New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

Yep, your almost at your 60 day mark. It sucks you can't get confirmation on ROL being up and running when you are there. We have one night planned for December to see the night time entertainment. DAK is really cool at night. We would do the evening EMH a few years back and the park takes on totally different vibe. Hang in there.

Even if ROL isn't up and running, I hope they keep the park open past 6! AK is my favorite, and i would love to see it in th dark! Last time I did was in 2006 :(

Cesar R M

Yo, let a bigwig chime in here and rectify the situation whilst providing clarity. Disney - I'm going to be in your heavily themed animal park on 10/17/2016.

^^ What I've done here is pretty much guarantee a Saturday 10/15 opening. They know I'll want all the slack jawed locals from the weekend cleared out for my Monday night showing. Plus, it gives them a couple of days to work out the final kinks for yours truly.
damn george, I didnt know you were running a mommy blogger ;)

TTA94

Maybe someone can confirm but I heard of two issues they are trying to fix. One has to do with the main lotus not operating correctly and the other is performer safety on the boats.. Possibly resulting in the boats becoming stationary instead of moving around the lagoon like originally intended.

oceanbreeze77

Maybe someone can confirm but I heard of two issues they are trying to fix. One has to do with the main lotus not operating correctly and the other is performer safety on the boats.. Possibly resulting in the boats becoming stationary instead of moving around the lagoon like originally intended.
those dont sound like issues with quick resolutions :jawdrop:

Magic Feather

Heard performer saftey already has its solution, and that the Lotus is a minor problem that would not make or break the show.

No Name

October closing for AK has just been extended to 8:30 PM for most nights.

Interesting?

Not hugely interesting, I don't believe.

What was the closing time listed at before? 6:00? 5:30? Whatever time was listed before was pretty much assumed to be just a filler. Basically, 6:00 or whatever was last October's closing time, and Disney just updated it to 8:30 for this year.

They did the same thing a few weeks ago for September, extending the cloing time from 6:00 (I think) to 9:00.

What I find a tad bit disappointing is that the park is closing half an hour earlier in October than September, and there will be little time for nighttime activities. Does the sun even fully go down by 8:30? But on the bright side, it's multiple hours later than last year, and so I can't complain.

Magic Feather

If that's the case I don't know what's still holding up the opening... For it to be another month and a half, possibly longer from what some people are saying... There must be some major issue unresolved.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
What was that again?

Magic Feather

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
What was that again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom