New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I think from the recent pictures that there is going to seating for this show. I am so glad to see this. The only thing I did not like about World of Color was that I had to stand so long waiting and watching the show. The same for Fantasmic! at Disneyland.

sponono88

I wonder if they can use the fireball effect that is now in WOC. They might not be able to because of the animals.

It's essentially a giant flamethrower that shoots a huge fireball into the sky. Very impressive, and makes the illuminations fire barge seem dated.

I hope they keep this effect after the Celebrate version of WOC ends

11429546_1605723059705423_1087177616_n.jpg

ToTBellHop

I think from the recent pictures that there is going to seating for this show. I am so glad to see this. The only thing I did not like about World of Color was that I had to stand so long waiting and watching the show. The same for Fantasmic! at Disneyland.
I agree it will be nice for viewers, but I hope it isn't too hideous during the daytime.

HauntedMansionFLA

There is no thread for this but I am looking forward to the projections they showed at D23 on the ToL!!!! This park is almost there! !!!
Will the leaves on the ToL light up at night? I know they replaced all of them and the artist drawings made it look over the top - glow in the dark type lighting.

Sage of Time

I wonder if they can use the fireball effect that is now in WOC. They might not be able to because of the animals.

It's essentially a giant flamethrower that shoots a huge fireball into the sky. Very impressive, and makes the illuminations fire barge seem dated.
And here I was, thinking that 15 year old tech did a much more impressive job of creating a blaze and sustaining it than DCA's 3 second blast of WOW HOW TALL. lol.

DisneyGentleman

And here I was, thinking that 15 year old tech did a much more impressive job of creating a blaze and sustaining it than DCA's 3 second blast of WOW HOW TALL. lol.
Well 500 gallons of propane can do that.

DCA produces a coherent fireball that is very impressive to see (and feel).

Feed 500 gallons into those, and it will really wow the crowd.

Sage of Time

I think DCA shoots 3-5 fireballs (lost count), so it's somewhat longer than "a 3 second thing".
Three. Two in Star Wars, one at the finale. I think.

But they're each about 3 seconds and not in proximity to each other. So, yeah, literally, a flash in the pan. It's impressive, but it doesn't last. Save for a smoke ring that ridiculously hangs about DCA and DL for about an hour afterword.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Aug 25. Behind Flame Tree Barbecue, at the river's edge, the low structures for show support now has "rock work" at the water level.

IMG_6037.JPG

The primary show support building is getting larger and taller.

IMG_6034.JPG

The reconfiguration of the old Expedition Everest Fastpass building continues, with a new single story concrete block building now appearing over the construction wall (left side of photo).

IMG_6033.JPG

Last edited:

hollikee01

I think it will be really cool to watch Rivers of Light while riding Expedition Everest! To the poster that said opening should be in March.......Was this a guess? I have read nothing about that date, but would be excited if it was true!

Next Big Thing

I think it will be really cool to watch Rivers of Light while riding Expedition Everest! To the poster that said opening should be in March.......Was this a guess? I have read nothing about that date, but would be excited if it was true!
Steve (@wdwmagic) has mentioned it himself multiple times before and at D23 they did announce a Spring debut so March would seem to jive with that for now.

As a recent comparison for entertainment debuts, Festival of Fantasy debuted on March 6, 2014. With spring break crowds, it makes sense they'd want to debut it for that time frame. At WDW, literally the entirety of March is Spring Break.

twebber55

Steve (@wdwmagic) has mentioned it himself multiple times before and at D23 they did announce a Spring debut so March would seem to jive with that for now.

As a recent comparison for entertainment debuts, Festival of Fantasy debuted on March 6, 2014. With spring break crowds, it makes sense they'd want to debut it for that time frame. At WDW, literally the entirety of March is Spring Break.
and im assuming we see the night safari to open in a similar time frame allowing DAK to stay open a little later...at least 8 maybe 9 o Clock
im really interested in seeing how A. DAK handles the night time crowds and B. how crowded it will be before Pandora opens

probably a good idea these openings are staggered

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom