NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Disappointing game for the Pack. I have to admit, the Saints got a lot of lucky bounces, and the refs blew a couple calls. But even then it wouldn't have guaranteed a victory. And Detroit got lucky this morning. Actually, they've gotten lucky the past two weeks. It could very easily be a 4-4 Detroit team today instead of a 6-2.

Dad 2 M & M

Disappointing game for the Pack. I have to admit, the Saints got a lot of lucky bounces, and the refs blew a couple calls. But even then it wouldn't have guaranteed a victory. And Detroit got lucky this morning. Actually, they've gotten lucky the past two weeks. It could very easily be a 4-4 Detroit team today instead of a 6-2.
Detroit played Atlanta...your freebee is coming soon...

Flower'sChild

Well the Cowboys just did not have a good game tonight. I am upset that we lost, however I am not worried because we are still 6-2. Now if we go 6-4 or 7-5 over the next couple weeks then I will start to get worried that Dallas is going back to being an average team.

You know before the regular season started I said that I thought the Cowboys would go 6-10. So the Cowboys just need to win one more game to do better than I thought they would do. I think they will easily do that.

Also why are people always so surprised when a bad NFL team beats a good NFL team? Don't they understand that all 32 NFL teams are very very good and that any NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given day? You take one of the best NFL teams and one of the worst NFL teams and there really is not much difference between them. A lot of people seem to be acting like the Redskins beating the Cowboys is a big upset. I don't really see where it's that big of an upset since it's hard to beat any NFL team especially if it's a division rival.

Flower'sChild

Another thing is I think the Cowboys should've left Brandon Weeden in the game. I understand that Tony Romo is a better quarterback, however Romo did not look as good as he does when he is not hurt and Weeden was doing good. That is why I think it might've been better if they would've left Brandon Weeden in the game.

NYwdwfan

3 words: New York Jets

sorry
@NYwdwfan ;)

:hilarious: No apologies necessary.

Also why are people always so surprised when a bad NFL team beats a good NFL team? Don't they understand that all 32 NFL teams are very very good and that any NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given day? You take one of the best NFL teams and one of the worst NFL teams and there really is not much difference between them. A lot of people seem to be acting like the Redskins beating the Cowboys is a big upset. I don't really see where it's that big of an upset since it's hard to beat any NFL team especially if it's a division rival.

There is an enormous talent differential between teams like the Seahawks, Broncos, Patriots and Packers and teams like the Jaguars, Raiders and the Jets. Yes - anything can happen on any day - and there are external factors that can affect the game as well, such as weather, off the field drama, etc. But a team like the Jets beating the Patriots, while the game was close, would have been a surprise. Every game is not an exact match-up, or people would be making a killing on those large spreads in Vegas.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
Some news from today:

- The Rams trade the Bucs for S Mark Barron.

- Champ Bailey announced his retirement via his agent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom