New Star Wars Fireworks Show - 'Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular'

doctornick

Im pretty sure that's the point. This new show allows them to have a fireworks show without having to close down half the park.

Question: was it just the low pyro that was the issue with closing the back of the park? Those were shot off of the building in the park, right?

I'm wondering if they could have kept the main launch site in the back corner of the park (which doesn't look like it will be used for Star Wars land) for the fireworks and not had to close things down.

RSoxNo1

Main issue aside from symmetry appears to be sight lines and size of viewing area.

Technically it seems very good.
Disney building something with insufficient capacity? I don't buy it. This is the same company that recently added capacity to Dumbo, Soarin' and Toy Story Mania. I highly doubt they'd be so short sighted to create new capacity problems.

surfsupdon

Thank you! I knew I couldn't be the only one who is "one and done" with "Fantasmic!" On top of the unoriginal and involving presentation, the seats are terrible!
Who said I was one and done??! We didn't even finish the show. My parents, sister, and I walked out before it was over to get another ride on Tower. And we lucked out bc we got to ride 2 more times.

Haha, glad we are not the only ones.

DisneyRoy

Who said I was one and done??! We didn't even finish the show. My parents, sister, and I walked out before it was over to get another ride on Tower. And we lucked out bc we got to ride 2 more times.

Haha, glad we are not the only ones.

Me too! Last time we went it had been like 10 years since I had seen Fantasmic so we sat and watched it. Now I figure I'm good for another 10 years. Not my cup of tea.

Unomas

Saw the show a few nights ago. It was really amazing. Shoots right to the top of my night-time WDW shows. The smoke projection was particularly amazing.

HauntedMansionFLA

Is the fireworks show every night? We will be going in December and I assume they will be pushing Rogue One big tine since the Osborne lights are gone. Hence, fireworks every night.

dvitali

It was announced during last night Fourth of July web cast that Star Wars fireworks will be live stream on Monday night July 18. Wonder where they will set up the cameras?

KirstyLou

I'm sure someone has asked this already - so apologies in advance!

Is it possible to get to / run from Fantasmic to the Star Wars firework show? We go in September (my brother, his fiance and myself), and I'm wondering whether we do that or park hop on another evening to ensure that we get to see both comfortably.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm sure someone has asked this already - so apologies in advance!

Is it possible to get to / run from Fantasmic to the Star Wars firework show? We go in September (my brother, his fiance and myself), and I'm wondering whether we do that or park hop on another evening to ensure that we get to see both comfortably.
It is really tight. If you want to see both without all the hassle of trying to make it, split it into two days.

Next Big Thing

Or how about just not rely on projections? Anyone can watch movie clips anytime, anywhere. People can't see large scale firework shows in many places. That is what they should be concentrating on.
The show is incredibly enjoyable though. The problem is simply lack of fireworks. No one complains about the projections during DL Forever because you can see clips whenever. The show simply needs more fireworks, but I still thoroughly enjoy it as is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom