New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

djkidkaz

I think it's interesting how Disney spread out DAK's three nighttime offerings. ROL in Asia, nighttime safaris in Africa and pandora at the front of the park. This should definitely help disperse the crowds. I'm wondering if pandora will have some sort of nightly event to light up the area at a specific time every evening?

flyerjab

I think it's interesting how Disney spread out DAK's three nighttime offerings. ROL in Asia, nighttime safaris in Africa and pandora at the front of the park. This should definitely help disperse the crowds. I'm wondering if pandora will have some sort of nightly event to light up the area at a specific time every evening?

If I am not mistaken, there should also be some type of live entertainment that is new for Discovery Island.

Sage of Time

Most likely they plants and lights will come on.

Also, don't forget about the new show on the Tree of Life.

Bairstow

really? wow.....that seems a tad much.

That's what they do at California Adventure.

P1i5e_On.jpg

wdwfan757

They close all of paradise pier though. Even the rides where no one would conceivably screaming. This is akin to shutting down ToT during fantasmic at DHS. Just because of some background screams?

doctornick

If I am not mistaken, there should also be some type of live entertainment that is new for Discovery Island.

Yes, there's been a lot of hinted entertainment. It's not clear to me if these are supposed to be coordinated shows or multiple independant events:

1. Rivers of Light
2. Projections on the ToL (part of RoL vs a separate show like Celebrate the Magic?)
3. Live performances on Discovery Island in front of the ToL

Plus there's also rumors of live entertainment in Pandora when that opens (some sort of "drum" show). I think Disney realizes they need to beef up the offerings to make DAK work well with the extended offerings. And multiple shows will help to spread out crowds

doctornick

The rides in paradise pier close during World of Color because all of the lighting in that area of the park has to be turned off for the show. Not because of concerns about noise.

So, are you thinking that EE will not close during RoL? I could kind of see it either way, but it would be tough to lose a signature ride for the park during much of the nighttime hours (I would assume RoL will typically have 2 shows each night).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom