New Park Maps?

Cesar R M

It inside due to the Florida weather. Why does being inside matter? Disney sought to feature the rising stage of Disneyland's Tomorrowland Terrace at the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland Terrace.
the materials used, the techonlogy.
I suspect a covered rising stage doesn't need to "weatherproof" every part.
Specially when it can rain insanely thanks to hurricanes.

lazyboy97o

the materials used, the techonlogy.
I suspect a covered rising stage doesn't need to "weatherproof" every part.
Specially when it can rain insanely thanks to hurricanes.
That's nothing insurmountable. It's just how it seals at the ground when lowered. The issue is more the daily summer rains. People don't tend to like sitting in the rain while eating.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It inside due to the Florida weather. Why does being inside matter? Disney sought to feature the rising stage of Disneyland's Tomorrowland Terrace at the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland Terrace.

It only matters from the point of view I was going for, for if Disney wanted to keep having a stage in front of GMR.

Didn't know that about Sonny Eclipse !

wdrive

With today's technology, why not make it rise out of the ground and when the show is over it lowers back into the ground with the top of the stage fitting perfectly on the ground? o-o

Disneyland's Tomorrowland Terrace stage has been doing this for years and years, I believe since 1967.

doctornick

So, getting to the issue at hand... is there going to be a "permanent" stage in front of GMR? And is that stage going to be a rising stage that would be underground when not in use?

I'm confused as to what the actual plans are for DHS in this regard.

lazyboy97o

So, getting to the issue at hand... is there going to be a "permanent" stage in front of GMR? And is that stage going to be a rising stage that would be underground when not in use?

I'm confused as to what the actual plans are for DHS in this regard.
A rising stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios would probably be a lot of work since there is not an existing basement underneath the hub. If anything, it would probably be out at all times like the stage setup at the Magic Kingdom. I do not believe any permits have been posted regarding such extensive construction, but that would come later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom