New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Bolt

Don't they move the JB stuff out overnight to work on ROL? That can't be done in an hour?

Anyone know if we might see daytime testing again so they can meet whatever date they have?
Here are a few reasons you won't see both shows on the same night:

-bringing a 100 cast for 1 show is not practical
-doesn't solve the problem with capacity as guests would want to see both shows
-there's more to running a different show then just moving floats, a ton of entertainment checks, test show, etc need to happen
-the actual moving of the other barges need to be tugged, as they don't have engines/drivers

doctornick

If Rivers of Light is working, that's what they'll be showing at night. If the Jungle Book show could work during the day, I could see that.

Yeah. I actually think that some version of the JB show would actually work well during the day -- the projections might not work, but you could certainly have the music and dancing. Run that maybe 3 times a day during daylight plus the RoL show at night and it increases the activities in the park until Pandora opens.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Yeah. I actually think that some version of the JB show would actually work well during the day -- the projections might not work, but you could certainly have the music and dancing. Run that maybe 3 times a day during daylight plus the RoL show at night and it increases the activities in the park until Pandora opens.
I respectfully disagree. The JB show during the day without the projections would be even worse than the abomination it is at night. Throw in the fact that people would have to sit in those stands out in the hot sun, with some guests sitting there even longer while they wait for the theater to fill up, and you have a pretty unpleasant experience. I found the seating area to be uncomfortable at night after the rain cooled things off....I can't even imagine what it would be like in the Florida sun/heat.

Last edited:

No Name

If anyone's worried about the current Jungle Book show being a permanent thing, there's no need to be. The Jungle Book show is far more expensive to run than RoL would be, and so I'm sure they're looking to get rid of the show as soon as RoL is ready. Not because it's bad (I disagree, if I haven't made that clear :)), but because it's more expensive.

If RoL's issues can't be fixed, who knows what they'll do? Probably show something with far fewer live performers, but with some more fountains and water features. I will probably like it less than TJB:AwM, but I'm sure many will like it more for the simple fact that it has more fountains. Just a guess.

Anyone hear anything about how fixing the issues is going?

wdwfan22

I don't think they will announce anything until they are 100% sure the show can run without any issues. I really hope they can get it done before the 4th of July holiday as the Animal Kingdom really deserves a grand nighttime spectacular for the summer season.

ChristianG

I've had a certain part of the soundtrack from the sneak peek a few weeks ago stuck in my head for such a long time. I know this is already common belief, but this show needs to premiere right now. I need to not just see, but hear more.

TTA94

I don't like this Tweet!!: https://twitter.com/DCharacternews/status/739240683832115200

Hopefully he's just playing around and not serious! Of course, I asked him/her when the welcome show was moving to the Hub, never got an answer.

IF This is true, Not Good!!!! I have some thoughts but I'll wait till we get a final answer either way.

I don't think they will scrap RoL. Cuts? maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if the lotus flowers become stationary and the animal floats become driven floats like the F! barges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom