New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

No Name

An electrical permit was filed today for Rivers of Light. The work area seems to be within the lagoon.

View attachment 142478

Rivers of Light - Electrical Work

Any guesses as to what this could be? I can't even begin to guess. Hopefully it means progress.

Maybe they're planning to have underwater tracks for the barges?

With the way they want the animal floats, flower fountains, boat, and maybe even the floating lanterns to be able to move, tracks really wouldn't work. They wouldn't allow one thing to cross the path of another.

Think of it like a trackless ride (such as Mystic Manor) vs. a ride with a track (such as The Many Adventures). The trackless ride allows for the vehicles to "dance" and cross each other's paths. The ride with a track, on the other hand, only allows the vehicles to go in a line and follow each other.

The problem is, they've nailed trackless tech for rides, but it seems that they're having trouble getting it to work for this show. I know it's somwhat different, but that's essentially the situation. Personally, I don't like the idea of solving the problem by installing tracks. They may be visible, and they'd definitely restrict the movement of the floating elements and make the show feel more "linear."

ABQ

With the way they want the animal floats, flower fountains, boat, and maybe even the floating lanterns to be able to move, tracks really wouldn't work. They wouldn't allow one thing to cross the path of another.

Think of it like a trackless ride (such as Mystic Manor) vs. a ride with a track (such as The Many Adventures). The trackless ride allows for the vehicles to "dance" and cross each other's paths. The ride with a track, on the other hand, only allows the vehicles to go in a line and follow each other.
Sadly, it would seem it currently is more like Luigi's Flying Tires than either Mystic Manor or Pooh, unable to be controlled.

Cesar R M

Video from the Mommy Blogger preview panel is up

I wonder, how many hits do mommy bloggers get?
I mean to host such presentation only to them?

Also, these costumes look fantastic, loved the part where they did show the photos of the actors and their full costume.

Because their little blogs attract new fans, not existing ones. Many of the websites Disney courts largely serve a demographic of stay-at-home-moms--a great place to look for new customers. I know because my wife is currently a stay-at-home-mom-blogger. Still waiting for Disney to invite us down, though lol.

I dont think they will attract new fans.
I mean. You do not attract anyone if your blog doesn't even have views.
I remember someone who was a blogger, who boasted of being invited everywhere by disney. And she barely had 200 views on her videos. Most of which were by curious wdwmagic visitors who wanted to see with their own eyes lol.

Cesar R M

...Do yall think that RoL is so far behind it will be pushed back to next year, or heavily modified to get the nonworking affects... err, strobe lighted?

Starting to wonder whether we're be seeing the Jungle Book Ro-Lite or the actual RoL in November. :\
Plot twist, they will remove the yeti from the mountain and put it in a barge with full disco yeti.
Disney will announce it has a dance party! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Cesar R M

Any guesses as to what this could be? I can't even begin to guess. Hopefully it means progress.

The problem is, they've nailed trackless tech for rides, but it seems that they're having trouble getting it to work for this show. I know it's somwhat different, but that's essentially the situation. Personally, I don't like the idea of solving the problem by installing tracks. They may be visible, and they'd definitely restrict the movement of the floating elements and make the show feel more "linear."
What if the tracks had a robot arm. That allowed a wider circular motion than just right above the guiding track.
That would allow more maneuverability than just tracks.

FigmentJedi

speaking of september. I wonder if shows like ROL and Jungle Book will be completely canceled during rains.
or if the actors/boats/floats can handle a mid level rain.
Well they clearly took wind safety into account seeing that the panel video's revealed the heavy robes on the shamans are presumably just for the procession and they dress lighter when doing stuff on their boats.

Lirael

The Jungle Book scheduled up to September 5th has me curious. I'm wondering if they're being cautious in case RoL fails again or have by this point come to the conclusion they can't get RoL out this summer but haven't gotten round to admitting it to guests, or think they can at least get RoL out by September 6th, hence the date

TTA94

They seriously need to tell everyone something. I'm sure they know if they can or can not get the show ready this summer. If it's the fall then just tell us!

Honestly I feel there is other factors than just when RoL is ready.. I feel their also going by what time of year is better based on how well Jungle Book does, AKs attendance, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom