New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

oceanbreeze77

The target date to my knowledge is still July 4th. If that changes I'll post it but they are trying to get this out sooner rather than later with 3rd shift still testing. To me september just sounds ludicrous as a date with that kind of round the clock testing and fixing going on.
Should this be finished earlier, (personally praying late june/early july LOL) would they redistribute FP? or just change all of the JB ones?

UpAllNight

I've been looking forward to this show very much, throughout the preview footage, teasers, everything. However the issue with the water screens for Jungle Book is making me very concerned that this is going to be more of the same. I also hope this show doesn't suffer similar story telling issues and that the water screens are integrated into the show better.

Sped2424

Should this be finished earlier, (personally praying late june/early july LOL) would they redistribute FP? or just change all of the JB ones?
july 4th was the target date so a late june opening doesn't sound plausible. They are really running around like chickens with their heads cut off to get this show up and running so I don't see the situation clearing up for a late june opening. As for FP your guess is as good as mine.

oceanbreeze77

july 4th was the target date so a late june opening doesn't sound plausible. They are really running around like chickens with their heads cut off to get this show up and running so I don't see the situation clearing up for a late june opening. As for FP your guess is as good as mine.
Do you know what the main issue is? I mean people have ben speculating barges/fountains but what has them running around like chickens?

jrhwdw

Does late June sound right for previews or even soft opens?

How many people at DAK/TDO knows about the July 4th goal? I'm just trying to see if there's anything firm out there since we've heard everything from July 4th to fall in the past few weeks. Even if JB was a hit, I'm surprised that they're still going for July 4th.

After the disappointment shared by many after the Jungle Book: Alive with Magic premiere, It seems that many just want Rivers of Light to start. The thing is, though, There hasen't been any new information released as of recently about a new premire date for the show. The last I heard, information would be released by Disney at the end of this month, but still, there hasn't been anything. Also, My family was able to book a dining package for the show all the way in August, which might mean that the show won't open over the summer. Either way, Does know any new information on this matter, or at least as heard any rumors about it?

jrhwdw

Nope. The lagoon will need to be clear of all the Jungle Book setup to run RoL. You won't be seeing both on the same night.
Don't they move the JB stuff out overnight to work on ROL? That can't be done in an hour?

Anyone know if we might see daytime testing again so they can meet whatever date they have?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom