New Tshirts at Epcot

Jekyll_Baker

I like them all, esp. the MMC one and the brown one.

Is it just me, or does the blue one look like someone erected a chainlink fence around Cindy's castle?

EpcotServo

I like number 3. Should get it since I do love monorails. The fourth one is so messed up though. A: Disneyland's castle for a WDW-centric item. B: What's with the Mickey explosion? He's come aflame!

:lol:

cymbaldiva

My cousin is at Epcot as we speak ( lucky guy! ) and he is having trouble locating the monorail shirts - does anyone know what shops he should be looking in?

dxwwf3

I will certainly be getting the brown retro Walt Disney World logo shirt if it is still around this summer. And I would probably get the Spanish Monorail if it wasn't for the Disneyland castle. It just doesn't fit :)

At least they are trying.

Main Street USA

Hmmmm, not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it's also supposed to be "mantenganse" not "mantengase." They've missed an "n." I got the translation when I made these over two years ago straight from Maria of these boards, and I'm pretty darn sure she knows her own language.

Not to mention the wrong castle is in the background. I think those are two pretty big and bad mistakes, there. The general design idea is decent, but......come on.

The others are sweet.

DDuckFan130

Hmmmm, not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it's also supposed to be "mantenganse" not "mantengase." They've missed an "n." I got the translation for these over two years ago straight from Maria of these boards, and I'm pretty darn sure she knows her own language.

Not to mention the wrong castle is in the background. I think those are two pretty big and bad mistakes, there. The general design idea is decent, but......come on.

The others are sweet.
You're right...it is spelled wrong :)

Without the n it just sounds odd.

Moustronaut

Hmmmm, not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it's also supposed to be "mantenganse" not "mantengase." They've missed an "n." I got the translation when I made these over two years ago straight from Maria of these boards, and I'm pretty darn sure she knows her own language.The others are sweet.

mantengar is "to maintain"

mantenga and mantengan are the 3rd person singular and 3rd person plural forms of the verb. the little i remember from my high school spanish, commands are usually given the 3rd person singular tense.:veryconfu

But given how many people can't spell in english, I wouldn't put it past them. I'm sure everyone remembers how Space Mountain was "out of this would"!

DDuckFan130

mantengar is "to maintain"

mantenga and mantengan are the 3rd person singular and 3rd person plural forms of the verb. the little i remember from my high school spanish, commands are usually given the 3rd person singular tense.:veryconfu

But given how many people can't spell in english, I wouldn't put it past them. I'm sure everyone remembers how Space Mountain was "out of this would"!
:lol:

Mantengar is not a word.

The word is mantener.

krankenstein

Are these shirts only available at Epcot, or throughout the resort?

I ask b/c I am going in Dec. but I wont have enough time to visit all 4 parks.

Champion

Not according to people who live in Mexico and speak the language as their first.

Well, I apologize to Maria, but shes wrong. The extra 'n' would be basically double pluralizing the word. That way its basically saying
'Please you everyone stand clear of the doors.' (Not really, but trying to get my point across easier)

BTW, I also asked a native speaker, and this was the explanation I was given.

DDuckFan130

Well, I apologize to Maria, but shes wrong. The extra 'n' would be basically double pluralizing the word. That way its basically saying
'Please you everyone stand clear of the doors.' (Not really, but trying to get my point across easier)

BTW, I also asked a native speaker, and this was the explanation I was given.
I double checked and you are indeed correct Champion.

My mom is a native Nicaraguan and a nut for grammar, and she told me the shirt is correct.

jasondiff

The T-shirt designers probably just looked at the pin:
pin27530

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom