News New Space Mountain Coming to Tokyo Disneyland in 2027

SweetDuffy101

Rumor but take this as a grain of salt.

from what I heard that entertainers for parades and shows might return in Tokyo Disney Resort sometime this summer, Meaning We might see a full version of Dreaming Up! and Dreamlights.

And the much highly anticipated Believe! Sea of Dreams might debuting after 20th anniversary ends.

With Mickey magical Music world set to go on a major refurbishment this year rumor has it that, When they debuted the show the format was in Pandemic mode and once the refurb is done the show will have its original choreography intended post pandemic, I havent heard anything about Club mouse Beats choreography nor lets party gras return as of this moment.

Side note here as Dreamlights drum float has been broken for multiple occasions since april and float really needs to be changed. it has been parading the route since 2001.

Married5Times

So, From What ive heard is that OLC executives went to WDW to check on GOTG: Cosmic Rewind,
I believe every bit of it.......

because I have a first-hand account of something somewhat relevant.

years back at California Adventure I was queuing for Tower of Terror and I noticed Japanese "suits" (presumably OLC personnel)present observing the attraction and perhaps more than triple the number of bellhops needed to operate the ride, dominated by Japanese.

this happened well before Hightower Tower of Terror Disney Sea's arrival.

Married5Times

The bellhop uniforms intrigued me.
I remember reading(and I could not verify its truth) about that those uniforms before my visit that day. I read that they were exceptionally expensive, as in deep into the hundreds of dollars for an outfit and this was back in the early 2000's . And yet there must have been 9 or 10 Japanese fully "bellhopped", mostly just standing around watching the pre loading of elevators/number and row assignments as if being trained by states side Disney cast while the suits were moving around on a tour.

if those uniforms were indeed super expensive then that was a lot of money just to demonstrate and get a hands-on taste of operations.

Comped

The bellhop uniforms intrigued me.
I remember reading(and I could not verify its truth) about that those uniforms before my visit that day. I read that they were exceptionally expensive, as in deep into the hundreds of dollars for an outfit and this was back in the early 2000's . And yet there must have been 9 or 10 Japanese fully "bellhopped", mostly just standing around watching the pre loading of elevators/number and row assignments as if being trained by states side Disney cast while the suits were moving around on a tour.

if those uniforms were indeed super expensive then that was a lot of money just to demonstrate and get a hands-on taste of operations.
100% something Tokyo does. Remember these are the kinds of people that caused the panic by Disney executives because they had received reports that the lights were brighter on MSEP then stateside. Come to find out OLC just kept replacing the light bulbs before they burnt out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
100% something Tokyo does. Remember these are the kinds of people that caused the panic by Disney executives because they had received reports that the lights were brighter on MSEP then stateside. Come to find out OLC just kept replacing the light bulbs before they burnt out.
Zoomer: How does a light simply "burn out"??

DCBaker

Premium Member
Nighttime Concept art -

i3u8uly2l3yfe8iuhj1yu3tr8fiw.jpg

Supersnow84

I’d argue that’s all collectively “retro futuristic” which is what most of the Tomorrowland’s have fallen into

WDW having the most visible space almost brings a gothic styling into the area and speedway doesn’t fit either the retro futuristic of the main plaza or the gothic space, plus tron sticks out like a sore thumb

Shanghai is really the only one with a fully thematically cohesive Tomorrowland

SweetDuffy101

the sample yard of Space mountain hidden somewhere in Japan away from guests to see.

According to sources new Space mountain facade has been sitting there since late 2020. meaning this project has been active years before it was announced.

That means beyond Rivers of America/Critter Country where balloon testings were spotted few years back are on its blue sky phase and announcement to be made around 2026-ish.

I don’t mean to be rude to OLC, but the redesigned Space looks AWFUL in my opinion, I would have just updated Tomorrowland as a whole and keep the current structure in place. Stupid move if you ask me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom