NO MORE AP PAYMENT PLAN?

Lets Respect

Payment plan or not, we all pay lots of money for Disney. Your experience as a once-a-year guest is different from someone like me, a local who goes multiple times of the year, and vice versa. What would it matter if some people pay monthly for a pass versus those who pay for tickets? Money is still flowing from our bank accounts into Disney's.

If it doesn't matter how the money flows to Disney, then what does it matter if they take away the monthly payment plan for APs?

Californian Elitist

If it doesn't matter how the money flows to Disney, then what does it matter if they take away the monthly payment plan for APs?

Seems you didn't understand what I was saying.

You made a comment earlier saying people without APs have to save up their money for trips. You were suggesting APs don't have to save money for trips. My point was all of us are spending lots of money for Disney, not just those who aren't APs. In saying that, a regular guest and an AP are two different types of guests.

APs also have other benefits that regular guests don't. Should those be taken away, too?

Lets Respect

Seems you didn't understand what I was saying.

You made a comment earlier saying people without APs have to save up their money for trips. You were suggesting APs don't have to save money for trips. My point was all of us are spending lots of money for Disney, not just those who aren't APs. In saying that, a regular guest and an AP are two different types of guests.

APs also have other benefits that regular guests don't. Should those be taken away, too?

Keeping the focus on just the tickets...

Regular tickets have to be paid for in full to Disney before they can be used. My only point was that I don't see a big deal in applying that same rule to APs. An AP is just a longer ticket

Californian Elitist

Keeping the focus on just the tickets...

Regular tickets have to be paid for in full to Disney before they can be used. My only point was that I don't see a big deal in applying that same rule to APs. An AP is just a longer ticket

An annual is not a regular ticket though. I don't believe regular tickets can be compared to an annual pass. They are two different options.

Curious Constance

If I want to buy an AP, since I live in Oregon, I'd have to pay for it all up front. It's the same exact ticket that CA residents can buy, but they get to pay for it monthly. I might not use my AP as often, but that's really a bonus to Disney. And when I do use it, since I'm from out of town, I'll be spending more while I'm there. Doesn't make sense to offer payment plans only to CA residents, just get rid of them entirely.

Californian Elitist

Yes they are different length tickets
My only point is that regular tickets have to be paid in full to Disney before you can use them
I don't see why APs shouldn't be the same way

I know what you're saying, but you're not making a strong argument as to why the monthly plan should be rid of. How does a payment plan being available to annual pass holders affect you negatively? Does it have any affect on you at all? Why should annual passholders and regular ticket holders have the same payment process?

drizgirl

I know what you're saying, but you're not making a strong argument as to why the monthly plan should be rid of. How does a payment plan being available to annual pass holders affect you negatively? Does it have any affect on you at all? Why should annual passholders and regular ticket holders have the same payment process?

Well, she's likely dealing with more people in the parks since the more affordable it is to locals, the more will buy tickets.

My question is why should AP holders from other states have different payment plans than those from CA?

Californian Elitist

Well, she's likely dealing with more people in the parks since the more affordable it is to locals, the more will buy tickets.

My question is why should AP holders from other states have different payment plans than those from CA?

Understandable, but annual passholders are dealing with more guests, too. Sort of off topic, I find it funny when I hear others in the park moan and groan about the number of people in the parks. Clearly everyone there had the same idea, complainers included. Everyone is there to have a good time, might as well just enjoy yourselves. That's how I look at it.

That is a valid question, and I didn't even know there were different payment plans for non-Californians. I can't think of why it would be different.

drizgirl

Understandable, but annual passholders are dealing with more guests, too. Sort of off topic, I find it funny when I hear others in the park moan and groan about the number of people in the parks. Clearly everyone there had the same idea, complainers included. Everyone is there to have a good time, might as well just enjoy yourselves. That's how I look at it.

That is a valid question, and I didn't even know there were different payment plans for non-Californians. I can't think of why it would be different.
There are no payment plans at all for out of state APs. Full payment up front only as far as I know.

I think it's more common for the occasional visitor to complain about crowds because it's their only chance to get to do the things they looked forward to. If the parks are too busy, they can't just come back again next week or next month and try again.

Professortango1

On terrible days, many APers will justndo one or two things and decide to leave. They know they can, and will, come back next week so the crowds matter less to them. If they can't see something due to crowds, they can just try again another time. A day ticket holder doesn't have this luxury, so crowds preventing them from seeing all they hoped to see is a more permanent outcome to them.

D

Deleted member 107043

^^ There are literally YouTube fan videos of AP holders showing themselves dropping in DL for what appears to be an hour, maybe riding one or two rides, and leaving. There are also people who post here regularly who said they do this too.

Curious Constance

There are no payment plans at all for out of state APs. Full payment up front only as far as I know.

I think it's more common for the occasional visitor to complain about crowds because it's their only chance to get to do the things they looked forward to. If the parks are too busy, they can't just come back again next week or next month and try again.

On terrible days, many APers will justndo one or two things and decide to leave. They know they can, and will, come back next week so the crowds matter less to them. If they can't see something due to crowds, they can just try again another time. A day ticket holder doesn't have this luxury, so crowds preventing them from seeing all they hoped to see is a more permanent outcome to them.

These points exactly. Since we can only afford to go once every 2-3 years, and for only a few days at a time, we have to jam everything into 4 days or so. You always have to make the most of that time. You can't afford to wait hours to see a parade or fireworks. And when you see local APers come to wait hours to see a parade they've probably seen 5 times or more and will see another 20 times before it's all said and done, taking up all the spots and congesting all the walkways, it's annoying to say the least.

Californian Elitist

Maybe it's a way to curb attendance, I don't know. Doesn't seem to be working, I've met a lot of out-of-state annual passholders.

I understand people coming only once or maybe a few times a year and wanting to get things done. And it's certainly easier for local annual passholders to just come back whenever they feel like it. I get it. But the parks have been crowded with no hints of that changing any time soon. Plus, they're theme parks; crowds should be expected. It's like when people come to Los Angeles and complain non-stop about the traffic.

Maybe my outlook is different because I used to work at the park. I had many guests complain to me about the wait times multiple times. I told them they could leave, make it less crowded for the other guests, and return another time. Of course they would never do that. Got annoying after a while.

As I said, I definitely get it, but lots of people are going to continue to crowd the parks. Might as well set up your expectations and deal with them.

Stevek

http://abc7.com/business/disneyland-increases-prices-on-single-day-tickets/1749688/

No mention of payment plan going away

"In addition to the single-day prices, the SoCal Select, SoCal and Deluxe annual passes will increase between $10 and $20.

The SoCal Select and SoCal passes will increase by $10 each: from $329 to $339 for select and $459 to $469 for SoCal. Deluxe passes will increase from $599 to $619.

Prices for the Signature, Signature Plus and Premiere Passport passes will not change."

Stevek

A guy on MiceChat said he was at the DTD Disney Store last night and the Deluxe Pass was listed at $619. He didn't see what the Signatures were going for.
I imagine they put them out a day early by accident? They are still $599 online.

mickEblu

Well looks like the payment plans aren't going anywhere... for now. I like how we all strategize and pretend Disney wants to lower crowds but then they all they do is raise day ticket prices almost as much as the lower level APs.

As long as they keep one day park hoppers hovering around $200 and APs so affordable they will never thin out the crowds. As a Southern Californian, let me see what's more attractive? An annual pass that I can make payment plans on for less than $400 or a one day park hopper for $170? Anyone annoyed with APs should redirect that energy towards Disney. It's not like people who are about to purchase an AP have lived under a rock their whole lives. They know that for $170 for one day, they re probably not going to get a whole lot of value while battling the crowds... that Disney has created. So we buy an AP and so goes the vicious cycle. The way they are pricing day tickets and the lower tier APs with payment plans, they are basically cornering Southern Californians into buying an AP.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom