New water-side restaurant 'Spice Road Table' coming to Epcot's Morocco Pavilion?

Genie of the Lamp

Mini bump. Mouseplanet.com took this picture of the Spice Road Table construction site showing that the water wheel is the only element remaining of the former shop and gardens at the edge of the Morocco Pavilion.

Edit: A few menu items to suggest for this place: 1. Creamy lobster tarragon salad over baby greens with a lemon oil drizzle 2. Fried pork potstickers with a teriyaki dipping sauce 3.Tempura cauliflower on a bed of tomato vodka cream sauce

BoarderPhreak

Mini bump. Mouseplanet.com took this picture of the Spice Road Table construction site showing that the water wheel is the only element remaining of the former shop and gardens at the edge of the Morocco Pavilion.
Man, I JUST took pictures of this area... Glad they kept the wheel at least, sheesh.

I like the repurposing of some of the Tangierine Cafe indoor seating back into a market.
Eek, no. There's enough retail in Morocco. It'd be one thing if there were more variety, but it's already a bit too... Homogenous. Besides, the TC is sweet - they have shawarma!

HTF

Photos from today

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

dreamfinder

Eek, no. There's enough retail in Morocco. It'd be one thing if there were more variety, but it's already a bit too... Homogenous. Besides, the TC is sweet - they have shawarma!

I love the TC as well. But I'd rather see then move a few tables out instead of sticking another pre-fab kiosk in the area to sell the merch out of. Which I think would have been their alternative over selling no merch.

michmousefan

Surprised to see how quickly they are moving with demo. When is the proposed opening of this new joint? December? Would love to see something open by the time of F&W, but I suppose that's asking a bit much.

HTF

Surprised to see how quickly they are moving with demo. When is the proposed opening of this new joint? December? Would love to see something open by the time of F&W, but I suppose that's asking a bit much.

Well it's a restaurant so for some reason Disney takes care of these quickly, unlike attractions which are spread out over multiple fiscal years...

luv

I'd just like to say, again, how disappointed I am about this. Not only is Morocco my favorite pavilion, but the WS is my favorite place to walk around and take in. It's relatively flat, it's round and its pretty. And they're ruining the pretty.

Having less pretty view is bad. Making the WS feel cramped and crowded is bad.

It's just all so bad. And I think that in the end, all this building will hurt Epcot, even if it sells a few meals now. People will come to think of the WS as that cramped, busy place they'd rather avoid than as a lovely place to visit.

IMO.

Nmoody1

T
I'd just like to say, again, how disappointed I am about this. Not only is Morocco my favorite pavilion, but the WS is my favorite place to walk around and take in. It's relatively flat, it's round and its pretty. And they're ruining the pretty.

Having less pretty view is bad. Making the WS feel cramped and crowded is bad.

It's just all so bad. And I think that in the end, all this building will hurt Epcot, even if it sells a few meals now. People will come to think of the WS as that cramped, busy place they'd rather avoid than as a lovely place to visit.

IMO.
he whole charm of Moroccan souks is that it's cramped - tiny alleyways leading onto hidden treasures.

I don't think a restaurant will make the promenade any more cramped than before - given that its on the site of a former shop and the water area

aladdin2007

My only concern is if it blocks the view of the pavilion itelf,,,its not one of the larger pavilions to begin with, and if the view from across the water is just a new blocky building blocking the pavilion, well that i dont like. This sorta happened with Mexico, its not thay bad I guess but its not that great either all you see is that dome.

Figments Friend

We will just have to trust that the folks designing this new dining location will keep it in theme with the rest of the wonderfully detailed Morocco Pavillion as a whole. It would be dissapointing to see it just be another rectangular box sitting by the lagoon, blocking the fantastic themed buildings behind it...ala Mexico.

We shall see....

dreamfinder

Well it's a restaurant so for some reason Disney takes care of these quickly, unlike attractions which are spread out over multiple fiscal years...

Not their money. So of course they will make it happen fast. No rent or percentage of sales (however WDW gets paid by 3rd parties) if its not open.

Is that the one that sold the belly dancer outfits? My wife will be happy it's gone if so. I was always trying to get her to buy the pink one!

Yes. But, they also sell them in the marketplace back in the pavillion. Even have a dressing room if I remember correctly to try them on.....

WDWFigment

We were in World Showcase over the weekend, and this area was an awful bottleneck (similar to Mexico). I can only imagine how it will be when World Showcase is actually busy...

So at least we have that to look forward to!!!

Prototype82

Edit: A few menu items to suggest for this place: 1. Creamy lobster tarragon salad over baby greens with a lemon oil drizzle 2. Fried pork potstickers with a teriyaki dipping sauce 3.Tempura cauliflower on a bed of tomato vodka cream sauce
My water wheel :)

bhg469

I can't tell if this edit is sarcasm or not. I'm sorry if I took that the wrong way but you will not find pork in most Mediterranean or middle eastern food, as well as lobster or alcohol in food. Besides teriyaki and tempura are at home a different pavilion. Cauliflower however, right at home.

Tom

Beta Return
I can't tell if this edit is sarcasm or not. I'm sorry if I took that the wrong way but you will not find pork in most Mediterranean or middle eastern food, as well as lobster or alcohol in food. Besides teriyaki and tempura are at home a different pavilion. Cauliflower however, right at home.

Blech! I like Genie's menu better than cauliflower and no pork/alcohol :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom