News New Space Mountain Coming to Tokyo Disneyland in 2027

BrianLo

Optics of its look aside, space mountain is placed too close to the end of the Tomorrowland entry and is a concrete plaza waste land. Pushing it back and the retooled plaza are major improvements.

Retooling to the Guardians platform needs more space and also makes a lot of sense. Guardians after all is at its core a modern, superior version of Space.

Poor Florida’s attraction has had a weird few years. Not only has a better version of it been built in Epcot, another parks modern take (Tron) was also placed next door. It’s been a weird 1-2 punch for an attraction that should have been re-tracked a decade ago.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I disagree and thinks the new sm looks incredible with its raised entrance platforms like tron....I hope it comes to the states
As if.

Anyway, some perspective (literally):

IMG_0064.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I disagree and thinks the new sm looks incredible with its raised entrance platforms like tron....I hope it comes to the states
Thankfully, your opinion is not even remotely considered because those in charge know better. For once.

Is there anything Disney does that you do not love?

Vegas Disney Fan

So it’s just going to be the same size? Also, my issue is that they could have come up with something more true to the OG space mountain, the facade for the new one looks like whipped cream.
I wonder if it’ll have a second show building behind it, very odd they didn’t gut and reuse the original since it does look very similar in size.

bsod

Has anyone got news of what coaster will be in there for the new Space Mountain? TDL needs a launch coaster tbh.

BrianLo

So it’s just going to be the same size? Also, my issue is that they could have come up with something more true to the OG space mountain, the facade for the new one looks like whipped cream.

You can see the concrete slab behind it. The wing as it were. It maintains some of the shape from the guest facing lens, but has essentially doubled in size with the back show building grafted onto it.

Word is that OLC are fans of Cosmic Rewind. Not that that proves anything.

I thought that was already confirmed? Same platform as Cosmic Rewind.

DisneyDean97

Has anyone got news of what coaster will be in there for the new Space Mountain? TDL needs a launch coaster tbh.
If they're using Cosmic Rewinds ride system, I can't seem them not using a launch; even if its a slow incline launch ( or push) like Cosmic Rewind does before the helix around the moon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom