New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TP2000

The new webcast "Inside Disney Parks" first episode was posted today, and they talked about AK's nightime offerings and made no hint to when ROL will be debuting, but mentioned that the Jungle Book show is a limited engagement, but then proceded to say that it is for the summer, which in Disney terms is much longer than July 2nd.

Wow. So much vapid perkiness, so little real information.

ToTBellHop

Soo about that last DPB RoL update/delay announcement... We are coming up to the middle and end of May... Should we be expecting a official announcement of a July or Fall opening date soon?

Though I think this week the DPB will be focusing on the FP+ launch of the Jungle Book show :-/.
I don't imagine we will hear anything else. They said they'd report back in May before they announced the Jungle Book show. What else is there to say before RoL is about a month away?

Soarin' Over Pgh

...Do yall think that RoL is so far behind it will be pushed back to next year, or heavily modified to get the nonworking affects... err, strobe lighted?

Starting to wonder whether we're be seeing the Jungle Book Ro-Lite or the actual RoL in November. :\

TTA94

Has anyone heard what the current status is? Are they just in talks still how to fix the navigation systems, etc? or have they come up with a solution and are in the process of fixing the problems?

Soarin' Over Pgh

I haven't asked. I'd be surprised to see limited, if any, guided craft for this show.

Wow. So do you think we can expect (using that word very loosely here) water jets, water mists with projections and thats... about it?

Any idea if the lantern plan is still a go? I thought that was about the coolest idea, ever.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
An electrical permit was filed today for Rivers of Light. The work area seems to be within the lagoon.

upload_2016-5-17_16-37-39.png

Rivers of Light - Electrical Work

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom