that - the show. They want everybody to enjoy the show equally, unlike Enchanted Tiki Bar where half the joint can't see the Shipwreck activity, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom