New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't there one that faces away from the Tree of Life and towards EE? From Asia?

You can see the two seating areas here with the rough direction they face, so Everest would be hard to see.

Capture.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Sept 4. For several days, these tinted and textured concrete blocks have been positioned onto the "stepped" seating area for the Rivers of Light. In this photo, a large crane is lowering one into position. Most of the seating area to the left has already been outfitted with these blocks.

IMG_6081.JPG

The main "show building" construction is progressing.

IMG_6079.JPG

Sped2424

Is anyone else thinking this is going to be an operational nightmare given the lack of seating? I mean look at fantasmic's seating and compare that to this :confused:

COProgressFan

Is anyone else thinking this is going to be an operational nightmare given the lack of seating? I mean look at fantasmic's seating and compare that to this :confused:

I don't know if it will be a "nightmare", but yes it will be crowded and there will likely be multiple shows per night.

If they have any sense, they'll talk to their west coast colleagues and take what they've learned from putting on World of Color successfully for quite a few years now.

Sped2424

I don't know if it will be a "nightmare", but yes it will be crowded and there will likely be multiple shows per night.

If they have any sense, they'll talk to their west coast colleagues and take what they've learned from putting on World of Color successfully for quite a few years now.
Have you seen just the line that is created before they let folks into fantasmic? Even with 2 shows a night? And while talking to disneyland about how to manage a nighttime show is nice operationally east and west function in different ways of handling these types of events due to the guests pop that go see them. I think they are building themselves into a problem giving the viewing of this thing. Time will tell though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There's still a lot of room behind the seating area. Maybe they will have 'standing' room there?

Yeah, I am hoping there are still plans to build more seating or standing area back there.

I did some quick measurements and it currently looks like there is about 0.2 acres of seating for this. In comparison Fantasmic has over 1 acre.

djkidkaz

There is standing room all around the lagoon. The seating could be fast pass only? I'll be curious to see how they keep traffic flowing around Asia with people staking out spots an hour before and whatnot.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is standing room all around the lagoon. The seating could be fast pass only? I'll be curious to see how they keep traffic flowing around Asia with people staking out spots an hour before and whatnot.

How much space is there around that lagoon that has a clear view? I seem to remember that it's not quite as open a view as the World Showcase Lagoon.

tirian

It will require a FP like WoC at DCA. I hope WDW wisely chooses to make the FP independent of the others, the same way DCA does it. Otherwise, I'm going to be standing in lines all day because my precious third FP is holding a spot for that show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom