NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
this has to be the toughest week of picks yet. Both the scrubs and good team games are hard to pick.
While most of them could go either way, the toughest two for me are DET @ ARI and NE @ IND. Drew Stanton has performed well when needed this season, but I'm not sure if I can trust them to beat Detroit. And the other game is just two good teams fighting it out.

jw24

Everyone picked with me...so everyone will lose. :p

I'm starting Miami's defense in fantasy so they'd better deliver! Though the W-L outcome doesn't exactly matter for my fantasy team except for points conceded! Miami's defense better keep it low and force some turnovers, goshdarnit! I'm in 5th of a 10-team league and I need every win I can get!!

acishere

I'm starting Miami's defense in fantasy so they'd better deliver! Though the W-L outcome doesn't exactly matter for my fantasy team except for points conceded! Miami's defense better keep it low and force some turnovers, goshdarnit! I'm in 5th of a 10-team league and I need every win I can get!!
My opponent has Miami D and I have their kicker. So I need the Bills to really knock down their defense (except Sammy Watkins, my opponent has him!) and to force them to only scoring field goals.

In hindsight I'm questioning why I picked Miami to win when I'm staking so much on them doing poorly.

NYwdwfan

My opponent has Miami D and I have their kicker. So I need the Bills to really knock down their defense (except Sammy Watkins, my opponent has him!) and to force them to only scoring field goals.

In hindsight I'm questioning why I picked Miami to win when I'm staking so much on them doing poorly.

Same reason I pick against the Jets each week. Hedging your emotions. You can find happiness in whatever the outcome.

I think I'm going to try the George Costanza "do the opposite" technique with my picks next week.

Zweiland

Who should I start: Mohamed Sanu vs. NO or Larry Fitz vs. DET?

Right now I'm starting Sanu, in hopes that Dalton will spring back from his primetime failure and throw a lot of passes his way.

I also have Golden Tate and Emmanuel Sanders, and of course I'm starting both of them.

seahawk7

You and me are in the same boat. Last week I had the Panthers defense and they scored -3 points so I lost. I would have won if I started a defense with a bye! So I angrily dropped them for Miami.

seahawk7

Right now I'm starting Sanu, in hopes that Dalton will spring back from his primetime failure and throw a lot of passes his way.

I also have Golden Tate and Emmanuel Sanders, and of course I'm starting both of them.
Both are projected to get around 12 points however with Carson Palmer being out Fitzgerald might be the riskier pick.

Lance

Thats tough, Sanu scared the CRAP out of me last week, did not see that 20 yard performance coming.

I'm sitting him this week, and starting Martavis Bryant.

afar28

The Giants have placed running backs Peyton Hillis and Michael C ox on IR.
The injuries continue..

Last edited:

acishere

It is only the first half of the 1pm games, but Jamaal Charles is about to single handedly knock me out of the playoff hunt in fantasy. :banghead:

cba

So..... 9-7 49ers after another punt by the Giants. I predict that the Giants will get on top briefly, and then bomb out.

Hope I'm wrong though.

afar28

Eli Manning really has reverted to his 2013 self. He had 6 interceptions in the first 9 weeks of the season, and 2 in the past 7..and throws 4 interceptions in this game, and all 4 are totally on him. 3 were drive killers too. Bad game, I don't understand how we are still in it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom