NO MORE AP PAYMENT PLAN?

D

Deleted member 107043

If it weren't for the crowds, you'd be at the DLR every weekend wouldn't you?

I'm pretty sure I'd go at least once or twice a year. As it is now I visit the area a couple of times a year anyway (I was in Long Beach last month on business), but I usually skip Disneyland because I can't justify the high cost to do something I've done 5,000 times already. Add in the crowds on a limited time schedule and I'm like no thank you.

Filby61

I don't think DP&R is going to do anything whatsoever to reduce DLR's crowding. Just the opposite -- they'll roll out strategies to increase the number of days when the property is heavily crowded. To Disney, the DLR's greatest value isn't gate receipts, merchandise or food: Those profit streams are wanted and welcome, but they're icing on the cake.

The cake itself is brand advertising. To Disney, the DLR is a brand marketing platform. It's a walk-thru, total-immersion, surround-sound commercial for Disney brands. The most important thing to management is the number of eyeballs that are "watching the commercial" -- the number of captive customers that experience the brand saturation. The more bodies the better. Hence the admissions media marketing strategies that have skyrocketed the number of APs and increased the number of crowded days. Hence the increase in branded rides, branded entertainments and jammed-into-every-store-whether-it-fits-the land-or-not branded merchandise, and the decrease in Walt/WED style innovation, creative originality and showmanship.

Hence, too, the selection of the company's top brand marketing guru, Bob Chapek -- formerly head of Disney Consumer Products -- to run DP&R.

Last edited:

Earl Sweatpants

Very well...you all raise valid points.
raw

Lets Respect

I think she meant that a one day ticket costs $100 or so depending on the day. APs cost hundreds of dollars, up to $1049, hence the payment plan option.

Oh ok thanks!
I was thinking more along the lines of a week or ten days worth of tickets for my family...I don't get a payment plan on that

Earl Sweatpants

Oh ok thanks!
I was thinking more along the lines of a week or ten days worth of tickets for my family...I don't get a payment plan on that
The way I see it (and I think what raven was intending), a week or even 10 days worth of tickets are still looked upon as a singular event, and therefore not demanding a payment plan...unlike something you can take advantage of for a full year and pay off little by little...regardless of similar overall costs.

Lets Respect

The way I see it (and I think what raven was intending), a week or even 10 days worth of tickets are still looked upon as a singular event, and therefore not needing a payment plan...unlike something you can take advantage of for a full year and pay off little by little.

I get the single event part. But many people have to save up for those tickets during the year. So people can do the same for an AP purchase.

mickEblu

Anyone can buy an AP, but only Southern residents get payment options.

Are you sure? I knew that only Southern Californians are able to purchase the two So Cal APs but I had no idea payment plans weren't made available to everybody for the other APs ( Deluxe, Signature, Signature +). Why??

Californian Elitist

Oh ok thanks!

Payment plan or not, we all pay lots of money for Disney. Your experience as a once-a-year guest is different from someone like me, a local who goes multiple times of the year, and vice versa. What would it matter if some people pay monthly for a pass versus those who pay for tickets? Money is still flowing from our bank accounts into Disney's.

DL2006

Actually the payment plan is available to ALL residents of the state of California.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/

If you go to the foot notes of that page it says this:

Disney Southern California Select Annual Passports and Disney Southern California Annual Passports are valid only for Southern California residents living in ZIP codes 90000 to 93599.

Monthly payments valid only for California residents living in ZIP codes 90000-96199 with valid ID.

Antaundra

Are you sure? I knew that only Southern Californians are able to purchase the two So Cal APs but I had no idea payment plans weren't made available to everybody for the other APs ( Deluxe, Signature, Signature +). Why??

Payment plans are available to anyone living anywhere in California. I live in Northern California and have a payment plan for my AP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom