Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Impressed me. And that takes some doing.

I have never been on this attraction so only know it from what people have told me and photos I have seen. It is awesome that they got it done in 11 months. But the project seemed to be a lot of "installation of this" and "installation of that". Seems that actually having to design and build anything onsite was limited to the warehouse itself. Not much creativity with the actual set itself in my opinion, which could have helped in getting it done quickly.

That being said...it doesn't mean that the 11 month time frame isn't impressive or that the ride isn't a good/great attraction. Anyways...my 2 cents...

Disneyhead'71

Demolition of a building, construction of a new one, installation of a twin floor show scene environment and props, a state of the art ride system, 4 high speed ride elevators, a digital audio system....

And then the huge multiple 4K screens and twin projection systems. All whilst surrounded by an open theme park on all four sides.

Since we're splitting hairs.
You forgot to mention it is a 7 story tall building with 2.5 stories sunk into the swamp (maintenance bays are in the basement). Poured concrete floors on all levels. And it is not a clone of the 2 previous iterations.

Marlins1

There is no question that the timeline for Transformers construction was impressively fast and Frozen is very slow in comparison. Unfortunately I see Transformers as a completely unnecessary addition in a park that already has so many screen based 3D attractions. I rode it once and will skip it for Spider-Man on future trips. Looking forward to Kong though - that one is also going up in impressive time.

lazyboy97o

You forgot to mention it is a 7 story tall building with 2.5 stories sunk into the swamp (maintenance bays are in the basement). Poured concrete floors on all levels. And it is not a clone of the 2 previous iterations.
Transformers is most definitely a clone. So much so that issues/errors with the design were repeated in Orlando's construction instead of being fixed. It's not a good comparison because it was the second time the attraction was cloned.

Cesar R M

I have never been on this attraction so only know it from what people have told me and photos I have seen. It is awesome that they got it done in 11 months. But the project seemed to be a lot of "installation of this" and "installation of that". Seems that actually having to design and build anything onsite was limited to the warehouse itself. Not much creativity with the actual set itself in my opinion, which could have helped in getting it done quickly.

That being said...it doesn't mean that the 11 month time frame isn't impressive or that the ride isn't a good/great attraction. Anyways...my 2 cents...
you have to get in to experience it.
Technically, its just an improved spiderman ride.
I think the buildings are in the same layout spiderman (the movements and phasing are so similar. For example, the goblin throws a fire bomb at you in one scene, and shows special effects in a real prop next to you... in the transformers case.. it was Megatron who fires a rocket) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom