New Star Wars Fireworks Show - 'Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular'

MDactor1980

Question: Is this show planned to end at the end of summer? I noticed on the HS Disneyparks website lists times for the show up to Saturday, 9/24/2016 - but there are no more times listed into October.

(We arrive in Disney on 9/27. Are we literally going to be 3 days too late!?)

Last edited:

MDactor1980

They'll be added at a later date. Keep checking
Thanks!! I only just now saw details into September, so I was hesitantly optimistic for October dates, but didn't know if any end dates had been announced. As long as we know it's not likely to end anytime soon, I'm happy to keep checking back!

yankspy

Having just seen this show last week from the hub, it is badass. It is heavily projection based but you have lasers shooting out from the projections and when the emperor shoots lightning at the crowd the Lightning is projected onto the trees and such so it looks like it's in 3D. You also get to hear the infamous Vader breathing in surround sound which is really cool. The pyro can use some work as said but the rest of the show makes up for it.

HauntedMansionFLA

Having just seen this show last week from the hub, it is badass. It is heavily projection based but you have lasers shooting out from the projections and when the emperor shoots lightning at the crowd the Lightning is projected onto the trees and such so it looks like it's in 3D. You also get to hear the infamous Vader breathing in surround sound which is really cool. The pyro can use some work as said but the rest of the show makes up for it.
Best locations to watch the show? Sounds like a cool show.

Jones14

Best locations to watch the show? Sounds like a cool show.
Dead center in front of the two projection towers is the best place to watch it. Barring that, the further left you are, the better, as you can see the fireworks and whatever projection spaces are in view without having to crane your neck in the opposite direction.

Resist the urge to join the crowd at the beginning as they push up against the stage. As long as you're in front of those two towers, standing a little farther away from the theater makes it easier to take in the other projections and pyrotechnics.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, September 23. From the "in case you hadn't noticed" file......a few of the original sycamore trees to the right of the Chinese Theatre were "topped" to allow projections for the new Star Wars fireworks show which opened this summer. The "topped" trees were unnatural and unhealthy for the trees. Now, those trees have been replaced with smaller, younger trees that have a natural shape, and are shorter to permit the projections from being blocked by the trees.

IMG_8370.JPG

JohnD

Thank you. Have been stalking the website and waiting for everything after November 5th. Hey at least that gave up until my birthday squared away!

Dessert Parties don't yet show up for those three days in November (11/2, 11/4, 11/5). I'm hopping over from Epcot on 11/2 to see the fireworks. I already have a 10pm ADR for Beaches and Cream anyway, so I'll just get a good spot to watch early. (I actually went Labor Day weekend but it got rained out. Fireworks and audio but no projections. Grr).

prfctlyximprct

Dessert Parties don't yet show up for those three days in November (11/2, 11/4, 11/5). I'm hopping over from Epcot on 11/2 to see the fireworks. I already have a 10pm ADR for Beaches and Cream anyway, so I'll just get a good spot to watch early. (I actually went Labor Day weekend but it got rained out. Fireworks and audio but no projections. Grr).
Mmm beaches and cream! I'm planning to see it November 11th, it's a Friday so in hoping they have it that day! The park currently closes at 7 and has EMH from 7-9 so I'm doing my cmon fireworks happy dance! Have a 920 ADR at narcoosees that evening, hoping I can do fantasmic, fireworks, and dinner but only time will tell!!! :)

JohnD

Mmm beaches and cream! I'm planning to see it November 11th, it's a Friday so in hoping they have it that day! The park currently closes at 7 and has EMH from 7-9 so I'm doing my cmon fireworks happy dance! Have a 920 ADR at narcoosees that evening, hoping I can do fantasmic, fireworks, and dinner but only time will tell!!! :)

Good luck! If you get to see the fireworks, I think you need to get to a bus ASAP for GF. I've had waits as long as 40 minutes. Hopefully you won't have that long. If not, you arrive early and can just monorail hop and check out the other resorts until your ADR at Narcooses.

prfctlyximprct

Good luck! If you get to see the fireworks, I think you need to get to a bus ASAP for GF. I've had waits as long as 40 minutes. Hopefully you won't have that long. If not, you arrive early and can just monorail hop and check out the other resorts until your ADR at Narcooses.
Yes I am pretty nervous about the timing of it all... if they would release the dang schedule already I could decide if I should keep or drop my ADR.. ugh!!!! Really don't want to have to pick out TWO more restaurants lol

MKeeler

A random question for those more knowledgeable than I - I understand the reasons why fireworks directly centered behind the Chinese Theater are impractical and problematic, but would it be possible for a new fireworks launch site to be mirrored on the left of the theater, so that while the fireworks would not be centered, they could be balanced?

ToTBellHop

A random question for those more knowledgeable than I - I understand the reasons why fireworks directly centered behind the Chinese Theater are impractical and problematic, but would it be possible for a new fireworks launch site to be mirrored on the left of the theater, so that while the fireworks would not be centered, they could be balanced?
Sounds expensive.

Maybe for NYE.

MKeeler

Sounds expensive.

Maybe for NYE.

Oh, undoubtedly expensive, but in thinking through potential upgrades to this show and future planning whatever would follow, it got me wondering if there were limitations to this other than financial limitations. To me, if there are no other issues with a mirrored launch site, that would be the next step to round out the nighttime spectacular capabilities, if a true rear centered launch site is impractical due to the fallout region in what will be the most popular sections of the park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

If they were willing to come up with an alternative location for the parking expansion they could in theory add a second launch site, although I don't see them doing this.

upload_2016-9-23_20-38-13.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom