New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

dreamscometrue

Crowd level low? I guess it would be hard for families with small children to get up early in the morning to do the early DAK.
Yes. We have always arrived just before 8am, and typically do Everest 3 times in a row, then on to Primeval Whirl once or twice and Dinosaur. We then go straight to Kilimanjaro Safari to ride. When that's done it's about 9:30am and we've had a great start to the day. :) We used to get paper fastpasses just before getting on the safari, but if we don't plan to visit another park that day, we'll book some FP+for after lunch...some combination of Everest, Kali and another safari. Of course we take in all the shows (Lion King, Nemo, Flights of Wonder, Tough to be a Bug), atmospheric entertainment, walk the trails and go to Rafiki's Planet Watch, eat. etc. I've said this on these boards many times, but DAK has always been a full day for us. We really slow down as the day goes on and take in everything. We do the Wilderness Explorers activities too. And yes, our whole family is adult aged. :) Adding Pandora and night entertainment is really plussing the park for us.

Minnie Mum

Won't attendance be down now that the summer is over? They probably closed it now to save money since the parks won't be as full anyways.

I see this same theory floated as an excuse for so many off season cuts. And it really ticks me off. ( Not the theory, the cuts). If you are only going to offer certain entertainment seasonally, then SAY SO. Have the courtesy of informing your guests when they are planning their visits, that they, the guests, just aren't worth it because the projected crowd level is a 5 instead of a 7.

If they are supposed to be trying so hard to spread out the crowds, and if they are supposed to be trying to encourage people to visit AK at night, why are they reducing evening entertainment? If they want guests in the park, one would think they'd want to get ROL up and running ASAP, and not wait for the Thanksgiving crowds before trotting out a new, previously problematic headliner.

The only answer is $$$$$$. At the expense of the guest experience.

TTA94

Id be lieing if I said I wasn't concern they could potentially push RoL off until next year and open it with Avatar..

ToTBellHop

Id be lieing if I said I wasn't concern they could potentially push RoL off until next year and open it with Avatar..
They won't. They would not be maintaining the late hours for the park this fall if RoL wasn't coming on line "soon" (meaning this Fall). There is no real reason to maintain nighttime hours through next April without RoL. They are maintaining them now b/c it would be clunky to be open til 11 pm all summer, then 5 pm for two months, and then 9 pm.

TTA94

They won't. They would not be maintaining the late hours for the park this fall if RoL wasn't coming on line "soon" (meaning this Fall). There is no real reason to maintain nighttime hours through next April without RoL. They are maintaining them now b/c it would be clunky to be open til 11 pm all summer, then 5 pm for two months, and then 9 pm.

I think we can pretty much eliminate opening this month correct? So it's really between Late October or November? Gut feeling tells me a week before Thanksgiving is likely.

TTA94

Anyone hear if they reworked the main lotus? I know the tower was always going to be in the center but the concept art showing fountains coming out of the main lotus did not show that tower sticking out like we have seen in testing pics..

Sped2424

Anyone hear if they reworked the main lotus? I know the tower was always going to be in the center but the concept art showing fountains coming out of the main lotus did not show that tower sticking out like we have seen in testing pics..
The tower comes out from the main lotus I imagine that's a big finale reveal that you don't want every guest seeing before the show has it's debut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom