Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

A foolish mortal

Hu, you know this.. because?
First of all the name. Its not only called Frozen.. but Frozen: Ever after.. It'll focus on what happens after the movie story.. Much like Frozen Fever if you ever saw that? Also she says in this clip from D23 Expo that they'll take us to Arendelle for the "Winter and Summer celebration". If you look at the concept you see that its not from the movie...
Skjermbilde 2016-02-10 23.36.44.png
Skjermbilde 2016-02-10 23.37.29.png

So as i said.. its not going to be exact retelling of the story ;) Im sure they wanna bring more of the Frozen universe to life with this ride :)

Cesar R M

First of all the name. Its not only called Frozen.. but Frozen: Ever after.. It'll focus on what happens after the movie story.. Much like Frozen Fever if you ever saw that? Also she says in this clip from D23 Expo that they'll take us to Arendelle for the "Winter and Summer celebration". If you look at the concept you see that its not from the movie...
View attachment 129969 View attachment 129970

So as i said.. its not going to be exact retelling of the story ;) Im sure they wanna bring more of the Frozen universe to life with this ride :)

Dont make me pinpoint on how different the concept and the final renditions are most of the time :p

Bartattack

And they were already planning and designing the transformers rides 5 years before they actually build it.
That plus the fact that they already had created 2 versions of it, would make that everything could go faster...
The first version of the ride took 2 years to build.
I think the Frozen ride was still being designed while they were already starting with the removal of maelstrom.

DisneyGentleman

as far I know, they only managed to do that 1 out of 4 times.
The last one exploded spectacularly.
it tipped over due to ice formation on a collet.
The significance is that they are trying new things and learning rapidly. A bloated organization won't do that.

1 out of 4 is far better than 0 out of 0.

Disneyhead'71

Transformers is most definitely a clone. So much so that issues/errors with the design were repeated in Orlando's construction instead of being fixed. It's not a good comparison because it was the second time the attraction was cloned.
Certainly parts were cloned. But USF's is the only one with the maintenance bay in the basement requiring a 3 floor RV elevator. And because of that, the ride path was altered.

lazyboy97o

Certainly parts were cloned. But USF's is the only one with the maintenance bay in the basement requiring a 3 floor RV elevator. And because of that, the ride path was altered.
Not just part, huge massive chunks that even Universal does not deny it being a clone and the timeline only being possible because of there having been two prior iterations.

Brer Panther

I just realized something...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Maelstrom a THRILL RIDE? You know, like Splash Mountain on a smaller scale?

And since they're not changing the track for Frozen Ever After (still don't like that name), won't it ALSO be a thrill ride?

So most of the children who loved Frozen will either not make the height requirement or be too afraid to ride it!

peter11435

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Maelstrom a THRILL RIDE? You know, like Splash Mountain on a smaller scale?

And since they're not changing the track for Frozen Ever After (still don't like that name), won't it ALSO be a thrill ride?

So most of the children who loved Frozen will either not make the height requirement or be too afraid to ride it!

Maelstrom never had a height requirement

PizzaPlanet

I believe the thrill level of Maelstrom was along the same line as Pirates of the Caribbean.

Ripken10

Not that my mother is a good sample, but she has been on both rides, but after riding maelstrom once said she could not do it again. It was too much for her, yet she loves pirates. She gets nervous about the little drop on pirates. To me they were always similiar but I guess to others it may not have been

rle4lunch

Not that my mother is a good sample, but she has been on both rides, but after riding maelstrom once said she could not do it again. It was too much for her, yet she loves pirates. She gets nervous about the little drop on pirates. To me they were always similiar but I guess to others it may not have been

Was she scared by those pesky trolls? Maybe that's what she meant? Because Maelstrom has far less drops and is about 95% shorter ride time than Pirates. Or maybe she just meant the incredibly crappy storyline and Norway tourism commercial at the end were too much for her. lol.

All in all, it was in the top 3 worse rides in all of Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom